RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Anyone Hear About The Pete Knight Incident On Friday?
X Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Did Anyone Hear About The Pete Knight Incident On Friday?

School security guards in Palmdale, CA have been caught on camera assaulting a 16-year-old girl and breaking her arm after she spilled some cake during lunch and left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning it up.

The incident occurred last week at Knight High School in Palmdale and was caught on a cell phone camera by another pupil who was then also assaulted by the security guards.

The girl, Pleajhai Mervin, told Fox News LA that she was bumped while queuing for lunch and dropped the cake. After being ordered to clean it up and then re-clean the spot three times, she attempted to leave the area out of embarrassment but was jumped on by security who forced her onto a table, breaking her wrist in the process.

Pleajhai also says that the security guard in the picture yelled "hold still nappy-head" at her, which at the time she did not know was a racist comment.

In an even more shocking development the security guards later had the mother of the girl arrested after she sought out an attorney and demanded that the guard be arrested, telling her that if she wanted the guard detained then she herself would also be charged with battery after she allegedly pushed the guard and an assistant principal of the school. She has also been suspended from her job at another school in the county.

The school expelled Pleajhai for five days before then having her arrested for battery and for littering (the dropping of the cake). Then they had the pupil who captured the video arrested along with his sister who was merely present at the scene.

A walkout is planned for this morning by some students, after which the protesters will call for the firing of the main security guard involved.

~The article continues with points not directly related to this event
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i leave not even a mile from palmdale were pete knight is located ( I live in lancaster california )
And i has a black teenager, am very offended by this incident. This security guard is absolutely racist and if i were at pete knight that day i wouldve bashed his face in and fed him some synide. Well to the point, what are your thoughts of this? I been thinking since i leave 10 minutes from that school ( I attend lancaster high school << which is sucks ) i should hold a walk out at my school to protest to get this slimbucket arrested and kicked out that hell hole called pete knight

Please Discuss

ANTI SCHOOL POWER! lool Mwahaha
10-09-2007 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

It's spelled cyanide.
10-09-2007 06:50 AM
Evasion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

That's was than treatment in some prisons. Sickens me.

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

wait just a fuckin minute, SHE got expelled and NOT the guard? WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!!?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!

That makes me want to throw up in all their faces.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
10-09-2007 06:53 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Don Imus says "nappy headed hoes" on the radio and gets fired, but this guy yells it to a little kid's face WHILE ASSAULTING HER and gets off free. how the fuck does that work?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-09-2007 06:56 AM
X Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Yea i find this really disturbing
Welcome to my school district a whole buch of slimbuckets
10-09-2007 08:58 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Quote:That makes me want to throw up in all their faces.

That sounds fun. Puking's fun.

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
10-09-2007 09:02 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

That makes me sick.
Hopefully they'll become better people someday.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
10-09-2007 09:05 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

it sickens me to know that they can get away with this much less have all the witnesses taken care of like that

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
10-09-2007 11:24 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

i sure hope so

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
10-09-2007 01:14 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

im rooting for them.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
10-09-2007 01:50 PM
wyldstryke Offline
Revolutionary

seriously, thats pretty fucked up. why couldnt the janitor just cleaned up the crumbs?

but yeah, that was pretty excessive violence on the cops part. souldnt have been done, and i hope that they win the lawsuit

Nature created neither servants nor masters. I want neither to rule, or be ruled.
10-09-2007 02:53 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

*Load shotgun*

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-10-2007 12:46 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Remember that discussion about lawn mowers and toes... *fantasizes*

god dammit, thats down right sickening.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-10-2007 09:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hangout for Parents this Friday lisafromjackson 1 1,579 05-22-2015 12:09 AM
Last Post: lisafromjackson
  Hangout tonight (Friday, 3/20) @ 7PM: How to talk to your parents about school xcriteria 2 2,374 03-21-2015 09:10 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  What Students Really Need To Hear xcriteria 17 5,890 11-28-2014 03:03 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  My friend got ISS for a ridiculous reason, and the incident that followed Let's Pretend This Account Never Existed 3 3,219 05-23-2013 02:21 PM
Last Post: Lime
  "I don't want to hear your excuses." Desu 14 9,261 02-23-2013 02:53 PM
  Mai Friday rant EntityCubed 6 3,628 02-19-2013 05:41 AM
  Banned from computer till Friday. AtheistLGBTQAnarchist 28 11,274 10-08-2012 06:31 AM
Last Post: guts12
  Summer school book incident యూజర్ పేరు 1 1,969 06-16-2010 09:37 AM
Last Post: Raikuron
  I took friday off themikoinblue 8 3,023 09-17-2009 02:17 AM
Last Post: Colin
  Last Friday Stealth 2 1,590 03-10-2008 01:32 AM
Last Post: Puchiko