RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dream Topic
Oceanfall Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I've always had this one recurring dream that's been haunting me since I was five years old (and yes, I can still remember my vivid dreams from back then). It usually occurs in especially chaotic points of my life, when some sort of tragedy has occurred, or some life changing event.
Anyway, the beginning is always different, when I was younger it used to go like this:

I am standing in the backyard of my old house in Japan, which is situated on a cliff, overlooking a busy highway. My younger sister is playing there, and I go towards her, in order to join her in her game. As I come closer, she starts laughing and running away from me, towards the cliff precipice. I start shouting at her to come back, but she keeps running and laughing, and I start running towards her, in order to stop her reaching the edge, but my movements are in slow motion, and as I shout one final time, she slips, and falls of the edge. I have no control over my movements now, and the dream forces me to go to the edge, and I look over. The last thing I see is her small broken body just before a truck drives over and blocks the scene.

When I was older, the beginning changed to this instead:

I am in a foggy, grey, hazy parking lot. I can't see anything else but grey, due to the suffocating mist that surrounds me. Suddenly I hear voices coming from somewhere nearby. I recognise the voices as belonging to my parents, and they are fighting and shouting at each other. I go towards the voices, which seem to be coming from all around me, and I can feel the intensity of their anger increasing. Suddenly I see two dark, shadowy figures about five metres in front of me. I know they're my parents, though I cannot recognise who is whom. The shouting just gets worse and worse, and suddenly one of the figures rushes towards the other, and I see the flashing glint of something metallic (which I assume is a knife), and suddenly one of the figures lies motionless on the ground, in a large pool of bright red liquid. The scene then changes, and I see the flashing lights of an ambulance, as two paramedics are covering the figure with a black sheet. There is also a police car to the left of me, but I cannot turn my head, or move, or shout, as the paramedics lift the body into the ambulance and drive away into the grey mist.

I've had two more strange beginnings like this, one of them involved the apocalypse followed by the rebirth of our world, and the other was just strange, with a whole bunch of cryptic messages (Such as my crush saying "you can't go there yet, its not number seventeen" as I approached a computer, and then going on to tell me how my sister was "the heart, the blood", how I was "the brain, the mind", and how she was "the attraction" and something else I can't remember). All of them eventually lead to this one recurring scene:

I am in a dark, lonely city, and it is raining black rain. I approach the entrance to an underground parking lot, and descend down into its cavernous depths. I suddenly find myself in a maze of graffiti covered, concrete corridors. The graffiti seems to be made up of mostly numbers and strange symbols. I start running through the maze, panicking, as I feel something is right behind me, following. There is a strange blue light glowing everywhere, which barely lights up the walls around me. This strange nostalgic, haunting melody keeps playing over and over in the background. I run, and run and feel the entity closing up on me. The maze twists and turns and all of a sudden I find myself at a dead end. I look up at the big concrete wall in front of me and see a word edged out on it. For some reason I cannot read the word, and it keeps changing, so sometimes it looks as if it says "Murder" or "Murderer" and sometimes it looks like something else altogether. I know the entity is standing right behind me now, but I'm too scared to turn around and face it. The music picks up, and plays louder, and usually at this point I wake up suddenly.

The scary thing is that the music still seems to be playing after I have woken up, and it takes several minutes before it fades away completely. I have never been able to place the tune, but it seems so familiar it is almost painful, and I know it is very sad, and that I have heard it before outside my dreams. The dream is so vivid that no matter how much time has passed since I last had it, I can still remember it perfectly, and the melody that comes with it is always on the very edge of my mind, but I can't remember it perfectly unless I hear it again.

I even wrote a poem about this dream... because it just keeps haunting me.

I am honoured by your hatred.
12-05-2007 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Wtf

That's just seriously freaky. How often do you dream it?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-06-2007 12:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oceanfall Offline
Rebel

Every few years there is a period of time where this same dream repeats over and over... it can be as long as several months, or less than a week. Like I said, the only thing that ties its reappearance together seems to be some dramatic event in my life, extreme anxiety, depression, stress or a turning point. What brought it strongly to my mind was that I recently started having the dream again after my uncle's suicide and my mother's hospitalisation. It doesn't occur every night, but when it does, it stays for days at a time and creeps me out to the point where I have trouble going to sleep at night. The last time I had this dream recurring was two years ago, and now its back.

