RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The school violence thread
school_h8er Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

at my school its chavs vs anybody whos not a chav.

there was an incident last year where a year 10 chav set a firework off and hit some six former guy in the back of the head.
10-02-2007 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No shit, Sherlock Offline
Rebel

damn chavs *mutters* though I do actually have some chav...*acquaintences* ...they supply me with illegal substances anyway....

Peace? *snorts* SHUT UP!

>>I'm sick of all this back slapping aren't humanity neat bullshit. We're a virus with shoes ok? That's all we are>
10-02-2007 12:26 AM
school_h8er Offline
Rebel

oh, well thats not very good.
ahh well live and let live Smile
10-02-2007 12:34 AM
payback123 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

No shit, Sherlock Wrote:damn chavs *mutters* though I do actually have some chav...*acquaintences* ...they supply me with illegal substances anyway....

Why would you admit that?
10-02-2007 09:42 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

damn, my mom just showed me something crazy (right after i got home from the psychologist, coincidence my ass). some student (she teaches college) was applying for this sort of school-funded research term that allows you travel and study whatever you want, and she (the kid) wrote that she wanted to study youth violence, and also how IRA violence in ireland has influenced violent youth culture in the area. but her explanation for choosing that was really lame, and didn't convince the teachers. then they saw her transcripe, and guess where she went to high school: yes, Columbine.
so apparently mom asks her if it's "the" Columbine, obviously guessing that this is where the youth violence thing came from. then the girl almost starts crying, and says she didn't want to talk about that. but mom told her that it would be the ideal way to convince the board to fund her trip. so she rewrites the application, and although from a school standpoint it was terribly done, it described how her brother had been going to school there during the massacre, and she had been in elementary school. the place got locked down and the kids could hear bombs and screams from the high school nearby, and when her parents arrived with her brother he was alive, but dazed, traumatized, and covered with blood. it was pretty obvious that the paper was basically her way of "letting it out" and she's still going to rewrite it again, but i read it and it was some fucking intense stuff.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-05-2007 07:01 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:damn, my mom just showed me something crazy (right after i got home from the psychologist, coincidence my ass). some student (she teaches college) was applying for this sort of school-funded research term that allows you travel and study whatever you want, and she (the kid) wrote that she wanted to study youth violence, and also how IRA violence in ireland has influenced violent youth culture in the area. but her explanation for choosing that was really lame, and didn't convince the teachers. then they saw her transcripe, and guess where she went to high school: yes, Columbine.
so apparently mom asks her if it's "the" Columbine, obviously guessing that this is where the youth violence thing came from. then the girl almost starts crying, and says she didn't want to talk about that. but mom told her that it would be the ideal way to convince the board to fund her trip. so she rewrites the application, and although from a school standpoint it was terribly done, it described how her brother had been going to school there during the massacre, and she had been in elementary school. the place got locked down and the kids could hear bombs and screams from the high school nearby, and when her parents arrived with her brother he was alive, but dazed, traumatized, and covered with blood. it was pretty obvious that the paper was basically her way of "letting it out" and she's still going to rewrite it again, but i read it and it was some fucking intense stuff.

All I can say is damnnn... But your mom had no bisiness asking that girl about that no offense.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-06-2007 01:26 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

well, actually she sort of did. the kid voluntarily went to her asking for help doing her application, and i think it's safe to say that an essay written by a person present at columbine would carry more wieght with the teachers reviewing it than some dry crap about youth violence. my mom pisses me off about a lot of things, but i don't thing she really did anything wrong here.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
10-06-2007 05:06 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Hmm you do have a point.

image hosting jpg
10-06-2007 05:07 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Oh great another school shooting. Did anybody hear about the shooting in Cleveland? I heard a bunch of interviews where students of the school said that the shooter was "weird" and that he was "one of those people you wonder about." He was also a "loner." But then again, the only type of people that people "wonder about" are loners.
10-11-2007 08:01 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I just left a comment on that. Great another incident their going to blame on us.

image hosting jpg
10-11-2007 08:02 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Damn right. In the interviews I watched, the guys kept talking about how he was "weird" and how he worshipped Satan, and how he wore a trenchcoat.

I've been using a duffel bag in place of an actual book bag for school over a year now, and they're always people who want to make "terrorism jokes" about my bag. Now, I'll never hear the end of it, also, the next I wear my Slayer Reign In Blood shirt to school, I'm bound to catch hell for it. From both students and administrators.

Now I'm sorry for being selfish. It is a damned shame that this shit happened, but watch what happens now.
10-11-2007 08:15 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Witnesses told WKYC that the 14-year-old gunman was upset about being suspended for fighting earlier this week. He came to the school Wednesday with a gun in each hand and began firing.

Students said they took cover in closets after the school principal announced a "Code Blue" on the intercom.

The gunman was described by fellow students as "odd."

that, right there, is all you need to know. they ostracized him, treated him like crap, he fought back and was punished for it. so he took the only route that he believed was left. and yet, i'm sure they'll find some way to blame video games for it.

10-11-2007 08:19 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Damn not video games!!!.
Now people are going to be giving me more stares and whispering he is crazy.
Its like school shooting is the newest fad or something.

P.s As for the shooting goes if you throw rocks at a tiger for long its going to tear your head off.
They got what they deserved. (The ones who made his life hell)

image hosting jpg
10-11-2007 08:41 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Heart of shadows Wrote:They got what they deserved. (The ones who made his life hell)

That's how I see school shootings, too. No fucking sympathy for the fuckheads that angered him to an extent for him to even CONSIDER doing something like that. But to those that did nothing to him, but get shot/killed, my deepest sympathies for them and their families and friends.
10-11-2007 09:04 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I mean I know all life is cherishable or some shit like that but just messing wih somebody for so long and
they just don't give a shit anymore.

image hosting jpg
10-11-2007 09:18 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

the way i see it, for the victims it was a minute or two of pain and fear. for the shooter, it was years. the tragedy is that the kid was pushed to that, and that innocent people are bound to be in the line of fire. but the kids who messed with him, i have no sympathy for them.

10-11-2007 09:33 AM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Listen to the song 'I Don't Like Mondays' by The Boomtown Rats.

I don't believe in guns, so if anything I would use a sword or a bow.

I believe that if a kid was pushed to it, then the people who fucked with him deserve it. If I was ever pushed to that extent, it would be the staff who pay.

Anyways, I'm not a violent person so I would probably put them through something sick, like psychologically.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
11-08-2007 12:30 PM
amizon Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I don't see it so much as one particular group against another, more like the souled against the soulless (lol, gay sounding but ya)

But yeah I don't see how adults are surprised about any of this. There is seriously something starting to go wrong with teenagers and I don't know how some people don't notice it.

The bias drives me nuts too. The other day this kid (jock) that was sitting behind me in class didn't like the grade he got on an assignment. So he went back to the teachers desk to talk to her about it. She wouldn't budge so he crumpled up the paper and threw it away like a five year old. Then he comes back and sits down, and I can hear him talking behind me (because he's not making any effort to be subtle of course) and said once, "I'm gunna kill the stupid b*tch." and I turn around, and tell him to shut up (lol, not clever but beside the point). He of course does the 5 year old response (No, it's none of your business) but whatever I tell him to knock it the hell off or talk quieter cuz if I can hear him it's my business. He doesn't of course. The girl next to him says "So-and-so, what's wrong?" He explains the unfairness of the teacher. She says "Oh, I feel so bad for you!" (she heard what he had said before and she still says this!) and then he says "Crazy b*tch, I'm gunna kill her." and the girl doesn't say anything to this! I proceeded to have a miniature flip out (but pretty well reined in, considering), but that's beside the point. The point is, if any one unpopular had said that, the girl would have gotten all scared and quiet, told the teacher after class, proceeded to make sure he was suspended, then while he was gone never shut up about how "creepy" and "weird" he was. Because he doesn't conform to the often sadistic, definitely chauvinistic, and temper-tantrum-prone jock squad????? It's the jocks that should be creeping people out...

Excuse the rant.. (but it was relative at least, right?)
12-05-2007 08:33 PM
Samael Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I Completely, Absolutely, Definitely, Positively, Unbudgingly, Unbegrudgingly Agree with the words you have said. Matter of Fact I actually did go through that whole scenario, me being the one that got suspended. My Freshman year was like completely ridiculous that they tried to F*ckin tried to do it, but then succeeded in getting my ASS SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL!!!

Sometimes I remember the Darkness of my Past, bringing back these memories I wish I never had. Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back. And never moving forward so there'd never be a past.
01-09-2008 05:34 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

well shooters and people causing the violence aren't the problem.

then after the shooters gone they label him "mentally unstable" or some crap!
they should blame themselves for pushing some one off the edge into a school shooting.
Shooting

i hate it when Innocent people take then blame those basterds!

Had to move on. Account is dead.
01-18-2008 01:59 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

School shooters are never innocent.

But people are to damn stupid to learn a lesson from their actions.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-18-2008 10:06 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

happy fool called Nigel Wrote:Listen to the song 'I Don't Like Mondays' by The Boomtown Rats.

That song is great.
01-19-2008 12:47 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

it's a good song, but that kid was mentally unstable. i don't think there was a real revenge motive there, she was a true sociopath.

01-19-2008 06:04 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Yeah, but it's still a fucking good song.
01-19-2008 06:06 AM
blindedsoul Offline
Rebel

when a kid is labeled mentally disturbed and u see blogs about them wanting revenge, you create a kid at risk, and increase it even more by ignoring those cries for help. maybe they need a group they can talk to. killing anyone is bad, but there has to be another way to prevent them from getting weapons and stuff. maybe put harsher punishments on the kids who pick on the rejects?

The Earth Dragon
01-19-2008 06:47 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Or, maybe we could start teaching tolerance.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-19-2008 06:55 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

both, some kids need to learn to ignore crap, and not get affected from it, but the kids that tease and bully need to learn to NOT! its wrong no matter how you look at it

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-21-2008 03:17 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

cryptevah72 Wrote:both, some kids need to learn to ignore crap, and not get affected from it, but the kids that tease and bully need to learn to NOT! its wrong no matter how you look at it
Smile

image hosting jpg
01-21-2008 11:35 AM
ChickenLeg Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

darthmat Wrote:School shooters are never innocent.

But people are to damn stupid to learn a lesson from their actions.

And, when they try to, they end up fucking up the original meaning and doing something stupid to remedy the situation instead.

[Image: b24db005eGyMw.png]
01-21-2008 02:25 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

mm hmm

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3