RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranting and Raving.
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Psionicsavior Wrote:*waves hi to the rest of SS.net because I came back from the LD4all forums for a visit*

The only thing worse than a behaviour correction facility is a behaviour correction facility that is
A. Compulsory
B. Believed to be necessary by 99.9% of the population
C. Government-Funded
D. Can micromanage you down to when you can take a crap
E. Socially conditions people starting at the age of five to never question authority and become an obedient superorganism.

Omg God damn that is the biggest outrage to the planet since WWII!
You forgot

F. Bases your intelligence by grades.

And also:

G. Wastes 12 years of your life. Well, kinda. ya learn some important things in elementary, but after that it's a complete waste of time.

H.Creates insane amounts of stress based on grades.
04-28-2007 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Psionicsavior Wrote:*waves hi to the rest of SS.net because I came back from the LD4all forums for a visit*

The only thing worse than a behaviour correction facility is a behaviour correction facility that is
A. Compulsory
C. Government-Funded
E. Socially conditions people starting at the age of five to never question authority and become an obedient superorganism.

You forgot

And also:

G. Wastes 12 years of your life. Well, kinda. ya learn some important things in elementary, but after that it's a complete waste of time.

I.It makes sure that if you don't pass a grade, even if you had a good reason (couldn't focus, had low confidence), if you have parents that never listen (like mine), you will be stripped of your freedom for the summer by being forced to go to Summer Hell.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
04-30-2007 12:12 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

A. Compulsory
C. Government-Funded

You forgot

And also:

I.It makes sure that if you don't pass a grade, even if you had a good reason (couldn't focus, had low confidence), if you have parents that never listen (like mine), you will be stripped of your freedom for the summer by being forced to go to Summer Hell.

Dontcha love how they always manage to find a way to make a bad situation worse?
04-30-2007 12:18 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

A. Compulsory
C. Government-Funded

You forgot

And also:

Dontcha love how they always manage to find a way to make a bad situation worse?
Yeah, I really need the extra pain and suffering. Oh, I'd like to make the pain go away by cutting myself. Hell, I might even start with the wrists! With the major arteries and veins, If I kill myself, it'll make all the pain go away.

Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

04-30-2007 12:20 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Dark Soul X Wrote:If I kill myself, it'll make all the pain go away.

Along with any hope you might have of a happy life.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-01-2007 01:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

DSX' last post scared me.
Zero does not aprove.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
05-01-2007 02:05 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

*Remembers Zero's wrist phobia*
Oh....sorry...

05-01-2007 11:10 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Really? I thought you where serious! You had me scared for a sec!

Well, I try to not to think about school much anymore, it's my only way of not getting insanely pissed off by it.
05-01-2007 11:36 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

I wouldn't be serious until school makes me suicidal again. Hopefully, that time will nerver come.

05-02-2007 11:43 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

I wouldn't be serious until school makes me suicidal again. Hopefully, that time will nerver come.

Same here.

One more thing I hate about school: The repetition of it.

The make you do the same damned thing every week with no change. It doesn't really make a difference if you fake being sick, the next day will be exactly the same as it is every other day. The agonizing boredom will slowly rot your mind.

And also, you have no choice in any of this.

...And yet, they wonder why kids think this is pointless.
05-02-2007 12:20 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Same here.

The make you do the same damned thing every week with no change. It doesn't really make a difference if you fake being sick, the next day will be exactly the same as it is every other day. The agonizing boredom will slowly rot your mind.

It's because the people who agree with the schools are corrupted. They're eyes aren't (yet) opened to the evils of it. The Evil has them firmly in their grasp.

05-02-2007 12:25 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Same here.

It's because the people who agree with the schools are corrupted. They're eyes aren't (yet) opened to the evils of it. The Evil has them firmly in their grasp.

Most of the people I know at school are completely oblivious to their surroundings, stupidly content to be just doing the same stupid crap every day, without even thinking about how pointless it is.

School seems to have lowered their brains down to a sub-human level or something.

It's truly frightening to think that in a couple of years, people like this are going to be the majority, and more are being brainwashed every day.
05-02-2007 12:34 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Same here.

Most of the people I know at school are completely oblivious to their surroundings, stupidly content to be just doing the same stupid crap every day, without even thinking about how pointless it is.

School seems to have lowered their brains down to a sub-human level or something.

It's truly frightening to think that in a couple of years, people like this are going to be the majority, and more are being brainwashed every day.

It's a frightening thought. It's gonna pass on to the next generations unless everyone finally smartens up and stops it. I doubt that day will come, yet I hope it will.

05-02-2007 12:36 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Same here.

It's a frightening thought. It's gonna pass on to the next generations unless everyone finally smartens up and stops it. I doubt that day will come, yet I hope it will.

Holy fucking shit I am so glad I'm a member of SS. Probably the only place where people understand whats going on.
05-02-2007 12:39 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

That post was sarcasm.

Oh....sorry...

Same here.

Holy fucking shit I am so glad I'm a member of SS. Probably the only place where people understand whats going on.

There are people who agree with us, yet they have never heard of this site. Poor souls, they probably think that they are alone, but they aren't.

05-02-2007 12:50 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

God, yeah....they're out there. That gives me hope.
05-02-2007 12:55 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

TheATXKiller Wrote:God, yeah....they're out there. That gives me hope.
It gives us all hope, the hope that one day, the world will open its eyes to the evils of the school system and stop (or at least purify) it.

05-02-2007 01:01 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Dark Soul X Wrote:
It gives us all hope, the hope that one day, the world will open its eyes to the evils of the school system and stop (or at least purify) it.

I see things getting worse before they get better.
05-02-2007 01:09 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

I see things getting worse before they get better.
Maybe, but it's only a matter of time before they correct the school system.

05-03-2007 12:09 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Dark Soul X Wrote:There are people who agree with us, yet they have never heard of this site. Poor souls, they probably think that they are alone, but they aren't.

That's why we need to track as many of 'em down as we can, before they give up or something.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-04-2007 01:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:There are people who agree with us, yet they have never heard of this site. Poor souls, they probably think that they are alone, but they aren't.

That's why we need to track as many of 'em down as we can, before they give up or something.
We just need to find out who they are. A friend of mine (the one I said who tried to kill his parents) knows about this site (I told him), but he didn't join yet.

05-04-2007 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ranting on Tumblr with Arrogant People... Estelle 36 9,726 01-29-2014 09:05 AM
Last Post: Lime
  Some ranting Dirtbikemike 6 3,381 05-18-2012 03:03 PM
Last Post: ExpiredDough
  Ranting...and a few questions. aCol 5 1,881 02-16-2012 09:48 AM
Last Post: aCol
  ranting about school nanda 1 1,683 01-04-2012 03:45 PM
Last Post: Stadium
  me ranting about college and sucky job qualifications Prince Rilian 8 2,774 02-03-2011 03:22 PM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  Ranting, plans, and thoughts Ramzinator 4 1,906 04-02-2009 04:52 PM
Last Post: Ramzinator
  Ranting about my math teacher. Hanny's Old Account 23 4,523 02-05-2008 08:20 PM
Last Post: brontosaurusrox