RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, we're getting fucked harder then we thought
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Wow, we're getting fucked harder then we thought

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/0 ... erties.php

Quote:MICHAEL CHERTOFF, ABOVE THE LAW: Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff is on the brink of becoming the most powerful man in the country. This new bill gives him the authority to bypass Congress and the courts to waive any law – federal, state or local – that he wants while he's building a fence along U.S. borders. And there's no recourse; the legislation "shields the waiver decisions from court scrutiny" and also "strips courts of any power to order remedies for anyone harmed by the consequences of such decisions." This means child labor laws, civil rights laws and minimum wage requirements are all at risk. (For example, Chertoff could "give no-bid contracts for border construction to private companies and then shield those contractors from all employment discrimination and workplace safety laws.") It also exempts the DHS from all environmental laws, putting thousands of acres of national parks, forests and wildlife refuges at risk of serious damage.

Here's on of the very disturbing paragraphs.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
09-02-2007 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

i thought this country ran on the checks and balances, how could something like this EVER be allowed?

and man, its getting worse and worse livign here....

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-02-2007 10:09 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Ummm... courrption. People getting too much power, the government crossing its boundaries, the seperation of the government and the people, the government thinking its in charge and PEOPLE thinking its in charge.
Oh and mass ignorance by our might (apthetic and fucking lazy) culture.

Et cetera.

09-03-2007 12:52 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

oh. gatcha. Thumbsup

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-03-2007 12:58 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Wtf
But it's not law yet, right? So if people complain enough they might stop it.

Now if only more people knew about the damned thing.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-03-2007 01:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Soul, you've got a lot to learn about america. see, what you have to remember is that people here are retarded. as long as washington keeps up the media hysteria about illegal immigrants crossing the border and "taking yer' jobs!!!!" then people will be so caught up in the mob that they won't give a crap. seeing immigrants get chased down and caught at a huge desert wall by helicopters and border guards is more exciting than a dusty old debate on labor laws. after all, who cares about civil liberties when the dark armies of poor mexican families cleaning toilets for below minimun wage are massing at the gates?
[/rant]

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-03-2007 02:37 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

NICE RANT!!! :biggrin:

and it is unfortuantley true.....

09-03-2007 02:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

True that. But I've also heard of many cases of bills being reconsidered when enough people phoned and wrote letters to the people running the show...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-03-2007 03:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Well, like Rebelnerd said, people in America are ignorant and stupid. That's the bottom line. Not ALL of the people, everyone who goes onto SS from America is obviously an example of that. But the vast majority of people are brainwashed, mindless sheep who don't think. So, unfortunately, I doubt the bill will be reconsidered.
09-03-2007 04:23 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Hmmm..... I live in wisconson..... the idiot senator that proposed the bill..... live in wisconsin.... Evil

Now, wheres his address?

09-03-2007 12:23 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

http://phone.people.yahoo.com/py/psPhon ... ess+Search

K
S
09-03-2007 01:02 PM
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

The problem with checks and balances is the only real checks and balances for the people is freedom of speech, and thats dwindled enough to where all branches of government can be corrupt.
09-03-2007 01:17 PM
whispers Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

How can that happen? It goes against everything America (in the idealist sense) stands for! We're learning about the French revolution in History (it would be fascinating had the teacher made us do something other than read the textbook), and I cannot believe how corrupt a government can be! It's happened for ages and ages.

But maybe we should hope this goes to far. Because then, America will eventually be forced to look at the problem, and people will revolt. That's how things have to be done. In order to overthrow a government, people have to be willing to take a stand, and most people will only take a stand if things get really bad. We should pray for America to become as corrupt as possible, so it will bring about its own demise.

This is why I am pro education. If things were how we'd like it, things wouldn't have to get this bad for people to revolt. Instead, if everyone was appropriatly educated instead of brainwashed from an early age, they would see it comming, and take it down before it got too bad.

At this point, we can only hope for the American government to implode on itself. France fell, Brittan fell, Rome fell. America, like any great empire, will fall. And will balance be restored? Possibly. But we have to do something. Start spreading knowledge now, and people will learn.

.ANTI SCHOOL.PRO EDUCATION.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everybody would be a vegitarian".
10-03-2007 12:46 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

its time like these im glad im not american but i fear for you peoples safety and the saftey of surrounding nations
10-03-2007 12:58 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Oh, goddamnit, that's all I can say....goddamnit.
10-03-2007 01:08 PM