RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Discuss The Vt Shooting ( this will be interesting )
X Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Lets Discuss The Vt Shooting ( this will be interesting )

Well..... I'm new to this forum and just wanted to start this post to hear your insights on the shooting, why did cheo kill all these students. Was it a result of bullying? This morning I heard about something that he was molested ( who ever did this to cheo is a faggit )

I dunno I have a liking of things like this I'm not crazy or anything Loll, its just seeing the place, the mosted hated place in my life in mayhem, hearing that those horrible piece of crap teachers dieing ( I have syhmpathy for the good teachers ) Seeing those bullying no life students running then the parents ask why there bullying sons of teachers were shot point blank, well obviously they haven't opened there small brain to the fact that there son or daughter was bellying, taunting some person to the point that they got shot. Even if they go to the principle councler that won't stop the problem from past experiences I know this maybe the school system is corrupted in this area ( the school system is already corrupted far enough and now this....... )

Please tell me your thoughts on this issue
04-19-2007 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: Lets Discuss The Vt Shooting ( this will be interesting

iFreshPrince Wrote:Well..... I'm new to this forum and just wanted to start this post to hear your insights on the shooting, why did cheo kill all these students. Was it a result of bullying? This morning I heard about something that he was molested ( who ever did this to cheo is a faggit )

I dunno I have a liking of things like this I'm not crazy or anything Loll, its just seeing the place, the mosted hated place in my life in mayhem, hearing that those horrible piece of crap teachers dieing ( I have syhmpathy for the good teachers ) Seeing those bullying no life students running then the parents ask why there bullying sons of teachers were shot point blank, well obviously they haven't opened there small brain to the fact that there son or daughter was bellying, taunting some person to the point that they got shot. Even if they go to the principle councler that won't stop the problem from past experiences I know this maybe the school system is corrupted in this area ( the school system is already corrupted far enough and now this....... )

Hmm I heard somewhere that the guy just killed them for no reason. Now on topic He might have been a beginner murderer. a B murder starts off by torturing animals just to get a feel of power and control then moves up to stalking people ( Mostly Women are targets) then they start murderering said target they were stalking and lo and behold a career of a phycopath is born.

Sounds stupid but hey.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-19-2007 03:06 AM
X Offline
Revolutionary

Heart of shadows Wrote:
iFreshPrince Wrote:Well..... I'm new to this forum and just wanted to start this post to hear your insights on the shooting, why did cheo kill all these students. Was it a result of bullying? This morning I heard about something that he was molested ( who ever did this to cheo is a faggit )

Hmm I heard somewhere that the guy just killed them for no reason. Now on topic He might have been a beginner murderer. a B murder starts off by torturing animals just to get a feel of power and control then moves up to stalking people ( Mostly Women are targets) then they start murderering said target they were stalking and lo and behold a career of a phycopath is born.

Sounds stupid but hey.
wow I never knew there was a beginner murder interesting kinda reminds me of texas chainsaw massacre the beginning. I could never think of ending a animals life for no reason. But I may have the feeling that I would like to kill someone for making fun me for no reason, they actually really deserve to be murdered in a brutal way by someone else, I don't want to end my life by going to prison there's to much in my ahead of my life that I'm looking forward too..
04-19-2007 04:46 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I was reading a book I got from the library and it described how people become murders and I guess some people get a thrill from it like you know it makes them feel like they got some sort of power over people. My dad and his friends used to torture and kill animals when they were kids but I think thats different. You know throw a dog in a bag throw the bag into a bathtub of water and watch it drown, throw a grasshopper into a jar full of ants and watch the ants devour it, get baseball bats and beat cats to death. Well maybe not so different.

Yeah man if I was going to jail I would just kill myself right there.

image hosting jpg
04-19-2007 04:56 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

i heard that at one point he was stalking women on campus, so maybe that theory is true. they also said he was antisocial to the point of mental disability; his roommate said he had never once talked to him even when he said hi. i'm sure anger had something to do with it, but i think its pretty obvious that some form of mental illness played a part in it.

my big question is this: he went into the dorm and shot a few people. then he LEFT and CAME BACK a while later and killed the rest. how the FUCK does that happen? is campus security really so imcompetant that they can't close down after some people got shot? and then not even look for the guy? and then LET HIM BACK IN without anyone seeing? those guards should be fired, my god...

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
04-19-2007 05:04 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

The problem was the lack of communication.
04-19-2007 05:13 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

that's probably true, but this wasn't just your ordinary "bullied kid has had enough" thing. he had some serious mental problems.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
04-19-2007 05:31 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I know this is off topic but anybody remember the columbine shooting that happened in 1995? Was that caused by bullying or something? Oh yeah I was reading yahoo and all he says is stuff about christians and rich kids Man hate is such a double bladed sword.

image hosting jpg
04-19-2007 09:14 AM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

i dont care what you people think. the dude was a fucking genius. the papers said he used bomb threats to check the police a security's reaction times and he did way better than the columbine kids while he had a nine and another handgun (I forget what) and they had a small arsenal
04-19-2007 09:38 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

yeah, his skill at it is what's most disturbing. and did you see that when he went back to his room he made a video where he was rambing about killing and posing with guns, and sent it to NBC? creepy...

04-19-2007 10:28 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:yeah, his skill at it is what's most disturbing. and did you see that when he went back to his room he made a video where he was rambing about killing and posing with guns, and sent it to NBC? creepy...
I think that it was said that the guy played Counter Strike....Another case of blaming video games, isn't it?

One of the staff at my school talked to us about it. She warned everybody to not mess with the quiet ones (like me), because you'll never know how much they are hurting, and what they will resort to. The bastards obviously didn't listen, because I'm still being messed with. They're pushing me, but I don't wanna do anything serious...

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
04-19-2007 12:25 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

my main enemy at school came up to me today and gave back the calculator he stole several days ago, saying that he "heard about Virginia Tech and didn't want to get shot by me." i'm glad he's leaving me alone, but that's still a little disturbing that people think that about me. it's always the quiet kids who take heat after these things.

so next time your parents say "school was worse in my day, shut up!" tell them that back then people threatened to beat a kid up after school. now nobody takes you seriously unless they think you're going to bring in a gun and mass-murder your classmates. that will shut them up, unfortunately.

04-19-2007 12:48 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:my main enemy at school came up to me today and gave back the calculator he stole several days ago, saying that he "heard about Virginia Tech and didn't want to get shot by me." i'm glad he's leaving me alone.
Why can't this happen to me? I want my enemies to leave me alone too.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
04-19-2007 01:27 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

so did i, but i was hoping for a different reason...

04-19-2007 08:52 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

My friend told me the guy used to write horror stories like I sometimes do in class and keep to myself and I started laughing for once out loud in class.

image hosting jpg
04-19-2007 10:09 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

The dude sounds pretty disturbed to me.

Anyone know of any cases of females shooting up a school? I don't recall ever reading about any.

The reason I ask is because I always played violent games, used to torture ants, drew pictures of people getting killed and mutilated, and stuff like that. I'd have been a prime suspect for a school shooter, except that I'm not male. So I don't know if that counts. But if not, why not? I fantasized about killing those annoying bully bastards all the time.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-19-2007 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
X Offline
Revolutionary

Yea I used to love to write to I mostly read though, I used to torture worms....... maybe cheo hated school just like us? Were was his parents? They did say that he took medicine for a disorder I believe. It was clear that he was socially deprived but the question is how did he get like that? It seems like he had that disorder that I heard about in a article I found here, it was about a boy that locked himself in the kitchen and didn't talk to anyone, skipped school everyday, and took showers 3 times a month!

There's something about cheos actions that just makes me feel that the school got what it asked for. I also found out that the shootings accured during the time the columbine shootings happened, he also made a video very similar to the kids at columbine.

Here's a question I would like everyone to think about: Its the school systems fault that these schools were shoot up by students ( columbine ) ( but not in cheos situation ) I bet columbine high didn't even "any" actions to stop the bullying that those students were enduring, Columbine high I'm sure didn't even take any actions to put the students in a better learning environment, like alternative learning. But what virginia tech have done?
04-20-2007 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Males do it more because they have more testosterone. Males and females can be just as hostile but males tend to be on the physical side. "Fuck mental revenge, just punch him in the face."
04-20-2007 02:25 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Well, just for bullying, I certainly don't believe they should be shot dead.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
04-20-2007 05:22 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Kirby Wrote:The problem was the lack of communication.

By this, what might you mean?
Do you mean that he shot them because there was a lack of communication?

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
04-20-2007 05:24 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

There was a lack of communication between the security people, which allowed him to get back in and shoot more people.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
04-20-2007 05:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

What SoulRiser said.
04-20-2007 05:31 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

anyway, here's my opinon or whatever.

This was the deadliest act of school violence since the bath school disaster in 1923.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

I really have not trusted the media with this incedent.
fox msnbc, abc news...they all said he as a chinese student ..blah blah.
Geraldo even made claims for the wrong person.

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player. ... mmates.cnn
His room mates describe him here.

04-20-2007 05:51 AM
X Offline
Revolutionary

The video they posted on the news this morning really showed some insight on why he was doing this. ( i like his uniform in the pictures so counter strike Razz ) But anyways he states that he is doing good to the future generation, this my insight on that statement he was KILLING ALL THE BULLIE YEAH!!!!!!!!! : Biggrin Biggrin but only i dont agree with the murder is you didnt have to kill the innocent big no no, he shouldve surrender instead of killing himself couldve told off all those bullies ignorant parents Mwahaha . This may be a sign that people are raising up against the bullies? Sooner or later all these ignorant prick bullie's that have no thought of what could happen to them if they continue bullying the way they do. Hopefully these bullies have realized the things that can happen to them. I bet you they would never bully me if i said i had a gun in my backpack and i will kill you point-blank ( i will never kill someone to much ahead of me to lose my life to prison )

You can watch his videos just google them, or theyll most likely be on the news sites
04-20-2007 01:06 PM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

About gaming: A correlation does not prove causation. Murderers are more likely to have played video games just as they are more likely to have purchased firearms, but this does not prove that purchasing firearms causes murder.

About Columbine: There's a lot of stuff on the internet about the Columbine shootings. I don't think Harris and Klebold were really full "bullies" in the sense we think of them. I don't think they were really bullied more than average; they just thought our society was stupid.

And, finally, motives for any school shooting. I mentioned not long ago that most crimes that students commit seem directed towards school or their parents. There are many times I've just thought that my entire situation was totally stupid and wished I could just somehow get out of it. What if you can't get out of it because your parents and teachers are really strict (or "good" as many people would say)? Even if you've decided to kill yourself, you probably still want to feel important. By shooting up your school and/or killing your parents, you hope to show people what happened to you and to get revenge.
04-20-2007 02:21 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

iFreshPrince Wrote:Sooner or later all these ignorant prick bullie's that have no thought of what could happen to them if they continue bullying the way they do. Hopefully these bullies have realized the things that can happen to them. I bet you they would never bully me if i said i had a gun in my backpack and i will kill you point-blank ( i will never kill someone to much ahead of me to lose my life to prison )

While it'd be nice to get them to stop, I wouldn't want people to NOT bully me just because they thought I'd kill them if they did. It should be that they actually don't want to annoy/hurt someone, not that they'll do as much as they can "get away with". So, the shootings might make bullies stop, but unless it somehow makes them realize how much they hurt people and then makes them geniunely want to stop, it won't be for the right reasons.

Hidden stuff:
04-21-2007 01:46 AM
Schooler Offline
Rebel

I think Chong was alienated and bullied.

There must be a reason why he got so mad that he killed a bunch of people and himself at last. He looked so mad and depressed in the video he made. There must be a good reason for that.

I've spent 10 years in school. This is my last year Wink
04-22-2007 10:38 PM
X Offline
Revolutionary

I wish i was there, i wish i knew cho. Know why because i would've talk to him constantly until he gave in ( i know that this is not suggested when someone is very quiet like him ) Are students that stupid to sit there and watch him reload? Were the stupid ignorant jocks were you need them uh? ( tough guys my ass ) Cho shouldnt have shot himself Noo if i were toshoot up my school i would like to live to tell the story Mwahaha
04-23-2007 06:22 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

unless they gave you the death penalty.

04-23-2007 08:05 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Schooler Wrote:I think Chong was alienated and bullied.

There must be a reason why he got so mad that he killed a bunch of people and himself at last. He looked so mad and depressed in the video he made. There must be a good reason for that.

He was in the state of mind that he was in becuse he did it to himself.
People tried to be friendly to him, but he blocked everyone out.

04-23-2007 09:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Once-active SS-user is now conventionally successful. Discuss. Will 8 4,472 04-19-2017 04:58 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Lets All Take a Vow of Silence SeReNiTY 3 1,963 02-26-2014 08:07 AM
Last Post: Ky
  Lets Get Started Now VERevolution 6 3,314 07-05-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: VERevolution
  Discuss this Quote CrayolaColours 9 2,154 10-27-2009 08:08 AM
Last Post: CrayolaColours
  Lets get with the program Almosthere 7 1,615 03-06-2008 06:15 AM
Last Post: Aya