RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who else hates PE? (or Gym for the Americans)
Pyrokinetic_Punker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
who else hates PE? (or Gym for the Americans)

I absolutely HATE Physical Education class, I don't see the point of it, they say it's to fight childhood obesity but how the hell is jumping up and down going to do that? today we did circuit training which is pretty much just doing push-ups, sit-ups etc. and I just stood there for most of it. I am one of those people unfortunate enough not to be "blessed" with wonderful sporting abilty, I can't run fast, I'm very inflexible and whenever we play dodge ball I ALWAYS get hit in the head, I'm not sure if it's intentional but I wouldn't be surprised if it was, not many people in my class like me. Sometimes I joke around with the few friends I do have and say stuff like "can you break my nose so I don't have to do PE?" or "how much damage do you think I'd do to myself if I sprinted into the wall?", anyone else want to share their PE horror stories? how far would you go to get out of PE?
03-01-2007 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Exercise is good for you... but it sucks to have anything forced on you. I hated PE too. In high school, I often had to sit out because I didn't have something I was supposed to have, like the school shirt or sweat pants or something. I got to just read instead of participating...
03-02-2007 12:25 AM
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I hate gym class. I don't need their help to stay fit. That's what my dog is for. Smile
03-02-2007 02:02 AM
englishdude Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I feel the same.
I am very fit and do alot of sport outside of school, but I hate the sports they force on us.
Inside of school we do:
Football(soccer) - I suck
Tennis - I'm alirght
Rugby - I suck
Fitness and Circuits - I suck at school, probably because I don't try and or get embaressed.
Swimming

The sports I enjoy, like karate, table tennis and badmington, we don't get to do in school. People in England seem to think all children should love to watch and play football.

If for any reason we have a spare Physical Education lesson, (example - Swimming Pool is broken, Tennis courts are being used) then we always do Football...

Remember just because your not great and sports, doesn't mean you can't be, I know alot of people say this but your mindset helps.

Usually if there is a sport you love, and you do it, you will do well/win, doing an activity you hate or find pointless, you will probably not do so well.

I agree, when, where and how you excercise should be your own choice.

English Dude

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
03-02-2007 02:22 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

um, yeah, you're going to hate me for this but i loved gym...
03-02-2007 05:36 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

oh god, i despise gym class. and what the hell is the point? if those fat fucks don't want to go on a diet and be fucking whales then that's their fucking choice. they have no right to shove this boot camp bullshit down our throats just so they can look good to the news, saying "look! we're fighting obesity, we care about kids!" YEAH AND WHAT ABOUT THE ONES WHO GET HUMILIATED DAILY BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT STRONG? OR THE ONES WHO GET HURT PLAYING SOME RETARDED LITTLE GAME, OR HAVE A FUCKING ASTHMA ATTACK WHEN THEY'RE FORCED TO RUN A MILE WITH SOME FASCIST DICK SCREAMING AT THEM TO HURRY UP? HUH? its so fucking retarded, there is NO reason for something like that in school.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
03-02-2007 06:54 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Funny story about that......

In america there is a required test all students must take called the physical fitness exams....they are stupid in every way, shape, and form. So I did not take them.

Darn that was not funny was it....

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
03-02-2007 08:27 AM
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

englishdude Wrote:I feel the same.
I am very fit and do alot of sport outside of school, but I hate the sports they force on us.
Inside of school we do:
Football(soccer) - I suck
Tennis - I'm alirght
Rugby - I suck
Fitness and Circuits - I suck at school, probably because I don't try and or get embaressed.
Swimming

I would LOVE to play rugby, but sadly nobody else around me feels as I do. "Yubba yubba yubba, shame shame." Lawlz.
03-02-2007 08:36 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I was just thinking about making a topic like this today! what a coincidence!

Anyway, to the original poster, YES, I HATE gym. Sometimes we get to go outside, which can be enjoyable, but not often. Most of the time, we just play basketball for like 90 minutes. It is a COMPLETE WASTE of my time, even by school standards.

Even worse, there's nowhere you can even rest for a second, people play basketball in every freakin corner of the gym, and no matter where you sit, you WILL get hit eventually. Most of the people in my class have such bad aim, that it's not even funny.

And boy, do the teachers get pissed if you leave. ARRGH.
03-02-2007 08:55 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

BigWolf Wrote:I never really disliked or liked PE. In Middle School I remember disliking the coaches, but the activities were fun.

I think you all are being way too hard on PE and the schools for this (especially Rebelnerd), it's illogical.

Gym class is good for you, do a little runnin', play some basketball or somethin', it's good for your body. You can't blame the school for wanting to help.

Rebelnerd Wrote:saying "look! we're fighting obesity, we care about kids!"

