RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Good Article thingy?
Si
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Their Own Little Addiction" By TheATXKiller
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
"Their Own Little Addiction" By TheATXKiller

I'm sure all of us hate school, and I'm sure a lot of us hate most of the morons that go to said school, aka the students. Some students are dicks to us, some find "love" (yeah right), some create drama, some are always making stupid fucking jokes that are funny to EEEVERYONE else, but not to me, because I DONT FUCKING SEE HOW "YOUR MOM" IS FUCKING COMEDIC GENIUS!!! KDMN AO:SJFDB:JA!

Sorry about that. But Seriously now, there are a lot of morons at school. But I'm sure a lot of people have asked: Why? Well, after years of wondering just that question, I can safely say that I can answer it with confidence: They are bored.

That's right. They're bored out of their damn minds. And what do you do when you're bored? Find somthing to do. And the ignorant masses of most prisons, er Auswitch emulators, I mean schools have all found somthing to do and NEED that somthing to do to keep their sanity. Nobody really knows what would happen exactly to the students if they don't have their fix, but I doubt it'd be pretty. Anyways....the fix. Dumbasses of our schools all subconciuously pick their fixes beginning at 6th grade, AKA the time of your life where you either become a free-thinking revolutionary, or an ignorant sheep...like eeeveryone else. That aside, the dumbasses pick their fix unaware of them doing it. They just...slowly begin to like making fun of kids. Or they like crying alot to get attention, or enjoy pretending to love someone. After a while, they get used to it completly and never give it a second thought.

You can actually count the number of student fixes on your hand...and I think we will.

1. Humor - Very, very, VERY widespread. This fix is charecterized by telling jokes, mostly stupid, making fun of other students for laughs rather then power or whatever, and never being serious.
2. Drama - Not as widespread as humor. Charecterised by fale suicides, superficial relationships, making or breaking people up constantly (Example: Making a couple of two toatlly different people, pretending that they're gonna marry, etc, etc, and then lying to the girlfriend about the boyfriend cheating, then they relish, and I mean RELISH in the drama.), etc, etc.
3. Social Acceptance - Again, widespread. This is defined by trying horribly hard to look "cool" and being cool is the best thing ever. Picks on "unpopular" kids all the time, wears clothes just for others acceptanc, basically a lapdog for the student body.

And.. thats all, folks! Amazing how so many students can just choose 1 out of only 3 of fixes, you'd expect ther'd be 10s, maybe hundreds of fixes. And indeed, there may be, as I've ultra-simplified these fixes. There are a bunch of sub-fixes, little fixes withen fixes that fall under one of the three above catagories. So if you wanna classify someone by their fix, then just figure out their sub-catagory fix and figure out where that sub goes under the three main fixes.

Annyways. A few examples of kida t my school and their fixes.

1. Kyle. A smart-mouthing, swearing prankster always making jokes to have everyone else laugh. Obviously, he's a Humor-Social Acceptance mix.
2. Various Girls (very rarely boys). They, as exmplained above, make and break "relationships" to their will. They just need more and more and more drama, never ever satisfied.
3. Steven. Utter dick. Picks on kids all the time and it's like a hobby to him. He's an obvious humor. "HUH, Brandon, oh sexy, sexy brandon?" Why thank you. And yes, it's humor. It goes back to how kids loved killing ants: It's funny watching them squirm. In a teenager, it's sick and cruel. But teenagers arn't adults yet. They're still kids, basically. Just Kids who are a bit more sophisticated, who can swear, and are bored.

Etc,etc, ad nauseum, as nauseum. you get it.

But, before we wrap this shit up...what about kids with no fix? They are a rare breed indeed. If you're reading this, you probably don't have a fix. These kids will either end up as

A. Disents in every way of the word. Great people the lot of them.
B. "Losers" aka "Nerds" "Geeks" "Failures", as called by students with fixes. People who are just going to die out in the social habitat unfortunatly. Although kids with fixes will group dissents in this group just because they are different and have no fix (See first footnote), in reality dissents are totally different.

