RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

it would be useful, but i don't think it should be one of our main goals. it would mean a whole lot of wasted effort that could be put to better use actually resisting. it should be a priority, but definitely not a top one.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-07-2007 06:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Quote:they already say that. it's too late to try and salvage respect from them because we never had any to begin with. they don't listen to pranks, but they also don't listen to reason. a prank isn't meant to convince them, it's meant to convince the other kids.

I agree with you rebelnerd. Try convincing an adult of your intellegence and unless the adult thinks that kids are smart and not inferior, that adult will basically say "You are full of shit" and go on. And a prank is to convince other kids. That is why me and my friends want to pull a prank that is huge and has meaning to it.

Quote:A prank isn't going to convince kids of anything, they'll laugh and say it's funny, that's about it.

If you don't think about it before hand of course that will happen. Think of one that will open up people's eyes.

Quote:Wouldn't convincing them of our maturity/intelligence be progress, and essentially one of our main goals?

It is, Wolf, but thinking about and pulling well-thought out pranks will prove intelligence. The school officials just don't think pranks are intelligent, and the thought that goes into SOME of them.(I know that some have no planning and are retarded[like the one at my school])

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
10-07-2007 06:24 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Wolf on Mescaline Wrote:I don't understand the use in resisting authority if we're not essentially trying to convince them that we're equal. The main goal is not rebellion, it's achieving equal rights.

Rebellion is a process in which to gain equal rights, but our main goal is not to resist, it's to educate. Resistance is in there, but again, we're not on SS to rebel, we're on SS to learn, and hopefully change some minds.
i beg to differ. we can't get equal rights unless we resist, they won't let us have them so we have to take them. and i think there are quite a few people on this site who came here to rebel.

Quote:This is exactly what I'm talking about, their opinions are not going to change if pranks are our main medium in which to convey our views. They're going to keep thinking "You're just a kid, you're full of shit" because of immature acts of rebellion. If we're ever going to change adults' opinions of us, we'll have to do it on their level.

we're not going to change their opinion of us. even if they did think we were intelligent and mature, educators' careers, finances, and entire lives are dependent on keeping youth under control. they've got too much riding on the education system staying the way it is to just hand it over because we act "proper."

Quote:Most have no planning, I don't think I've ever seen a plan for a prank that actually had symbolism, or anything of that order. All it's been is to annoy the faculty, and delay a test date, or something.

Those type of pranks will open no one's eyes, it'll just make them laugh. Civil Rights did not begin with pranking authorities...

"Hey, I got an idea! Let's switch the 'Colored only' and 'Whites only' water fountain signs!"
so lets do some that ARE symbolic. i agree that pointless crap-in-the-urinal gags are stupid and a waste of time, but we're talking bigger, politically motivated things. protests. hijacking the PA. spreading the message through big, dramatic means. THAT'S the kind of thing that opens people's eyes. and don't tell me it doesn't work because it does. at my school all one kid did was write some anti-school articles and pass them out, and the whole building was buzzing for the rest of the day. the potential for real rebellion is there, you're just got to break the ice.

Quote:Rebellion has it's place in a civil rights movement, however there are more important, and more significant things to be done than annoying those in power.

so let's do more than annoy them.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
10-07-2007 08:07 AM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Quote:If we're ever going to change adults' opinions of us, we'll have to do it on their level

By that you mean......

Quote:Let's stop the petty prank shit, and move on to real change, upgrade from pranks to statements.

I agree with you there. Things like shit in the urinal, toilet paper everywhere, putting water in baloons and sticking a gold fish in it and hanging it from the ceiling(seen it done it's on youtube but I forgot the name of the video[I'll post it if I find it again]) NEED TO STOP

Hidden stuff:
10-07-2007 08:53 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

right. but what i mean is, they won't listen so it's time to stop talking and start using action. sometimes spreading the word means breaking rules and getting people riled up, and pranks are a great way to do this. you made it sound like the whole movement should be done through debating and convincing. but if you agree that some more direct action is necessary, then that's great.

10-07-2007 11:05 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:right. but what i mean is, they won't listen so it's time to stop talking and start using action. sometimes spreading the word means breaking rules and getting people riled up, and pranks are a great way to do this. you made it sound like the whole movement should be done through debating and convincing. but if you agree that some more direct action is necessary, then that's great.

Why didn't you say that to start with?

Hidden stuff:
10-07-2007 11:16 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i can go with that for the most part, i respect the difference between politically motivated pranks and just stupid joking to piss people off. i just think this whole idea of getting them to respect us enough to give us equal rights thing is a wild goose chase, and that direct action is our best bet at the moment.

10-07-2007 01:51 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I agree pranks need to move beyond pointless things that are amusing for about 5 minutes to things that get people thinking, and preferably let people have FUN too. Not angry pranks, FUN pranks that have some sort of message behind it. Like the kind of stuff these people do.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-08-2007 02:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

that site was awesome, i'll have to look at it more in depth later.

10-08-2007 03:12 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Awsome link, thanks SR.
10-08-2007 03:42 AM
stevo111 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:Other than making yourself feel better, why should you "get back at them"?

One word after i finish this sentence Razz. EGO
12-18-2007 05:22 AM
Hanny's Old Account Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I agree - Pranks are good if they represent something, but meaningless pranks can be childish.

Cool

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
but I got him where I want him now...

[Image: Chiisu.png]
My brother who has problems with grammar in the middle of words Wrote:M0nkeynut5 says (14:20):
Well - yeah In am hot. Obviously. Your lovely an al;l but I have the better genes and I'm roasting hot!
02-03-2008 03:13 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Hey dumbasses, pranks are retarded.

I disagree.

We have the rest of our lives to be adults. Enjoy being immature while you can.

Though as a side note, before everyone starts attacking me (though I couldn't care less...BRING IT), I never pulled any pranks....'cept for drawing huge penises on bathroom walls. But I don't think that's a prank. Though it sure is "immature" according to some of you.

Quote:Here we are trying to improve education
Yeah, and we've gotten really far on that.

NOT
05-25-2008 02:21 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Please excuse me if my temper flares while responding to this. :/

chemistry_hater Wrote:I disagree.

We have the rest of our lives to be adults. Enjoy being immature while you can.
Adult does not mean you have to be mature. Adult does not mean mature. Youth is not an excuse to act like a dumbass, or be immature.
Understand?

Quote:Though as a side note, before everyone starts attacking me (though I couldn't care less...BRING IT), I never pulled any pranks....'cept for drawing huge penises on bathroom walls. But I don't think that's a prank. Though it sure is "immature" according to some of you.
That's just fucking retarded. Why would you do that? 'LOLOLOL111!!!! I DREW PENORZ IN DA BATHROOM!!!1!!!!' No. Not lol. Stupid.

Quote:
Quote:Here we are trying to improve education
Yeah, and we've gotten really far on that.

NOT
We are trying. And even if we aren't making amazing headway, now, we are still helping people individually every day here. And would doing pranks really help?

In conclusion: Please find yourself a suitable whole, crawl in it, and die. If you prefer to die in other ways, be my guest.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
05-25-2008 01:32 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Some pranks can be non-retarded, possibly even cool. Maybe even thought-provoking if done right.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-26-2008 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Adult does not mean you have to be mature. Adult does not mean mature. Youth is not an excuse to act like a dumbass, or be immature.
Understand?

I never stated it meant you have to be mature. But if you're not, I'm sure you'll get far in life. Notice the sarcasm. I also never stated youth is an excuse to act like a "dumbass" because to some of us, it's not considered acting like a "dumbass", but more like having fun. Who's gonna stop me? Surely not you.

Quote:That's just fucking retarded. Why would you do that? 'LOLOLOL111!!!! I DREW PENORZ IN DA BATHROOM!!!1!!!!' No. Not lol. Stupid.

It IS retarded, in your opinion that is. And, "lol"? I never even TYPED that anywhere, did it seem like I was being humorous to you?

Quote:We are trying. And even if we aren't making amazing headway, now, we are still helping people individually every day here. And would doing pranks really help?

In conclusion: Please find yourself a suitable whole, crawl in it, and die. If you prefer to die in other ways, be my guest.

Yes, in some cases, pranks would help. There are always exceptions.

Whole? You mean hole, no? So before you try to sound intelligent and start bashing people's opinions, learn proper spelling. Upyours Biggrin
06-12-2008 06:29 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:
Quote:Adult does not mean you have to be mature. Adult does not mean mature. Youth is not an excuse to act like a dumbass, or be immature.
Understand?