I found this retarded, in the fact that it doesn't make sense. Schools are always clamoring for funds, cutting out gym class would save quite a big chunk of their budget. It'd be much more beneficial for the school financially, if they had no PE class.

Physical fitness is important, no doubt. It'll lengthen your life span, that sounds positive, doesn't it?

Cosbydaf Wrote:Most of the time, we just play basketball for like 90 minutes. It is a COMPLETE WASTE of my time, even by school standards.

It's not a complete waste of time. It's a complete waste of time if you sit down and do nothing, then it's a waste of time. Moving around, being physical, is not. At our age our bodies are growing rapidly, exercise does it more good than you'd expect. Really, it's important to be healthy. And if you're already healthy and thinking, "Oh, it's not my problem, I'm fit, it's the fat people who need help." Not really, everyone needs to be physical, you don't have to be fat to be unfit.

Cosbydaf Wrote:And boy, do the teachers get pissed if you leave. ARRGH.

That's because it's illegal. It's called truancy.

The English dude and xcriteria have a good point. Much more intelligent than "OMG I H8 GIM, ITS STOOPID!!!11one1!" Physical fitness is important, though everyone knows that it's never fun to have shit shoved down your throat, the same goes for physical activity. Gym class isn't pointless, it has a very valid purpose, it's just a turn off to be forced to do something you don't wanna do, no matter the outcome.

Pyrokinetic, don't injure yourself to merely get out of a class, that's silly. Just fake the injury.

Oh also, Rebelnerd, being overweight doesn't only happen from eating too much or eating badly. A friend of mine has been overweight since birth, he's a big guy, that's because of genetics, not overeating. Also, goin' on a diet doesn't just lose you weight, you need to exercise. What you need to do to lose weight the healthy way is eat smaller portions of food, eat healthier food, and exercise regularly.

This thread annoyed me.

It's not that I don't like exercise, I run around the house all the time. The only exercise I get in Gym, is trying to dodge wayward basketballs being hurled everywhere.And when I talked about leaving the class, I was just sitting outside the gym door., not like wandering around everywhere.

And the only reason I did that was because I had been hit about 3 times before that, and I was sick of it.
03-02-2007 10:44 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

BigWolf Wrote:Well yeah, that shit sucks. No one likes to get hit in the head with a basketball.

Yeah, Some jerk bent my glasses sideways just last week. I was lucky they where fixable!
03-02-2007 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

This thread also annoys me. So did gym class. I disliked it for the example reason you gave Wolf, it sucks because they force me to be active. I completely understand what it is for and I recognize that it did help me.

Middle and elementary school gym class was pretty retarded and we didn't do anything that would get anybody fit. But the one semester it was mandatory for me to take gym in high school I became noticeably more fit. I tripled the amount of sit ups I could do and I lost weight. Then it was the summer and in grade nine I wasn't thinking of the future. So I got lazy and here I am. The most weight I've lost in a while was 10 pounds because I didn't bring/boil enough water when I went backpacking last summer.

About being fat and overweight... weight only has a link to health when it goes over a certain level. The right range of weight is different for all people. If you descend from northern stock then you will probably have more fat than someone native to the equator. Another example is the strongest man in the world. I was watching a documentary about strength and he was on it. He looks nothing like a "he-man". He is extremely thick and round. Some of that is muscle but he also has fat there. But the thing is, he is extremely fit and strong.

Some more comments about obesity. Childhood obesity is a much worse problem than adult obesity because when a child is obese it takes far more effort to get it off. An adult only creates new fat cells when they stop using their muscles and the muscles turn into fat cells. But children and teens are able to create more fat cells. In an adult their fat cells are filled with lipids and can be drained by exercise. Children get it off the same but they will most likely have much more cells and so will retain more fat.

And Wolf is right about exercise. The only way to lose weight is to burn fat by exercise. Diets can stop you from gaining weight and they can complement exercise and activity but diet alone will do nothing.
03-02-2007 10:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

I think it's also worth noting that I used to LOVE gym in elementary school and still liked it in middle school.

But my High school Gym class is just really lame.
03-02-2007 11:01 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i don't care how they got fat, we shouldn't all have to suffer just because they won't excercise at home.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
03-02-2007 11:30 AM
Fanatic

gym isn't just for fat kids

for fucks sake

it's geared towards the physical... benefit, i suppose - of people in general.
03-02-2007 11:35 AM
Fanatic

i just realized something

WE GET TO TAKE GYM IN COLLEGE

this is going to be amazing
03-02-2007 11:36 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Gym is the easiest class for me. I don't do jack shit, but yet, I get an A anyways.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
03-02-2007 03:14 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

BigWolf Wrote:This is just a stupid comment.