So, in conclusion: They pick on people because they're bored. They break people up because they're bored. They try to be cool just because they're bored. That's it. No underlying reason (Well, maybe. Like Drama stemming from being a child who gets no attention). No big motive. No nothing. They're bored.

But still, there are questions. What sets off that unvolentary choosing of fixes instead of pursuing real hobbies and intrests? Why so little fixes? Who's to blame? Why do some kids have no fix?

These questions may or may not be answered.

But,still..

We've come this far...

Copyright 2007 Brandon Hurtado. Written Friday, March 23, 2007, 11:41:33 PM. (Too late Razz)

1. Maybe kids with fixes hate different kids not because of differences, but because they have no fix. This would explain why they never try the intrest/thing/etc out and never wonder if people just have different opinions.
03-24-2007 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

It's good, I like it. I don't agree with everything there but it has some good things to say.
03-24-2007 02:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I haven't read it all yet, but i give ya my vote!
03-24-2007 03:14 PM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Ha ha, HA!

I read it, and it's a yish from me

"Want evidence of how deeply we've allowed the media to define our beauty? Look in the mirror. How many of you honestly believe in your own essential beauty? Isn't it wrong that we have let the bastards define human beauty for us, instead of encouraging us to look within each other for it?"
03-24-2007 08:10 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

hey, i go to high school and it's just like that there too.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
03-25-2007 12:51 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

It's good. I just have one issue with it:

Quote:B. "Losers" aka "Nerds" "Geeks" "Failures", as called by students with fixes. People who are just going to die out in the social habitat unfortunatly.

Do you mean the social habitat in school, or in real life after that? I think you should be more clear. Either way, maybe they will, but maybe not. No way to know for sure.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-25-2007 02:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: "Their Own Little Addiction" By TheATXKiller

TheATXKiller Wrote:2. Various Girls (very rarely boys). They, as exmplained above, make and break "relationships" to their will. They just need more and more and more drama, never ever satisfied.
I remember a girl from sixth grade who started "dating" me (though I never agreed, and i never liked her at all), and because I was silent (I get like that in school), she supposedly "broke up" with me three minutes later. Pfft, whatever, bitch.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
03-25-2007 12:46 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:It's good. I just have one issue with it:

Quote:B. "Losers" aka "Nerds" "Geeks" "Failures", as called by students with fixes. People who are just going to die out in the social habitat unfortunatly.

Do you mean the social habitat in school, or in real life after that? I think you should be more clear. Either way, maybe they will, but maybe not. No way to know for sure.

School habitiat, I'll change said passage. Soz for being vauge.
03-25-2007 01:22 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

BigWolf Wrote:I didn't read it all the way through, 'cause I'm lazy.

But I'd say that the main reason you're experiencing this crap is because the people you deal with are immature. Boredom is a factor, but I think immaturity is what you can blame everything on.

You must be in Middle School, what 8th? 9th grade?

Well, at my high school, hardly anyone acts like that anymore.

By 10th grade I think people are so brainwashed the thought stops occurring to them. That and maturity, those be the 2 largest factors I say!
03-25-2007 07:05 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:By 10th grade I think people are so brainwashed the thought stops occurring to them. That and maturity, those be the 2 largest factors I say!

You can be brainwashed and mature at the same time? Confused Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-26-2007 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
liq3 Wrote:By 10th grade I think people are so brainwashed the thought stops occurring to them. That and maturity, those be the 2 largest factors I say!

You can be brainwashed and mature at the same time? Confused Razz
Hmm....HELL NO!

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
03-26-2007 02:10 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Well, it might go against the main tactic in brainwashing...
When someone is maturing, they are usually mentally maturing also.(but not all the time)
It would just make it harder, that's all.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
03-26-2007 09:12 PM