RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: What is your basic religious belief or lack thereof?
theism
agnosticism
atheism
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your basic religious belief or lack thereof?
FineClarity Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
What is your basic religious belief or lack thereof?

-
07-15-2007 06:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I have religious beliefs that can best be described without taking up multiple pages as Pantheist.

K
S
07-15-2007 06:23 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Most of the users are christian.
I think the second is atheists.
Then 1 Rastafarian Laugh
Gotta love the dreadocks....

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
07-15-2007 06:48 AM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Atheist for me. Cool
07-15-2007 06:53 AM
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Man, Pastafarian all the way.

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
07-15-2007 07:19 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Kinda/sorta/mostly atheist.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
07-15-2007 07:45 AM
FineClarity Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I am also an atheist.
07-15-2007 07:52 AM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

FineClarity Wrote:I am also an atheist.
Have you ever been to the infidel.org forums?
07-15-2007 08:00 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

LittleFreak14 Wrote:Most of the users are christian.

Now there's something I didn't know Laugh

I picked 'theist'. It's a weird looking word. But anyway... Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
07-15-2007 08:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

We had this poll before.
And I'm pretty sure Chisten won.
And then you had the other theist religions on there.
So most SS members are theists.
I think, well they were back then.

07-15-2007 09:02 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Im Christian, and my dad almost forced me to go to Hills Alive. Icky gospel singers Yuck :shudder:

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
07-15-2007 09:19 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

I know of two jewish people on this forum.. i am one. don't know if the other wants his/herslef exposed......

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
07-15-2007 11:27 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

who mwa? but of course! lol ok but sieriously, y wouldnt i? "im a jew and im proud and ill sing it out loud..." ok no. but really i dont care, maybe ppl, dont hav a good opinion of us cuz of all the extra stuff we put into our religion, i mean, steryotypically, i hate jews, but only cuz of all the extra customs and crap, judism isnt as complex as everyone thinks, or at least for me. god? ya ther is one i think, i mean, how can u explain sum htings? i guess i partly believe in one cuz of the fact that im into all that spiritual crap, but it is kinda fun (i dont only belive in it cuz of this, just saying one of the reasons) i mean i love the idea that thers morer to life than wat we see. i think that the most important discovery man can make, is that its imposible to discover everything. ok i hav lots of philosophy, but i wont fill ur heads with it, and if u think im weird for wat i said, good, i think im extreamly weird too Biggrin Evil

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
07-15-2007 12:02 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I'm an Old Time Missionary Baptist typed Christian.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-15-2007 12:16 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I'm a Christian, though admittidly not a good one. I can't remember the last time I went to church, I sin constantly, and have actually proclaimed myself God on several occassions. But....I still believe in God and Heaven even if I might not go there. Razz
07-16-2007 01:56 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I once went around proclaiming myself to be Jesus due to sleep deprivation. Heh, that was one fucking hilarious day.

K
S
07-16-2007 02:13 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

FightforRight Wrote:I once went around proclaiming myself to be Jesus due to sleep deprivation. Heh, that was one fucking hilarious day.

Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz Smile Biggrin Laugh Razz

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
07-16-2007 02:22 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

ditto to matt (i am just too bored and lazy to post all those fuking smilys) yes i agree, y CANT we all just get along?!?!?!?!
ok im gonna go dissapoint myself by watching blood and chocolate (anyone read the book? it totally rox, anyone watch the movie? if uv read the book, save yourself the extreme dissapointment, like all good books turned hollywood, they completely butchered it)

k, if this conversation goes anywhere (the religion one) then ill be bak l8r
ok maybe just a few..... Evil Biggrin Evil Biggrin Laugh Biggrin Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Smile Smile Smile Evil Evil Evil Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Laugh Laugh Evil Evil *smily overload, abort abort!!!* Evil Biggrin Laugh

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
07-16-2007 03:09 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

ok omg i just realized u put those quotes on ur sig, omg...just...omg...lol
hey maybe i'll steel one-can I?!? Evil Biggrin

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
07-16-2007 03:10 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Atheist! Biggrin
07-16-2007 07:25 AM
PIMP. Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Pyro Wrote:Im Christian, and my dad almost forced me to go to Hills Alive. Icky gospel singers Yuck :shudder:

Laugh Laugh yea...

Ive been to a few "Christian rock youth concerts" lol... i remember one they were selling glow sticks at the front of the church for 5 bucks each. We walk into the place and theirs like a sea of glowstick waving maniacs. My freind said "im going to go down the front to the mosh pitt do you wanna come?" And i was like "mosh pit? ummm... nah ill just hang back here, but you go have fun." Laugh yea dont have any christian freinds anymore for some strange reason.
07-16-2007 04:40 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Mormons scare me......

07-17-2007 03:47 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

That's nice.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-17-2007 07:37 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

No, its scary

07-17-2007 11:00 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Can't say I've ever had the pleasure of meeting a Mormon... Are they like people, just different? Can you eat them? Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
07-17-2007 08:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

they look like normal people in skinny black ties, but they're always so perky and nice, almost to the point of being scary. and the story of Joseph Smith is, i've gotta say, completely fucked up. and they're always trying to convert people; every mormon is required to do missionary work and give 10% of their income to the church.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
07-18-2007 02:52 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:and they're always trying to convert people; every mormon is required to do missionary work and give 10% of their income to the church.

Omg Wtf Yuck Jawdrop

07-18-2007 03:04 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Rebelnerd Wrote:and they're always trying to convert people; every mormon is required to do missionary work and give 10% of their income to the church.

no wonder they're scary Uhoh

Hidden stuff:
07-18-2007 03:12 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

lol, my relitives are mormon, i think they're distant, but my mom kinda keeps in touch, though i dont think i'll be visiting, lol isnt it wierd that im jewish and i have MORMAN relitives *shudder* you can hear over the phone how...happy my aunt (great aunt?) is. its really freaky, like theres a point where you can be just...TOO happy. Omg Jawdrop Jawdrop Grouphug

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
07-18-2007 04:10 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

So like one day i was walking past a church.. don't know wat sect.. and the priest was giving his sermon and i was like really lose to it becsue a cool shop was right next to it so whle i was looking in the window of the store i heard him (on teh microphone) say.. remeber if u comit yourslef to loving jesus christ and you abolish the temtations of the devil and you pay the church money jesus christ will open you with open ams when you have pased away... Wtf

07-18-2007 12:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm going through a belief crisis, can anyone help me? James Comey 4 2,760 05-22-2014 10:00 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Your fundamental belief of human nature. IamNoone 0 1,245 01-10-2013 12:19 PM
Last Post: IamNoone
  For the lack of a better title... Dirtbikemike 8 4,051 02-24-2012 06:19 AM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Lack of Community psychopath 6 2,937 03-26-2009 04:34 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser