RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Vent/Ranting Thread
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: The Vent/Ranting Thread

I meant what he said about them telling him "Sorry, you don't have a good enough name for it"

That could mean two possible things. And I'm confused as shit.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-22-2010 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I haven't been published anywhere big, and I don't have some sort of literary award from grade school or something like that to put as a credential. So because I'm not known anywhere worth being known, I can't be published in a place where I would possibly be known.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
09-22-2010 12:58 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

So, no magazines will take you? I wish I still had the book by Stephen King "On Writing". It had a lot of different places a "beginner" could get published.

Did you try minor journals? We all need to start somewhere. Any credentials would be better than nothing. Publish to smaller ones first, then move on the mid popularity magazines and such.

Or did you already do that, and they're just being asses now?

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-22-2010 01:06 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

English, a class we shouldn't really need in high school (or in any other school for that matter), is the biggest workhorse out of all my classes. "Do this, do that, hey guess what? you have 4 homework assignments tonight AND a project due in 3 days, i know you have other classes and a life, but i'm a bitch and will fuck over your free time anyway"

:(

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-22-2010 01:11 PM
booshpower Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

fucking hate going to a private all boys school. i'm really grateful for my parents spending money on my education and that but is there really a point? the reality of it for me isn't so great. i dread going there everyday to face the people, the work and the constant anxiety. i don't want to study an academic subject after i leave either, can't see the point of going through 2 years of constant work. all the teachers act like it's the be all and end all of getting qualifications. already had enough after 4 weeks, simply can't motivate myself to do anything, feel really distant from everything and have just been feeling god awful this past year...
don't know if i should just move and do an art course at a sixth form college, or if i will regret it No
10-13-2010 05:55 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Vatman Wrote:I haven't been published anywhere big, and I don't have some sort of literary award from grade school or something like that to put as a credential. So because I'm not known anywhere worth being known, I can't be published in a place where I would possibly be known.

D---- Vatman isn't an awesome enough name to get published?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-13-2010 06:56 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Amortisatie Wrote:English, a class we shouldn't really need in high school (or in any other school for that matter), is the biggest workhorse out of all my classes. "Do this, do that, hey guess what? you have 4 homework assignments tonight AND a project due in 3 days, i know you have other classes and a life, but i'm a bitch and will fuck over your free time anyway"

I resent this.... English is by far the most important class in my opinion. English class is relevant to virtually all fields and careers. Wherever speaking, writing or critical thinking is required, English class is useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
10-13-2010 07:21 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:
Amortisatie Wrote:English, a class we shouldn't really need in high school (or in any other school for that matter), is the biggest workhorse out of all my classes. "Do this, do that, hey guess what? you have 4 homework assignments tonight AND a project due in 3 days, i know you have other classes and a life, but i'm a bitch and will fuck over your free time anyway"

I resent this.... English is by far the most important class in my opinion. English class is relevant to virtually all fields and careers. Wherever speaking, writing or critical thinking is required, English class is useful.
Not if you choose to move to Best Korea! (Or other suck non English countries) But, I'm going to have to agree, when taught right, it's useful. It's near useless to a lot of us, but a lot of people still insist "Ignorant" is pronounced "Ignit."

Faith o' Meter
10-13-2010 08:01 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:

As of now, my current english class is overload, we are too worried and stressed about all the crap being piled on top of us that we don't really care about the important stuff, kind of a "why worry about the gold stones rolling by when there are boulders being hurled at you" situation.

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
11-08-2010 07:52 AM
GoldenEveeee Offline
Rebel

urgh toady i had do my speaking project for english, but Im Noooooo good at speaking so i mess up once and peple Laugh at me and I nerly crieed!!!!! :waah:

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
01-15-2011 11:38 PM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Baww I have a Swedish exam tomorrow and I've slept through pretty much 100% of all of the classes, including past years and also I have never even needed it much unlike English. It's just stressful to dissapoint my parents and see other people doing better than me, even the idiot of the class >:S

[Image: adhd_mild.gif] Try it on yourself!
01-17-2011 08:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
InDenial Offline
Rebel

To begin with a simple, basic idea, I am angry. Why else would I be posting in this little forum? But there are specifics, certain dates and events in time that have caused my brain to produce little enzymes that race through my brain and cause me to become an emotional wreck. Here are recent examples.

1. I have decided to drop out of school. When I first came to the conclusion that this was right for me, I felt not only happy that I had a concrete goal, but at peace. I had finally found a way to get out of something I hated, though I had always known about it, I had just never given it too much thought until recently. I then went and asked my teacher whom I love dearly, (he's a drama teacher with great talent, how could you not love him?) if there was any proper way to drop out so you don't get hauled off to jail. He told me about taking the proficiency exam and a few other things, like where to start. I had a starting point. I'll cut to the quick though. The crux of the matter is that to even take the proficiency exam, I must have parent permission. It went down hill from there. My parents are a year away from being forty years older than I am. Which means we disagree on almost every subject known to man. My parents went ballistic when I told them of my intentions. Every day since then home has been as it was when I had done as I felt like from elementary through middle school. Tense, angry, and I am frequently slapped or beaten in other ways. In the end I couldn't care what my father thinks now. My mom on the other hand... lord... I love that woman. When we had our most recent actual fight, she cried. Now understand, my mother isn't a terribly emotional woman. Hell, she didn't cry when her our mother died. But at this fight, her face is red, her voice is chocked off, and tears are cascading down her face as she's screaming at me that "I'm ruining my life and I'm too fucking stubborn to admit it". That was almost two weeks ago, but there isn't a day where I don't hear her screaming that at me again.

2. My father specifically. Each day, be him driving us out to dinner, sitting around the house, or just when there is a semi-relaxed moment, he breaks it asking, "So tell me what is you hate about school so much?" Normally, I'd give a straight forward, honest answer, giving examples and explaining my opinion. The only reason I don't now, is that I've done this for the past three weeks, only a daily basis. Apparently disliking being forced into a prison without a concrete reason, despising rude imbeciles that only hear what they want to hear and are so assured of their own important, and generally hating the falsehood that school is actually a positive way to teacher children, are not valid reasons for disliking schools. Hmm, go figure.

3. The tiresome drama that comes with being a teenager. Dear lord whom I do not believe to exist, why the hell would anyone want to live there for the rest of their lives? It's impossible to understand for me how 'high school was some of the best years of my life'. Unless of course they are completely discounting the classes, endless detentions, cruel teachers, and other pointless oddities, then yeah, it's fine. i have to admit though, pranking other classes is entertaining. What isn't entertaining though, is the bullshit drama that goes around. Every day my friends come to me with more and updated numerous complaints. "I think I might be pregnant, again." "My boyfriend broke up with me cause I cheated on him. I mean I did, but ("Jake") kissed me first, and now I don't know what to do." "My 'friend' just called my dad last night while I was out at a party and said I was trying to kill myself." Does it never END?! I swear, it gets worse every week. Normally, I wouldn't actually mind them coming to me with all their problems. I'm used to it. I'd rather they come to me than their parents. I know their parents, their parents would go apeshit. As I generally give good advice, it all seems to work out for the better. But right now, I wanna punch even my best friend in the face and tell her shut up, rot in hell, and go get blue waffle. She bitched at me a little bit ago because I needed to mind my own business and not try to force things. All I did was ask her if she liked some guy who we were hanging out with. I never did get a straight answer until tonight, and I'm not too good when it comes to figuring out things that would be obvious to most people. She told me to stop butting into places where I'm not wanted, "And have no expertise in." That little cum sucking whore knows I'm sensitive about shit like that. If you were to ask me how I came into hold of all my knowledge that I turn into advice, you'd more than likely expect a whole lot of stories about my experiences. You would be wrong. I have not had a single personal experience. I am a sheltered little doll that is pretty to look at but is not to be messed with. I'm pretty enough, short yeah, but I have a great chest, I'm continually showed with compliments, and yet I have never had a boyfriend. Not even my first kiss. I am sixteen next month, and I am still pure, like my day fucking name. No boy has ever asked me out, despite my flirting, my hints, and my usually friendly manners to those who aren't my friends. I am a violent, mean, sarcastic bitch, which may be the root of the problem, but I know people who are even worse than me who get more attention. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME THAT I AM NOT WORTHY OF SOME LOVING?!

End Rant

Yes, I realize these things are minor in the scheme of things, and that, yes, I should mind my own business, but I just wanted her to be happy with some one. She recently was broken up with, and she'd seemed down. So I tried to convince our mutual friend, who she likes, and he most definitely likes her, to ask her out. She proceeded to bitch at me. I do know that I am in the wrong, but I was trying to help. Maybe that makes me a bad person. Well too God damn fucking bad! At least she has people who like her!

Okay, this time I swear I'm done.

I recently read a great book. It had all my favorite things. Murder, rape, torture, and a whole bunch of strange disturbing sexual preferences.
01-18-2011 05:16 PM
Slick Offline
Shattered

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Stupid fucking Math California Exit Exam. Yes, the test I'm suppose
to take tomorrow for the 7th time in my life and I still haven't covered most of the material I don't know.

I already know I'm not going to pass it, chances are, I'll miss the required score off by a few points again. I honestly wish I can cheat.

Quote:Slick's Mental Health Status
[Image: Q9YKMxA.gif?1]
02-02-2011 06:31 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Motherfucking eating noises have been extremely annoying to me since I was very small, it's just seemed almost impossible to get rid of. It sucks ass, I think it could limit my life in many ways... such as going to college, I've heard people eat all the time there. This website has a lot of people with exactly my problem.

http://www.chat-hyperacusis.net/post?id=1380172

I haven't been able to do anything about it since as far as I can remember. Definitely since before 1st grade. The only instances it doesn't seem to bother me is when I'm extremely fucking happy or something, and the other person isn't eating anything crunchy. Fuck I hate this, I wish I could get rid of it.

[Image: glorious666.png]
02-24-2011 03:43 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

oh my god GO AWAY YOU SILLY WOMAN Argh
04-13-2011 08:56 PM
Slick Offline
Shattered

Slick Wrote:Stupid fucking Math California Exit Exam. Yes, the test I'm suppose
to take tomorrow for the 7th time in my life and I still haven't covered most of the material I don't know.