I am honoured by your hatred.
12-06-2007 05:14 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

wahw, thats pretty amazing, i mean, its pretty bad, but that has a lot of meaning, i dont think your foreseeing doom or anything, it could be as simple as the fact that your dreams prove that your worst fears are the deaths of your family members, or sumthing...wierd...

"i had one a few nights ago where i was babysitting some kids in this creepy dark house, and they all went Lord of the Flies on my ass: taking off their shirts, war paint, bows and arrows. i had a bow too, but i didn't want to shoot them and was trapped in a little alcove in the wall with them on the stairs shooting at me. finally i shot back and hit one, and i think he died and i felt horrible. but at the moment i just wanted to survive. it sounds stupid but it was a really intense dream." ---yeah, well iv acually lived through basically that, so consider urself lucky (not the shooting them part, but at the time i dont think i wudv minded so much) Uhoh Uhoh Uhoh

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-13-2008 03:47 PM
amizon Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I've always had a tendency to have some SERIOUSLY messed up dreams. I used to have this one when I was FOUR YEARS OLD that the devil (spirit form, not like red with horns) was following my family across the country on the road trip, and for some reason I couldn't say anything to any one about my concerns, but the whole way we are plagued by random misfortune (our car broke down and then when we were out of it suddenly it rolled down the whole mountain we were on for example) and then we finally get to this house with this dog outside possessed my one of the devil's minions, and my fam cant see that so they're all petting it, and then we get inside and my mom eats this chocolate that enables her to be possessed by the devil. Her eyes go red and then I'd always wake up. I had this dream night after night for weeks.

Also much more recently, in the past year sometime I had a dream that I was I serial killer. And murdered people in really gruesome ways like you'd see in a horror movie (not that I even watch them). Except in my dream I was this guy. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462116/ .. Needless to say I about puked when I woke up.

I've had even more (in number, not severity thankfully) messed up dreams but yeah just to give you an example. Though that one was the only one where I hurt others. They're always really, really, intense too, like not just a normal weird dream that you forget about in an hour but the kind that plays in the back of your mind for days. :(

katie///amizon
its snaky acids kiss
it petrifies the will
these are the isolate, slow faults
that kill, that kill, that kill

Elm - Sylvia Plath
01-13-2008 05:11 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I had a dream where I had sex.

K
S
01-13-2008 09:28 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

The scariest dream I ever had was when I murdered someone, with Sith Lighting. (STFU)

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-13-2008 11:17 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

lol matt

a dream about sex.....okey dokes, thats wierd Wtf

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
01-14-2008 02:01 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Not really

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-14-2008 02:12 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Luckily I managed to avoid the wet part.

K
S
01-14-2008 04:01 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Thank god.

Well, knowing you, you get the wet out when you want to. Wink

01-14-2008 04:09 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Anyone ever have one of those dreams where your naked in public? I have. They're weird.

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
01-14-2008 04:44 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

darthmat Wrote:Thank god.

Well, knowing you, you get the wet out when you want to. Wink
Exactly.

K
S
01-14-2008 05:06 AM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

christillusion Wrote:Anyone ever have one of those dreams where your naked in public? I have. They're weird.

I had one once.

I had no weeny. Uhoh
01-14-2008 05:22 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

ok matt, thanx alot, now i hav to erase my history so my parents dont get worried!

naked dreams? i had one once, but everyone was naked (no one i know!) and no one seemed to care, so was just lie "ok then...cool" (lol matt, nudist colony) Razz

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
01-14-2008 09:50 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I had a terrible dream last night, you might not want to read it if you're eating.

In the dream I was really sick, and my flesh was slowly melting, and I went in the bathroom, and looked at the mirror, and I was trying to get something out of my eye, when I touched my eyelid, the skin collapsed into my eye socket and my eye fell out in my hand. It was all nasty and yellow from the disease. I was so horrified, I was speechless. I walked out into a hallway full of doctors, apparently I was in a hospital, and they where all saying "Good morning" to me like nothing was wrong.

Damn, it was freaky!
01-14-2008 09:57 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

holy crap, thats twilight zone material Uhoh Uhoh Uhoh

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
01-14-2008 10:11 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i had a day dream of rapeing/ murdering somebody then comitting suicide in math class today, does that count?

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-23-2008 09:10 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Scary Dream

I don't remember much of it, but basically, when my school was on a trip, and for some reason, I murdered people (I don't know who) there. There was a court at that place, and I was losing. After being sent away from the first part of the trial I was beat up so bad that I collapsed.

I remember running away but they caught me.

That's it.

01-25-2008 10:56 PM
brontosaurusrox Offline
Renegade

i had a dream that i was toto (the dog from the wizard of oz) it was a little creepy!!!!!!!!!!! Sad :( :( :( :( :(

hi im Bronte plz give me good answers!!!PLZ?!
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
('')_(''
02-05-2008 08:28 PM
brontosaurusrox Offline
Renegade

i also hav a dream when i was a municheken from the wizard of oz that was more creepy then wen i woke up i cudent stop singing follow the yellow brick road awkward!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi im Bronte plz give me good answers!!!PLZ?!
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
('')_(''
02-05-2008 08:30 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

i had a dream i brought a gun to wal mart and started killing people, but i while was instant messaging a freind inside my head.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
02-05-2008 08:31 PM
fragile_esteem Offline
Renegade

Re: The Dream Topic

I had a dream which involved my little sister -who is 3- wearing a bigger sized voile skirt than me. I was so happy, and then I woke up damn it.

[Image: angel.png]
02-11-2008 02:20 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

i had a dream about guns again, i need to bug mums bf to let me go shooting so i can vent this shit

02-11-2008 07:56 AM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Most of my dreams make no sense.
There was no real beginning to it. I was in my grandma's house, feeling extremely paranoid that something evil was there, then a plug became possessed and bit me somehow. After that I was hanging on to this rope over a lake with a few other people (I think it was supposed to a contest or something).I let go and everything went black, I couldn't tell in which direction I was swimming or anything, and I guess I drowned.
02-11-2008 08:03 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

i had a mix of dreams, dad was a operatior on the tram for sandia park(longest tramline in the world) and he went to fast and hit the breaks, i freakd out. then i was at school hitting on this girl, and she liked me and she sent notes back, then i was in a dysny movie.

02-12-2008 03:35 AM
Double Offline
Revolutionary

Best and worst dreams I've had simoultaneously are those where I suddenly find myself flying up in the air and then falling closer to the ground every second, somehow, I always land in a tree, lol. And it feels great, I just know that the tree's gonna kill me. But just as I land in the tree, it's really soft (feels like the bed) and I keep sleeping. Nice dream although I'm always scared. Biggrin

I've had lots of whacky dreams about the end of the world lately too. lol.

But one I remember well also, is when there was a rollercoaster outside my old school, and some angels were operating it, and you could go to heaven if you wanted Razz god damn.
02-12-2008 06:55 PM
Hanny's Old Account Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Most of my good dreams turn bad in the end.

Once. I dreamt I died. This was the nice part, as it was a peaceful death. and I was waiting for an elevator to take me to heaven, and there was the most beautiful music playing in the background. I boarded my elevator, say goodbye to my random hamster friend, and boarded the lift. The second the doors shut the music cut out, and I knew I needed Floor Three, but there were three '3' butons. I pressed the wrong one, and then a side door opened. I walked out into a random corridor, and turned to my left wherre a random screaming dead
lady woke me up.

And then there was the time a naked Ken doll beat me up.

And the time a zombie came through my letterbox.

and then this song called 'Hall Of The Mountain King' got played to my parents who from that moment on hated me, inflated me like a balloon and sent me out of the house. >_< (I was only little)

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
but I got him where I want him now...

[Image: Chiisu.png]
My brother who has problems with grammar in the middle of words Wrote:M0nkeynut5 says (14:20):
Well - yeah In am hot. Obviously. Your lovely an al;l but I have the better genes and I'm roasting hot!
02-18-2008 07:34 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Hall of the Mountain King is nice. Techno remix is fucking great.

K
S
02-18-2008 08:23 AM
Cory Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I love reading other peoples' dreams. It's really quite interesting.

...When I was five or six, I had a reaccuring dream (Maybe three or four times) of me taking a shit and then throwing it on my mom while she was on the shower...

Now that I think about it, I also once had a dream where I took a crap so big, it lifted me out of the toilet about 200 feet in the air... Woah. o.o

<&Darthmat> Cory, you ecxell me in phpBB3, I will mail you a dollar.
02-18-2008 09:14 AM