RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Starts tomorrow
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
School Starts tomorrow

this summer went by so fucking quick! i mean i just got out of summer school i doubt i can handle the real thing. i dont even know my classes so im not sure what ill have to deal with yet but theres no way it can really be good. i dont know what it is its just this weird feeling like impending doom or something almost. one of the worst parts is that i ahve to get up at 5:45 when ive been waking up at one everyday since i got out of summerschool. i dont know maybe im over reacting but no good can come out of school at this point and i just kinda need somewhere to vent.

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and dont forget the "violence"

" I think. I remember going to sleep that night and being disgusted at the feeling of my own heart beating. Let me see if I can find that site again."
09-04-2007 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hayley44 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

ughh you have to get up at 5:45? and I though I had it bad... summerschool shouldn't even exist. It should be against the law to have school during break; that's why it's called "break". school's probably gonna suck no matter what, but I hope it gets better for you this year.
09-04-2007 01:24 PM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Yeah man I have to wake up at like 6 to 6:30.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
09-04-2007 01:34 PM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

man, making you wake up a 5:45 is just cruel. just because adults don't need as much sleep, doesn't mean we don't. i'm not even alive at that time, let alone up and ready to suffer through a day of school.

i assume you live in canada right? well me too and i'm looking forward to school tomarrow at all. i hope it isn't too shitty for you.
09-04-2007 01:36 PM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

last year, I was so tired most of the day, I could easily sleep in any of my classes. I got in trouble because of it any times and my grades suffered but for god's sake, 7:30 and I have to be on time? The working world doesn't even start that early. 9 to 5 sounds easy compared to this shit.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
09-04-2007 01:41 PM
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

thoughtmaker Wrote:man, making you wake up a 5:45 is just cruel. just because adults don't need as much sleep, doesn't mean we don't. i'm not even alive at that time, let alone up and ready to suffer through a day of school.

i assume you live in canada right? well me too and i'm looking forward to school tomarrow at all. i hope it isn't too shitty for you.

nope i live in Virginia

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and dont forget the "violence"

" I think. I remember going to sleep that night and being disgusted at the feeling of my own heart beating. Let me see if I can find that site again."
09-04-2007 08:18 PM
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

alright in about to go in about 15 minutes and the stress is insane. its like knowing that theres something wrong but you cant do anything about it. i diddnt get any sleep last night literily so when i woke up i walked over tot he gas station and got like 3 cans of redbull now i just look like a meth addict rather than a student.... i keep telling myself that it cant be that bad but then i just remember everything that happend last year and there way more bad stuff than good stuff, especialy because all of my friends are going to highschool and im still in fucking middle school. i have no friends this year none that i really like anyway theres this one girl whos fucking obsessed with me and calls like 18 times a day then theres this kid who i call marshmallow whos okay but hes really boring and this other kid who has wicked ADHD and dosnt shut up. the only one who i actuly like is marshmallow but its just not the same as my other friends who ill probably lose this year and heres nothing i can do about it. ok that got really off topic but ive been wanting to say that for awhile and never really got the chance Razz

09-04-2007 08:48 PM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

american jesus Wrote:alright in about to go in about 15 minutes and the stress is insane. its like knowing that theres something wrong but you cant do anything about it. i diddnt get any sleep last night literily so when i woke up i walked over tot he gas station and got like 3 cans of redbull now i just look like a meth addict rather than a student.... i keep telling myself that it cant be that bad but then i just remember everything that happend last year and there way more bad stuff than good stuff, especialy because all of my friends are going to highschool and im still in fucking middle school. i have no friends this year none that i really like anyway theres this one girl whos fucking obsessed with me and calls like 18 times a day then theres this kid who i call marshmallow whos okay but hes really boring and this other kid who has wicked ADHD and dosnt shut up. the only one who i actuly like is marshmallow but its just not the same as my other friends who ill probably lose this year and heres nothing i can do about it. ok that got really off topic but ive been wanting to say that for awhile and never really got the chance Razz
Oh my sounds like me. I did not get to sleep until 2 am last night. I just was not tired. I laid there, thinking, god not another year, not again, I never want to be at school at 7:30 ever again, god please help me.

I know how it feels. I know how it feels to have those kids all around you that you never want to see again and things would just be fine if you stayed in bed and went somewhere else. Mother of god please watch over me today.

I think this week might be a deal breaker for me. Last week, my therapist told me that if things did not work out this year, he would make sure we found something that worked for me, some place where I would be ok.

I leave in about 20 minutes. I will see you guys later. The word escape is once again a very prominant thought in my mind. Let's just get the fuck out of here and never look back.

09-04-2007 11:49 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Sheesh... good luck guys... I'm sooo glad I don't have to go anymore. Work isn't anywhere near as bad as school...
Grouphug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-05-2007 04:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

alright im back and it is just as bad as i thought it would be.

im in band which sucks because im a self tought drummer so i dont know how to read music. most of my teachers just happen to be the evil sadistic ones that my friends warned me about and like i said i have hardly any friends.... its just so stupid 10 weeks isnt nearly enough time off to be ready to go back to school.

the only good hting that has happend today was during english a kid who i hate (and he hates me back ) asked something that was frankly a stupid question so some kids laughed at him when he asked it and the teacher was all "now class there arent any stupid questions" and after that i said "yeah just stupid people" and abunch of other kids laughed and even the teacher held in alittle laughter i think (maybe he is human after all!) so that was really the only good part of the first day. lets just hope tomorrow wont be as bad

09-05-2007 12:42 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Don't go, if they force you stand up for your rights peacefully...
09-05-2007 12:46 PM
délivrance Offline
Renegade

my biggest problem so far at school (other than the homework of course) is probably the lack of friends. being a lone wolf isn't nearly as cool as it sounds Razz

BOOM, HEADSHOT! -FPS_Doug
09-05-2007 12:47 PM
Rebel Offline
Rebel

My summer sucked like hell.I had to work on like 1000+ math questions wasting my beautiful summer only to find out that the teacher forogt about the homework and she said that was only pratice.WTF!!!!!!!!
09-05-2007 12:47 PM
Rebel Offline
Rebel

yea that really suck Cuckoo
09-05-2007 12:48 PM
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

délivrance Wrote:my biggest problem so far at school (other than the homework of course) is probably the lack of friends. being a lone wolf isn't nearly as cool as it sounds Razz

soooooo true all of my friends are in highschool and im still stuck in middle chool because i failed 7th grade

09-05-2007 01:09 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Anti Wrote:My summer sucked like hell.I had to work on like 1000+ math questions wasting my beautiful summer only to find out that the teacher forogt about the homework and she said that was only pratice.WTF!!!!!!!!

Brickwall
That really sucks.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-06-2007 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Anti Wrote:My summer sucked like hell.I had to work on like 1000+ math questions wasting my beautiful summer only to find out that the teacher forogt about the homework and she said that was only pratice.WTF!!!!!!!!
That used to happen to me all the time when I actually worked and got perfect grades.
09-06-2007 03:43 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

I used to do my summer homework (forced to)... until i (they) fianlly relized al the school di was give me a prize from a box full of cheap 25 cents yo-yo's and slinkys etc.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-06-2007 06:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School says "If I'm not in school tomorrow, I might as well not come back." KFC Nyan Cat 4 4,214 09-18-2013 05:56 AM
Last Post: EntityCubed
  Tomorrow it's pro school student day! LiptomaticMate 11 5,442 11-10-2012 11:26 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  nervous about trying to leave school tomorrow shadow4586 11 6,961 06-04-2012 12:42 AM
Last Post: 4r4b7
  My school starts tomorrow Luizao876 7 3,639 01-30-2012 07:37 AM
Last Post: aCol
  School starts in three hours and I'm still awake / ACT prep rant Sharpie 27 10,483 01-05-2012 09:55 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  School starts once again tommorow Elfy 46 18,241 05-12-2011 10:35 AM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  School Starts Tomorrow John Tuttle 35 7,648 09-01-2009 09:23 AM
Last Post: classclown
  School is closed tomorrow!!! mudkip liek 32 7,975 01-19-2009 06:55 AM
Last Post: Thought Criminal
  I'm going to be a huge target at school tomorrow Milk2Go 22 6,888 12-19-2008 03:26 AM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  School starts today :( Specter 7 2,272 09-09-2008 10:42 PM
Last Post: Specter