I already know I'm not going to pass it, chances are, I'll miss the required score off by a few points again. I honestly wish I can cheat.

Sure enough, I was right. 344 was my points. Required score is 350.

Fuck California's bullshit education system.

04-24-2011 07:32 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Sister told me that I should go to bed, and then went off on some long rant about how missing ONE math class (oh, and by the way, I cannot remember ANYTHING that was "taught" to me in math (or any class, really) for the past, three or so years) will make me a failure who is doomed to sit in a basement until I'm twenty five and how I should be looking into colleges (even though she did just that, and never found the right one, dunno how that's supposed to make sense), and how standardized tests are the decider for my life and how life isn't fair yet you have to play by it's rules and if you don't think just like everyone else you will never be anything in life and, I fucking shit you not, word for word, that "school is education". Oh, and then she called me "brainwashed" and "self-entitled" for not thinking the same way she does about school.

The worst part is that I did not make up, or exaggerate, any of that. Any of it.

ALL MY RAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE Brickwall

Also, call me crazy, say I have a death wish, but I really would like to drift though the American northwest for a few years once I get out of school, and get a GED of course. Could say that's cheating the system in of itself. Problem, sis? :troll:

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-03-2011 06:35 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

FUCK SHIT ASSHOLE WANKER BUTTRAPIST CUNTHOLE FUCKING AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

fucking damnit 17 days is a fucking long time fuck
05-05-2011 12:51 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

My school is literally becoming a prison.

There are security cameras everywhere now, and there is no possibility on earth you can leave before the day's classes are done. Not even with two teachers accompanying you!

Three ... more ... weeks.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
05-05-2011 12:58 AM
Flammablecake Offline
Defiant

I HATE PE CLASSES. I HATE MY GYM CLASSES. I HATE MY FREAKING GYM TEACHER. THEY'RE BOTH A*SHOLES. OMG I WANT TO KILL THEM. I HATE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! BURN IN HELLLLLLLLL!
05-09-2011 10:37 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Faby Wrote:My school is literally becoming a prison.

There are security cameras everywhere now, and there is no possibility on earth you can leave before the day's classes are done. Not even with two teachers accompanying you!
WTF 1984 much...I guess your principal is Big Brother. That's kinda messed up.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
05-10-2011 04:45 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Hey, I made a post similar to this, here
:waah:

Previously known as Derchin.
05-10-2011 06:37 AM
MagicGambyt Offline
Defiant

Faby Wrote:My school is literally becoming a prison.

Three ... more ... weeks.

Wow, that's bad but I think my school can top it. We've recently had a massive fucking green gate put around the whole of our school, code locked and sealed, the only way out is by the front door and there is a teacher stood by the door to stop you at all times. (I escaped once but that was by pure determination Biggrin) There is always someone in the halls, and you are NEVER EVER EVER let out of the classroom, even for the toilet. My school is crazy!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
05-10-2011 09:36 AM
Crow Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I understand why you decided to join us o.O

I'm so sick of all these people but I'm scared to be alone...
05-10-2011 10:37 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

MagicGambyt Wrote:(I escaped once but that was by pure determination Biggrin)

HOW

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
05-10-2011 12:17 PM
MagicGambyt Offline
Defiant

Blobthe15 Wrote:
MagicGambyt Wrote:(I escaped once but that was by pure determination Biggrin)

HOW

The people by the door kept on asking what I was doing there, I kept on lying, saying things like "I'm waiting for someone" Etc, when they stepped towards the desk to talk to the receptionist and when I was sure they weren't going to notice, I slipped behind them, pressed the door release button and slipped out. Sprinted for the gate and disappeared. Biggrin They called home then, said I had run off. Haha

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
05-11-2011 01:13 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

My mom has a massive amount of sand up her ass today for some reason, and is bitching at me constantly for doing, or not doing, something that I wasn't, or was, supposed to do. What's that? You're on math class just like I asked, and are pretending to be paying attention good enough so that I actually think you are? YOU DON'T HAVE THE MATH BOOK WITH YOU, THEREFORE THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END UNLESS YOU GET IT. AND DON'T YOU DARE GET UP TO GET THE BOOK, SINCE CLASSES ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD YOU CAN'T MISS A SECOND OF THEM EVEN TO GET THE MATH BOOK THAT I JUST TOLD YOU TO GET.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-26-2011 03:48 AM
Slick Offline
Shattered

RE: The Vent/Ranting Thread

If it's one thing I hate about Holidays is having a bunch of kids coming over.

God, I wish this Easter day would just end already.

04-09-2012 05:42 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

School starts tomorrow.

Previously known as Derchin.
04-09-2012 05:45 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(04-09-2012 05:45 AM)Derchin Wrote:  School starts tomorrow.

[Image: glorious666.png]
04-09-2012 05:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I must vent, the crappy forums who'v been to thread maromi12d3 7 3,110 11-22-2008 09:49 PM
Last Post: random_name