I never stated it meant you have to be mature. But if you're not, I'm sure you'll get far in life. Notice the sarcasm. I also never stated youth is an excuse to act like a "dumbass" because to some of us, it's not considered acting like a "dumbass", but more like having fun. Who's gonna stop me? Surely not you.
Please go research the google offices. Remember, they make more money then you.

e.g.
[Image: google-office-january-05.jpg]

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
06-12-2008 09:31 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:
Understand?

Please go research the google offices. Remember, they make more money then you.

e.g.
[Image: google-office-january-05.jpg]

Sorry (ok I'm not really sorry), but that's the stupidest reasoning ever. You can't even back your shit up.

How is that immature? I'm not talking immature as in wearing kiddie shirts, or riding kiddie scooters (in your case). I'm talking about acting immature in certain situations.

Nice try. Mwahaha
06-13-2008 10:38 AM
rebelteacheretard Offline
Rebel

...wtf r u a teacher or sumthing pranks r good anytime and anywhere we r kids we suppose to have as much fun as possible until we become over worst nightmares ADULTS!!! u talking about the opppsite of wut this site is try to say!!!!! school sucks and we should destroy it as many ways as POSSIBLE HAHHAA BURN TEH FUCKIN SCHOOL DOWN!!!! w00000t Evil
06-18-2008 12:48 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

rebelteacheretard Wrote:...wtf r u a teacher or sumthing pranks r good anytime and anywhere we r kids we suppose to have as much fun as possible until we become over worst nightmares ADULTS!!! u talking about the opppsite of wut this site is try to say!!!!! school sucks and we should destroy it as many ways as POSSIBLE HAHHAA BURN TEH FUCKIN SCHOOL DOWN!!!! w00000t Evil
Grow a brain. Now.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-18-2008 01:13 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re:

SoulRiser Wrote:Stickied. Smile

The occasional joke or relatively harmless prank is all good and well, but screwing things up just makes them take us less seriously than they already do.

True.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-23-2008 06:54 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Was there any point to that post?
07-23-2008 06:55 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

I mean, pranks can be funny AT TIMES, but if you really want to make a point, tape stuff like things fom this sie to bathroom walls or something.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-23-2008 06:57 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Was there any point to that post?

Just to show that I am not some dumbass like someone who draws asses or something on the wall.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
07-23-2008 06:58 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Stop Bumping please

The Avenger Wrote:I mean, pranks can be funny AT TIMES, but if you really want to make a point, tape stuff like things fom this sie to bathroom walls or something.
this SITE. My Fucking Keyboard Sux.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
07-23-2008 06:58 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

We don't care.

PLEASE, for the love of God, stop uselessly bumping topics.

07-23-2008 07:57 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Ah, I'l try. Sometimes. Maybe.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
07-27-2008 07:24 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Pranks are funny.
I honestly couldn't care less ._.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
09-04-2008 06:46 AM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Pranks make school more fun and motivate the student body. When something big happens, can't you just feel the buzz in the air? It's the buzz of excitement, and it happens whenever a fight occurs in the hallway, a fire alarm goes off, or a pep rally is planned. I find that people are more alert and stuff during class when something exciting just happened.

Now, I'm not saying someone should pull the fire alarm every day, but it does brighten up the entire week when something goes down. Like, for example, some idiot set off a firework after lunch one day. It was stupid on his part - he got expelled from the district, but people were talking about it for like three weeks. It made school fun. A firework is a stupid thing to do, and I don't advocate anything that big, but I was using the impact it made as an example.

Now, pranks that damage things, or inconvieniance someone (that means you - people who mess up the bathrooms so bad that I have to walk to the other end of the school to pee) are stupid. The money that the district could have spent on a pep rally or assembly now has to go to fix the toilet that just got broken. It sucks, and honestly, those arn't very funny or good pranks. Everyone just comments on how stupid it was an how little of an impact it had.

Now, a good prank is something like dressing up like a monster and dancing around the cafeteria during your lunch hour. It brightens up everyones day, gets people talking, and isn't technically against the rules. It's good fun.

Pranks with revenge in mind arn't constructive, but pranks with the entertainment of the student body in mind make school a better place. Think about your purpose before you do it, and make sure it's entertaining - or you'll just get yourself in trouble for no reason.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
11-16-2008 06:21 AM
BlackHeartBenwa Offline
Rebel

Pranks are only good if both parties involved are amused. It is fun to fuck with teachers but, it just makes us look like dumbasses.
02-03-2009 04:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When faced with non-dumbasses.. Darthmat 4 3,658 01-23-2017 11:06 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru