RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The school violence thread
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
The school violence thread

Well, since Columbine, there's been a shitload of school violence reports on the news (Dawson, VT etc.), so i've decided to make a thread about it.

Do NOT EVEN THINK about posting a plan to shoot up your school, just don't. Mkay?

Anyway, just discuss school violence, what it has done to the world, reasons for violence etc.
Also, if there has been some violence at your school, feel free to talk about it also.

woah dude
dude woah
09-18-2007 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

when i was at camp a few years ago, i met a girl who went to school not far from my town, just across the hudson. and that school year a kid had brought a shotgun into school and hidden it in his locker. he pulled it out during classes while the halls were empty, and was getting ready to kill when a teacher saw him. he fired but they managed to get the gun and nobody was killed. still, i could tell that it had really freaked her out, and during a camp meeting where we talk about personal stuff she said she had heard the blast, and her worst fear was "shootings."

however, as bad as i feel for her, what else can i say but that people's fear of school violence has pretty much completely fucked up my life at this point. it's the same old story, something terrible happens that was perpetrated by a certain group of people, so anyone who is even close to being one of them gets faced with predjudice and fear. it happened to american muslims after 9/11, and it happened to rebellious students after columbine. people get crazy, they get paranoid, and they want to feel like they're making progress. this opens the door for PATRIOT ACT/Zero Tolerance rules and all the associated Constitution-shredding, and nobody cares. and once you get branded "suspicious," it never goes away. i know that from experiance. and the most cruel and ironic thing about that is that the fear of a suspect itself can be what eventually drives them to commit violence, when they never would have origionally. now my parents make me go in to see a shrink every few weeks, and i've heard of girls telling rumors behind my back that i was "crazy" and going to "bring in a gun and kill everybody." it really, really sucks, and i'm sure it's happening all over the country and the world.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-18-2007 08:03 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

rebelnerd was the first to reply ot this thread..... *enitre earth dies of shock*

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-18-2007 08:05 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

yeah yeah, you're a fucking comic genius. now why don't you post something useful before i kill you all.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
09-18-2007 08:07 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

In my school there have been multiple garbage can fires, no real damage though. one happened to day.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-18-2007 08:08 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

there have been four bomb threats at our district over the past four years, plus i remember one from kindergarten. that's a solid 5, beeotch! i've got the tally mark on my backpack and everything!

09-18-2007 08:17 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

You better stop replying to this thread or else I'm coming over and killing all your pets.
09-18-2007 08:20 AM
 Thanks given by: Smudge
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

freedom of speech, yo. and my dog could kick your ass.

here's a better idea: let's all stop threatening to kill each other outside of underground? eh?

09-18-2007 08:23 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

You know I don't mean it, you big lug.

And in the case of murder Mwahaha , I don't even know where you live.
09-18-2007 08:26 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I agree with rebel.

And dogs are annoying and idiotic.
09-18-2007 08:27 AM
returnal Away

Rebelnerd Wrote:there have been four bomb threats at our district over the past four years, plus i remember one from kindergarten. that's a solid 5, beeotch! i've got the tally mark on my backpack and everything!
Ouch.

There hasn't been any threats or so at any of the schools i've gone to. There has been some punches and kicks thrown, and this one dude in 3rd grade got his eye hurt pretty bad. Eh.

woah dude
dude woah
09-18-2007 09:17 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Among many reasons, one of the more "basic" reasons, I think, for school violence (on a terrorism level) is that people are forced and/or pressured to go to school, a place they obviously don't want to go. When they get to school, they're only faced with more shit. And there's only so much shit that somebody can take. That makes people do shit like that.

Also, revenge, of course. It isn't enough to just transfer schools or to drop out or get homeschooled. I can tell you from personal experience (no, I did not bring a gun to school) that IT SIMPLY ISN'T ENOUGH! Revenge must be dealt. And I must be truthful, I don't feel sorry for people who bully people day in and day out and then turn around to see death staring them in the face. I'm sorry, I just don't. However, it is a shame, a DAMNED SHAME, when people who don't deserve it get shit-sticked.
09-18-2007 09:40 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

People thought that there were gunshots at my school two years ago but it was construction across the road.

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
09-18-2007 10:10 AM
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

kids at my school light the bathroom walls (and sometimes even more) on fire almost every month. abunch of kids have brought knives to school and there was a gun or two i think.

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and dont forget the "violence"

" I think. I remember going to sleep that night and being disgusted at the feeling of my own heart beating. Let me see if I can find that site again."
09-18-2007 10:50 AM
 Thanks given by: L0KI
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

I have a few people here and there talk about me planning to kill people because I don't care for people.
But I don't own a gun. All I own are a hunting knife and brass knuckles.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-18-2007 10:55 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

not that i condone school killings (or any killings for that matter) but i know why and understand what really puts them over the edge so that they kill people. they simply just don't give a shit anymore. they're sick of living in a fucked up world, and since they're leaving it, they don't see any reason not to take people with them. in their minds, they can do whatever they like without any repercussions.

they're suicidal people who want to go out with a bang. they don't see any point to being alive and they just don't give a fuck.

the thing that really gets me is that people blame music, games and tv, when they don't bother to look at the kind of person they were or what they had become before the shooting. the helpless feeling of not being in control of their own lives (school and other things) transformed them into extremely lonely and unfeeling people.

but of course, no one takes a look at their system as the problem, because changes to a system are hard. changes to video game ratings are much easier, but not effective.
09-18-2007 02:43 PM
 Thanks given by: L0KI
bearclawx Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

When i was in middle school i heard about a fight that was going to happen between two actual social groups in the school. Jocks and stoners. I found out it was true when i saw 80 people leave the building at once and talking about the fight. Unforntantly the vice principal found out and stopped it.Damit i really wanted to see 80 people kick the shit out of eachother.

Sometimes i wonder if it is the education system itself that is flawed or the people that work in it.
09-19-2007 04:17 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

yep nothing's better than watching a bunch of idiots beat the crap out of each other.
09-19-2007 04:26 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

thoughtmaker Wrote:yep nothing's better than watching a bunch of idiots beat the crap out of each other.
True that.

image hosting jpg
09-19-2007 07:13 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

A freshman last year claimed she saw a guy with with a gun in his car, and that he scattered with the crowd when they started to freak out. That sent school's in the area to lockdown for a couple of hours. It was hectic, but in the end, it turned out her calim was flase, and she got suspended or some harsh punishment. Then, another time, a cluster of smoke bombs went off in a locker, filling the whole second story with smoke. Everyone evacuated to the civic center. Nothing happened that time either. The only loss was a couple of lockers.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-19-2007 07:31 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i met a kid at camp who told me that this asshole bitch girl he knew at school started a rumor that he was going to bring in a gun, and he got tackled by security and interrogated for hours before they realized it was a false alarm. the thing is, she was also at that camp. much awkwardness ensued. but fuck her, anyone who does that to a kid deserves to burn in hell.

09-19-2007 09:57 AM
goodusername Offline
Revolutionary

Rebelnerd Wrote:i met a kid at camp who told me that this asshole bitch girl he knew at school started a rumor that he was going to bring in a gun, and he got tackled by security and interrogated for hours before they realized it was a false alarm. the thing is, she was also at that camp. much awkwardness ensued. but fuck her, anyone who does that to a kid deserves to burn in hell.

thats fucked up

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and dont forget the "violence"

" I think. I remember going to sleep that night and being disgusted at the feeling of my own heart beating. Let me see if I can find that site again."
09-19-2007 11:05 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:i met a kid at camp who told me that this asshole bitch girl he knew at school started a rumor that he was going to bring in a gun, and he got tackled by security and interrogated for hours before they realized it was a false alarm. the thing is, she was also at that camp. much awkwardness ensued. but fuck her, anyone who does that to a kid deserves to burn in hell.

She deserves to burn while she gets the shit beat out of her. Somebody called the unknown hotline and did it to this guy at my school and the police tore his house apart looking for weapons. Found out the guy who called wanted revenge for something stupid.

image hosting jpg
09-19-2007 11:45 AM
MadcapINTJ Offline
Rebel

Has anyone seen the movies "Elephant" or "Zero Day"? The fact that movies are being made about these things now...man. "Zero Day" is a movie I can't help but being fascinated by, since it's proof that without things such as schools existing, the two main characters really would be normal, happy kids. Maybe a little off-beat, but still nowhere near as full of hidden rage as they are in the movie.
Seems kinda like another reason school shootings happen now is because it's simply a trend that's caught on. Plenty of people now know of an established(yet horrible) way to vent their wrath upon everyone.

"Acts of men are better than 'acts of god'!" -Misato Katsuragi, Neon Genesis Evangelion
09-23-2007 04:58 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

MadcapINTJ Wrote:Has anyone seen the movies "Elephant" or "Zero Day"? The fact that movies are being made about these things now...man. "Zero Day" is a movie I can't help but being fascinated by, since it's proof that without things such as schools existing, the two main characters really would be normal, happy kids. Maybe a little off-beat, but still nowhere near as full of hidden rage as they are in the movie.
Seems kinda like another reason school shootings happen now is because it's simply a trend that's caught on. Plenty of people now know of an established(yet horrible) way to vent their wrath upon everyone.
I have seen Zero Day. While it's certainly interesting, it's not proof.
09-23-2007 05:13 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

anyone seen "Bang Bang You're Dead"? not only a fascinating school shooting movie, but probably one of the best high school movies ever made. really hard to get because it was made for TV, but i think it's on youtube. i had to watch it in secret so my parents wouldn't start getting scared of me again, but it's not pro-violence. it's about this kid who gets tortured by jock assholes and does a bomb threat and gets caught, so everyone thinks he's this crazy terrorist. that alone starts setting him off again, and he joins a trenchcoat mafia group that's planning a columbine-style attack, but he falls in love with a girl at school and doesn't want her to die, so he doesn't know what to do. really great movie, very anti-school.

09-23-2007 06:33 AM
returnal Away

Thanks for the sticky.

woah dude
dude woah
09-25-2007 08:56 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

I have heard and seen some crazy stories about my school too.

I heard the senior prank 4 years ago was just general chaos, for instance, a black senior grabbed a security cart, and a radio and just raced around school, weaving in between students and crashing into things, the entire time, he was yelling on the radio, "Yo this is nigga Shaun Johnson, we got a student with a security cart going crazy!" Other things that were happening were smokebombs and fire crackers being thrown, food fights, actual fights, teachers being spit on, rooms being trashed among other things. I heard it was great.

Not too long ago a student at my school was stabbed too.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
09-28-2007 02:16 PM
payback123 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Aleksandr Wrote:I have heard and seen some crazy stories about my school too.

I heard the senior prank 4 years ago was just general chaos, for instance, a black senior grabbed a security cart, and a radio and just raced around school, weaving in between students and crashing into things, the entire time, he was yelling on the radio, "Yo this is nigga Shaun Johnson, we got a student with a security cart going crazy!" Other things that were happening were smokebombs and fire crackers being thrown, food fights, actual fights, teachers being spit on, rooms being trashed among other things. I heard it was great.

Not too long ago a student at my school was stabbed too.

What did he/she get for stabbing the student?
09-30-2007 05:06 AM
No shit, Sherlock Offline
Rebel

at my school there's the usual spazstars who love to beat up anything a good 5 inches smaller than them, but otherwise its the Chav versus Mosher/Goth culture clashes that cause the problems in my school.

It's entertaining if you don't get caught up in it.

katy
xxx

Peace? *snorts* SHUT UP!

>>I'm sick of all this back slapping aren't humanity neat bullshit. We're a virus with shoes ok? That's all we are>
10-02-2007 12:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Bug Anything Violence Stonez 2 2,397 01-22-2013 04:57 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Split from School Violence Thread యూజర్ పేరు 2 2,380 02-16-2011 01:03 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows