RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shit
plasticglass Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Shit

Just for some background info: School's been hell for me my entire life, I skipped 7th grade, hoping it'd make it a bit harder (nope, even easier, but now I'm in hell without my friends), and high school classes are so structured that I can't take it, so i've got a rubiks cube, 3 puzzle books, and 3 books in my backpack that I do during class.

I've been teaching myself Hebrew for a little while, and in bio yesterday our teacher gave us 15 minutes to work on some project, so I took out my Hebrew book and worked on some stuff. She got really pissed for some reason and went on about not respecting her, and how I should "learn about other stuff on my own time" and "stop wasting hers". She's told me this before, and I'm tired of having to apologize for being different, so I stood up and left.

I walked about a mile down the street to hang out with some of my middle school friends at their bus stop, since school starts an hour later for them. After they left, I walked to the library and had a pretty awesome day reading newspapers and magazines that I enjoy, doing some puzzles, and reading some math books by Ian Stewart and working on whatever problems I want.

I still haven't delt with my mom yet, and I don't know what I'll do today, but when I was leaving school the door to the orchestra room was locked, so my violin's stuck there.

SHIT

The school's open for 30 minutes before school actually starts, but I don't know if they can legally keep me there if I go in before school and was truant the day before.

Any ideas?
09-25-2007 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

OMG HEBREW SUCKS!!! HOW DO YOU ENJOY LEARNING IT!!!! (maybe its teh program my school uses, but YUCK)

good luck w/ all hat.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-26-2007 08:30 AM
udontmatter Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

ya hebrew sucks for me too but its okay if ur teaching urself (any reason in specific?)

LOOK AT WEE LITTLE L.
[Image: full.jpg]
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
call dibs on siberia and venice
09-26-2007 09:58 AM
plasticglass Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I volunteer with some disabled kids on the weekend and part of their day is spent in Sunday school. Everything is taught in English, but some of them think in Hebrew, so I talked with some people and it seemed that it would make it easier for the kids if I knew a bit more.
09-26-2007 02:02 PM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I sometimes wish I were that daring. I just don't care about school. When people yell at me, I start to care, but this can't affect me much because I don't really care.
09-26-2007 02:33 PM
roberterher Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: Shit

plasticglass Wrote:and I'm tired of having to apologize for being different, so I stood up and left.
wow. flashback Biggrin
I never went back though

I hate the teachers and the principal
Don't wanna be taught to be no fool
Rock, rock, rock, rock, rock'n'roll high school
09-26-2007 04:05 PM