RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.

Here we are trying to improve education and some of you are talking about how to annoy the faculty? What the fuck are you thinking? From a purely tactical point of view that is suicide. Doing pranks is fucking immature and we do not want people to think that we are just destructive idiots who don't want to go to school.

I like a good prank or joke but we need to do other things too.
10-02-2007 10:04 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Stickied. Smile

The occasional joke or relatively harmless prank is all good and well, but screwing things up just makes them take us less seriously than they already do.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-02-2007 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Marauder , Avatar Korra
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I agree with Soul. Some pranks are harmless and are a nice break from being too serious. The pranks Kirby's refering to are pretty stupid, though.
10-02-2007 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

True, pranks are good every now and then, but they definately shouldn't be done a lot.
10-02-2007 10:25 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Can't disagre at all.

woah dude
dude woah
10-02-2007 10:33 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

i agree, but i have this malicious nature where i just cant help it sometimes, but i dont do big stupid pranks, i stay suddle, ok sometimes big ones but rarely and they are very carefully planned, and i never damage anyting, the pranks they were talking bout were groos, ok mst of them, i just like a little fun? whats wrong with fun? Sad Sad Sad

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
10-02-2007 10:34 AM
udontmatter Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Re: Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.

Kirby Wrote:Here we are trying to improve education and some of you are talking about how to annoy the faculty? What the fuck are you thinking? From a purely tactical point of view that is suicide. Doing pranks is fucking immature and we do not want people to think that we are just destructive idiots who don't want to go to school.

I like a good prank or joke but we need to do other things too.

yes but..... i agree that some are harmless and i wouldnt do it to faculty unless it was one teacher only and i really hated him/her. i would like to get back at some of the jerks who jeopardize trips, privilages and such for my whole fucking grade

LOOK AT WEE LITTLE L.
[Image: full.jpg]
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
call dibs on siberia and venice
10-02-2007 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Be childish if you want. I want to change things for the better and not get petty revenge.
10-02-2007 10:58 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Re: Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.

udontmatter Wrote:yes but..... i agree that some are harmless and i wouldnt do it to faculty unless it was one teacher only and i really hated him/her. i would like to get back at some of the jerks who jeopardize trips, privilages and such for my whole fucking grade
I see how pranks could ocassionally be fun. But it doesn't seem like a very good way to get revenge, not to mention pretty immature.
10-02-2007 10:58 AM
udontmatter Offline
Pariah

maybe not a prank but i need to get back at them b4 i eave the school

LOOK AT WEE LITTLE L.
(")_(")
10-02-2007 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Other than making yourself feel better, why should you "get back at them"?
10-02-2007 11:02 AM
udontmatter Offline
Pariah

they deserve it and they are here on a free ride cause no one gets them into serious trouble and the whole grade is being pnished for ike maybe 6 kids

LOOK AT WEE LITTLE L.
(")_(")
10-02-2007 11:11 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Mmm. I agree. The only pranks I'd probably pull is something symbolic, something to open some eyes.

K
S
10-02-2007 11:15 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Mmm. I agree. The only pranks I'd probably pull is something symbolic, something to open some eyes.
What are some of these symbolic pranks?
10-02-2007 11:31 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Something like hijacking a PA system and reading a few eye-openers on air. Then some good music, because school is just plain dull.

K
S
10-02-2007 11:32 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

while it's true that too many pranks hurts more than it helps, the thing that always amuses me is when the anti-prank people say it will make them "not take us seriously." yes, that would certainly be a devastating change. i mean come on, right now we're only not allowed to vote, own property, get a job, sit in certain theaters, drink, bear arms, and speak out of turn. wouldn't want to jeopordize a sweet deal like that, would we? they've NEVER taken us seriously, and it doesn't matter how "mature" we act. might as well have some fun while we resist.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-02-2007 12:30 PM
 Thanks given by: Alucard483
udontmatter Offline
Pariah

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Something like hijacking a PA system and reading a few eye-openers on air. Then some good music, because school is just plain dull.
i would love to do that

LOOK AT WEE LITTLE L.
(")_(")
10-02-2007 12:54 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:while it's true that too many pranks hurts more than it helps, the thing that always amuses me is when the anti-prank people say it will make them "not take us seriously." yes, that would certainly be a devastating change. i mean come on, right now we're only not allowed to vote, own property, get a job, sit in certain theaters, drink, bear arms, and speak out of turn. wouldn't want to jeopordize a sweet deal like that, would we? they've NEVER taken us seriously, and it doesn't matter how "mature" we act. might as well have some fun while we resist.
True, might as well act immature and have fun if that's how they're going to look at us anyways. And I like anonymous' idea, I might have to try that out.
10-02-2007 02:06 PM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

it's not a matter of us being 'immature', but getting our freedom and being equally treated. an adult can act stupid, but still gets all of the freedoms that come with being 'of age'.

until people realize how stupid they're being, it's not going to matter how 'immature' we are. until they realize that 'immaturity' shouldn't mean we don't get any freedoms, we are going to be stuck the way we are.

also, i think being 'immature' is a good thing because otherwise, you're just following a code of conduct that others say you should follow and you will eventually become exactly like everyone else. dull and boring.
10-02-2007 02:16 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

i have to agree with thought maker on this one
10-03-2007 05:07 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:also, i think being 'immature' is a good thing because otherwise, you're just following a code of conduct that others say you should follow and you will eventually become exactly like everyone else. dull and boring.

Following a code of conduct just because everyone says so is immature. Thinking for yourself is mature.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-03-2007 05:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Trar
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

pransk are fun, and if you are'nt trying to change things they are fine.

But if you are, then they shoudl be done ralrey.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-03-2007 12:27 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

they can be effective in galvanizing a student body into protest or action if it's dramatic enough. their point isn't to change the enemy's mind, it's to open our allies' eyes.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
10-03-2007 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Except people aren't the enemies.
10-03-2007 12:33 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

some people are. and even if they weren't, it still can inspire people to fight back and resist, even if it's just an established way of life they're resisting.

10-03-2007 12:36 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:Except people aren't the enemies.

Umm kirby reread you sig..

Harmless jokes are ok but when you humilate somebody or you overflow toliets and crap in the sinks thats going to far.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-06-2007 01:33 AM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

i cant pull any pranks off at my school, and if i do, its gotta be in an area without any cameras, and those places usually such to pull pranks in.

but i do know that the school security tapes tape over each other every 2 days lol.
10-06-2007 11:59 PM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Quote:Following a code of conduct just because everyone says so is immature. Thinking for yourself is mature.

True but try telling that to brainwashed zombies. They will tell you the opposite.

Quote:while it's true that too many pranks hurts more than it helps, the thing that always amuses me is when the anti-prank people say it will make them "not take us seriously." yes, that would certainly be a devastating change. i mean come on, right now we're only not allowed to vote, own property, get a job, sit in certain theaters, drink, bear arms, and speak out of turn. wouldn't want to jeopordize a sweet deal like that, would we? they've NEVER taken us seriously, and it doesn't matter how "mature" we act. might as well have some fun while we resist.

Fuck yeah!!!!

And me and some friends are trying to decide a prank on my school. Something big. Something that people will talk about. Something that will surly piss everyone off. Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
10-07-2007 02:22 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

you didn't take into account the reactions of the other kids when the prank happens. nothing inspires them to resist more than seeing something big and funny happen. and the crackdown just raises public support for the pranksters. there will be copycats, and soon everybody is fighting back and questioning authority becomes "cool."
see, here's the point i'm trying to make. if a kid throws a smoke bomb, like you said, the teachers will say "See? These kids are rowdy and barbaric, they need rules! They need order!" but, dude, they already say that. it's too late to try and salvage respect from them because we never had any to begin with. they don't listen to pranks, but they also don't listen to reason. a prank isn't meant to convince them, it's meant to convince the other kids.

10-07-2007 04:46 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

are you sure? from what i've seen at my school, when someone does a prank, even if the police are called in, all it does is make kids more enthusiastic about fighting authority. and i don't think it's fair to say that they just do it because everyone else is, i think there are a lot of kids there with the potential to do some great pranks and resist authority, they just need someone to "wake them up," so to speak. to start the avalance sliding. they're not mindlessly following, they're just inspired.

and i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this "convincing" thing. i just don't think it's going to happen. the idea of young people's inferiority is so deeply ingrained in people's heads, it's going to take a lot more than even the most logical arguments to change that. personally, i think that whether young people are smart enough is irrelevent, even if they were all stupid they're still people and deserve to be heard. you can try to convince them of our maturity if you like, but i think it's time to actually make some progress.

10-07-2007 05:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When faced with non-dumbasses.. Darthmat 4 3,642 01-23-2017 11:06 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru