RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: bush.. you decide
best president ever!
good
flat out average
bad
worst president ever!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bush.. good or bad poll
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)
bush.. good or bad poll

you decide (btw best/ worst pres ever does't necesarily mean THE best/worst just means either THE best/worst or 1 of the best/worst)back up wat u write if you dotn feel to lazy or just qoute the other genuises who ahd already posted

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-16-2007 07:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

since i created the poll i dont have 2 back up wat i say Biggrin yay! rules are merley curcumstantial muahahaha (i voted for worst ever)

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-16-2007 07:47 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

nixon was worse, IMO, so i'm not going to say he's the worst ever, yet he's so clearly bad.
06-16-2007 08:14 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Yah bush was bad, but I say Nixon was the worst. So my answer was the same as thunder.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
06-16-2007 08:29 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

i think he's the worst, and Nixon was the second worst. Nixon was bad and a hell of a lot smarter than Bush, but Bush has gotten away with scandals a lot worse than Watergate, including some that involved wiretaps. and although Nixon didn't exactly improve the situation in Vietnam, he didn't start the war. it's very close, but i'd have to say Bush was worse. but not by much.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
06-16-2007 10:26 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I like Bush....I dont approve of his discreation or the corruption in his actions but I dont find him to be a bad president.

~Economicly, the iraq war is allitle pricy but it realy is nothing to a moneymaker like the US. People say our economy is doing absolutly wretched because of Bush...I sorta think this is a joke considering it was Clinton who signed the bill that allowed US Companies to take their manufacturing oversea's (ouch) its not completely his fault.

~Militarily...We pwn

~National Security...I realy dont see how something as huge as the US territory can be completely protected from terrorists and hostile countries. Regan belived in "Peace through Strength" and Bush pretty much imitates his idiology. Everyone knows if you do something to America...your pretty fucked.

~Boring stuff...like medicare...medicade...social security....I think they truely are outdated systems...I mean Roosevelt made social security and Johnson made medicare and medicade...They realy need a huge revamp to fit the times. Bush hasent realy done anything about this, most likely because he realy doesent know how to fix it...hell probably dump it on the next president which is truely not uncommon...FDR was given a bill by congress to abolish segregation but it was to close to election time so he pretended as if it didnt exist and let it get dumped three presidents over till Kenedy was the first to actually make the push for the supreme court to rule segragation unconstituational.

~Foreign Policy....lets just look at the facts, half the world hates us for policeing the world...but we also are strong allies with all of them. The goverments of the other major powers all condemn us to the press and praise us behind the people's back. Everyone knows North Korea, Afganastan and Iraq/Iran needs to be delt with...who feels safe with people constantly threating to drop a bomb on their heads. Somone had to take care of it, and even the most anti-war person in the world would agree thatt one way or another somone would have to deal with them in some mannor of speaking, we just took the violent approach. Now if you look at our situation...we have 125,000 troops stationed in Iraq and nearly 50k in Afganistan, and still around 5k in North Korea, Saudi Arebai is actually protected by OUR troops from terrorists...we have a base of opporations that threatens all these militant groups around the world. No organized fighting is left against us, the insurgents fighting us are simply religous extremists brainwashed by the higher terrorist organiziations.

So what if Iraq is a mess, we were very wrong to try and impose democracy upon them, because the very words are a contradiction in themselves. But if you look at their situation ...they can curse us out as much as they damned well please but at the end of the day they cant survive without US aid...

So did Bush realy screw up?

~Corruption...I hate it...but I accept it...I belive all men with power are corrupt...The Bush administration had sooooo much corruption I could write pages and pages on it....but ill simply point out one tiny fact. To all you anti-war supporters, just realize that US cororations made a NET PROFIT of 750 billion dollars last year...when war is that profitable, it wont stop.

All in all I dont mind him as a president...hes better then Hoover and nowhere near as great as Regan...

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
06-16-2007 11:33 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:nixon was worse, IMO, so i'm not going to say he's the worst ever, yet he's so clearly bad.
did u not read what i wrote i wrote and i qoute (myself)
darthmat Wrote:(btw best/ worst pres ever does't necesarily mean THE best/worst just means either THE best/worst or 1 of the best/worst).
so taht really measn that pyro and youvebeenthuderstruck should have for voted for worst ever!

06-17-2007 12:01 PM
Fanatic

pfft. i read what you wrote, i just thought my choice was the right one (and still think so)
06-17-2007 12:02 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

k fine.. be a stubborn bitch! Laugh

06-17-2007 09:10 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I don't know if he's a bad president so much as...

I disagree with just about all of his decisions and I can't stand him. I think I'm in the majority though...which would imply that he doesn't do what the people want. Which is sort of the President's job. So he falls short. But I don't approve of major Bush bashing.

Let's do the time warp again!
06-18-2007 06:53 AM
Fanatic

i agree with happy
06-18-2007 06:54 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

i won't kill him(or is it a her) there it's 2 slopy... woops srry typing aloud again. anyways while ur opions are apreciated (PAH! yeh right i only apreciate my biased opinoins Biggrin JK) u will burn in hell for disagreeing with me he all powerfull Darthmat MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *wheze and cough multiple times* HAHAHAHAHA!

06-18-2007 11:54 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Bush= the distraction
He the one that takes the blame for the dumb shit other people do. He doesn't listen to what the American people want him to do. His views suck. And he should have never have been president.
He's about average. There have been worse presidents that made their own decisions.
But I can say the general government sucks a lot worse since he's been president. But I doubt the worst in history.
I find this funny, cause most of the people that voting don't know shit about anyother president then Bush, Bush SR., Nixon, Washington, and Lincoln.
Even then they only know key things, Washington- first president. Lincoln- freed hte slaves. Ect. ect.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
06-18-2007 02:55 PM
Tranquillity Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I find Bush rather abysmal.

He's social policies suck. Virtually funding creationism, and destroying actual sex education in America, can really have no positive effects on the new generations that are being raised.

The wall of Separation of Church and State is being slowly crushed, even though that was one of the explicit purposes of the 1st Amendment.

He's spied on his own people, and violated the 4th Amendment.

He's in an unjustified war that is taking innocent American and Iraqi lives each day.

He's slowly destroying the economy. Clinton had built it up to where the actual debt of the United States had been fixed, Bush put it on a fast-track to hell.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicade are all recently new systems. They are vital components to the US social programs.

Abysmal.
I want Clinton back. At least he had balls.
(and we know so, otherwise he'd still have an office.)

The god of man is a failure
Our fortress is burning against the grain of the shattered sky
Charred birds escape from the ruins and return as cascading blood
Dying bloodbirds pooling, feeding the flood
The god of man is a failure
And all of our shadows are ashes against the grain
06-18-2007 11:47 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Laugh
That was funny, and reinforced everything that a lot of people have said.

And when you say that the war is taking innocent Iraqi and American lives, its taking a bigger toll on innocent Iraqis for two reasons.
1. More people have dies.... lot more (I'm just saying since we officially went to war. If any retard says "YEAH WELL THEY BOMBED US AND KILLED 3,000 PEOPLZ!" Then I will rip their ass apart..... ok lemme explained. We bombed them first, they killed 3000 of us because we killed millions of them.... wait... It was Al Qaeda that bombed us, right? Dunno, confused. But still, we killed millions of middle-easterners, so they killed us.)
2. In Iraq right now, only American Soldiers have died.... any innocent Iraqi CIVILIANS.... and yeah, Iraqi military dudes too.

Ok, I was blabbering, I write this in about 2 minutes.... very fast, and yeah.... Blabbering. Is this even coherent?
Whatever, don't pay attention to me.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
06-19-2007 04:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  George Bush (forgot to make the last one a poll) ANAL_FROST!!! 32 12,624 03-17-2006 07:49 AM
Last Post: ANAL_FROST!!!