Like this one, pointing it out.

how? really, why is everyone forced into the PE crap on behalf of a few kids who aren't healthy? wouldn't it be better to have it be voluntary? kids would like it more if they weren't forced, and gym teachers couldn't just shove all this crap down your throat if you didn't want to take it. if someone wants to not take care of their health, its their right. and next time you feel like insulting someone's post, try to actually explain yourself instead of just saying "this is stupid."

03-02-2007 11:56 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I always hated PE. I would use every opportunity possible to be excused from it. I have nothing against exercise, in fact, I LIKE exercise. Back then we had a nice back yard at home and I skated lots. But PE was just annoying because they made me play stupid games with stupid people that hated my guts and just made it miserable for me. And they made me undress in front of those morons. That was actually the worst part. Because you couldn't do PE unless you got changed into those clothes Razz (so when I couldn't be excused from PE, I wore my PE clothes UNDER my regular clothes and just took those off. No peekaboo for you suckers!)

So, some people like PE. Good for you. If they made it optional, you could still do it and people who hate it wouldn't have to.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-03-2007 05:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

true. but still, if a few people have health problems you don't force the cure on everyone. that goes for a lot of diseases, not just obesity.

03-03-2007 11:04 AM
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:gym isn't just for fat kids

for fucks sake

it's geared towards the physical... benefit, i suppose - of people in general.

i repeat this again...
03-03-2007 11:18 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

and i'll say this again: physical fitness is a personal choice! nobody has the right to FORCE a person to be healthy. if someone wants to smoke, drink, or gorge themselves on candy every night its their own right.

03-03-2007 01:43 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:and i'll say this again: physical fitness is a personal choice! nobody has the right to FORCE a person to be healthy. if someone wants to smoke, drink, or gorge themselves on candy every night its their own right.

Alibet it being really fucking stupid to gorge themselves on cadny, etc every night. 'Cause candy in large amounts blows.
03-03-2007 01:47 PM
Fanatic

no, i wasn't saying anything about being forced or not to go. i meant this whole fat kid thing is ridiculous
03-03-2007 03:05 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Now that I think about it, it seems funny that a place with worst-designed desks in the world claims to care about people's physical health anyway.
03-03-2007 04:54 PM
Pyrokinetic_Punker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I just don't find sport fun, I don't understand why people enjoy it, I much prefer reading and drawing and all that creative stuff. I don't like feeling humiliated during PE because I can't run fast and I hate getting hit by balls, once I got hit in the head with a ball and I had to get sent home coz I got really dizzy and felt like fainting. If people enjoy sport, great, do it after school, don't force people who just aren't good at sport to do it.

Plus my PE teacher is a bastard, he's mean to all the people who aren't good at sport and he perves on all the girls, like he stands behind them and stares at their arses when they bend over and stuff like that, it's disgusting. I'm a girl but I don't wear shorts and unbutton all the buttons on my PE shirt like most the girls in my class (plus I'm not very attractive, I don't think I am anyway) so yeah...I'm not saying physical exercise is bad, I know that it's not good to sit around all day but I just don't like sport, I do enjoy frisbee though...is that considered a sport? anyway I'm not saying exercise is bad and fat people are stupid or anything like that, I understand sport is fun for some people I just wish people would understand that I don't find it enjoyable.
03-05-2007 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

I have some good news and bad news for ya. Good news is I agree that people shouldn't be forced into gym class (or any class). Bad news is that I would most likely perv on the girls also.
03-06-2007 06:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:I have some good news and bad news for ya. Good news is I agree that people shouldn't be forced into gym class (or any class). Bad news is that I would most likely perv on the girls also.
There's nothing wrong with that. That used to be one of Zero's hobbies/jobs.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
03-06-2007 12:08 PM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

ok its not that i hate gym... god knows i could use the exorsize... its the gym teacher. In the spring and fall we had to run around the field so im all ok he might run with us or sit and time us or somthing but no, the bastard pulls around the corner in a golf cart and drive along side us yelling at us to run faster

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
03-07-2007 07:11 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

he uses a golf cart while you run??? christ, what an asshole...

03-07-2007 08:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MY SCHOOL HATES HATS! SchoolRebel 44 16,186 04-16-2017 09:54 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Who here hates school? lisafromjackson 16 4,667 12-17-2015 01:54 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Everyone hates me, should I commit suicide? 1312 13 4,663 06-28-2014 04:06 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  My School hates SS Electronagon 22 9,295 12-19-2012 12:04 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Mom hates me thefrustrated 7 3,662 09-15-2012 11:48 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  If everyone hates school then why won't they improve it? fish20 3 2,861 04-14-2010 02:33 PM
Last Post: magikarp
  Who hates the school bus? katakana 13 4,262 10-10-2008 06:52 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle