RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil child
starfish Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Evil child

If you had a kid who lacked any empathy for other people, would you find it hard to love them? Like they were mean, egotistical, judgemental bullies that basicaly get joy from others peoples pain and problem, and spend most of their time ridiculing these poor souls instead of trying to help or understand them. And this was your son or daughter. Would they disgust you? Because as an empathetic person who does care about other people, and has a very open mind, I don't think I could love them.
10-14-2007 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

i'd try to help him and i'd love him as family, but i wouldn't like him.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-14-2007 08:12 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

That's a hard one. I probably would, I mean it would be my kids.

My wife would probably love the kid more, I mean mothers have a maternal bond that isn't found in fathers.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-14-2007 08:13 AM
Halla Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

No kid is born like that; kids are made like that.
10-14-2007 09:28 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I would love him as best I could, though I probably wouldn't like him much, but I like what halla said about them not being born that way, but made that way.
10-14-2007 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

I can't really answer that considering I am not a father yet and I have no clue what the emotional bond would feel like.
10-14-2007 10:06 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: Evil child

If I were a parent of such a child, I would have almost complete control over his life, and it would be socially acceptable and legal for me to create such a situation where I could talk to him and figure out why he acted like that. I simply don't know him well enough; even my parents don't really know me.
starfish Wrote:Because as an empathetic person who does care about other people, and has a very open mind, I don't think I could love them.
Do you firmly believe that you have an open mind, or do you just try to or think you do?
10-14-2007 11:26 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

1. Either the kid's got mental problems and needs to see a therapist or something.
or
2. Something is causing them to act like this and it needs to be fixed.

K
S
10-14-2007 12:56 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:i'd try to help him and i'd love him as family, but i wouldn't like him.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-14-2007 01:29 PM
starfish Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

well i naturaly have an open mind. I wasn't brought up with super set beliefs. And on the stuff that maybe I am closed minded about, I always try to open to suggestions and other ppls opinions. Why do you say that though? It sounds like you're accusing me of not being.
10-14-2007 02:09 PM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

starfish Wrote:well i naturaly have an open mind. I wasn't brought up with super set beliefs. And on the stuff that maybe I am closed minded about, I always try to open to suggestions and other ppls opinions. Why do you say that though? It sounds like you're accusing me of not being.
What if you really don't have an open mind? If you're sure that it's open, it certainly isn't. You were probably just simplifying this idea so you didn't have to write so much, but I couldn't resist asking.
10-14-2007 02:19 PM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

i wouldn't. i would try to make him so he wouldn't be like that, but how could anyone love someone like that?
10-14-2007 02:57 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

That sounds so familiar... I used to be that way.. Noo
I saw people as pathetic tools who were caught in petty ideals and dreams believing they could do anything so long as they tryed. I thought people like that were destined to fail and people like me were destined to use people like that.
People were only there to be used and thrown away like trash so I could get ahead in life (middle school made me think this way) because thats how much life is worth in this world...
Until I met my friend Will. Even when I acted crazy to him to scare him away he was the first person to ask me Bobby why do you act this way and got to know me.

(Looking into the past done)

looking at how I was I could never truly love and trust a kid like that.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-14-2007 03:31 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I dunno. Maybe if the kid was nice to begin with and then became horrible, I'd probably still love 'em and want to figure out what went wrong. Which is probably what it'll be like... I mean, people aren't born psychopaths. Something always triggers it...

That's all hypothetical for if I actually ever have a kid, which I won't... so...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-15-2007 03:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I would love them.
Not because they are my child, but because they are another human being.
What reason do we have not to love someone on a humanly level?

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
10-15-2007 04:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I would love them.
Not because they are my child, but because they are another human being.
What reason do we have not to love someone on a humanly level?

Good point. It's easier said than done though... I'd like to be able to say I love everyone, but I don't think I'd be telling the truth if I said that.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
10-15-2007 05:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

No one loves everyone.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-16-2007 09:01 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

darthmat Wrote:No one loves everyone.
except god of course.

image hosting jpg
10-16-2007 09:23 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Well, according to my religion tahst not ture.

And i think yo uwre being sarcastic anyways. >.>

10-16-2007 09:24 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Yes yes I was.

image hosting jpg
10-16-2007 09:25 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Heart of shadows Wrote:
except god of course.

Well, except for the whole "creating Hell" part.
12-29-2007 11:51 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

1. god dosent exist,
2. ye si would, i mean i wouldent lvoe them as a person but as father/kid love.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
12-29-2007 12:15 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I don't believe that.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
12-29-2007 03:40 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I have a bad habit of loving people that are bad for me. A symptom of "neurotic loyalty".

While I might not like the kid, yeah I'd still feel like I owed him the world. Which is kind of funny 'cause if he was my kid, in a funny sort of way you'd think he'd owe me his.

I don't know if I can answer this with a clear head. I played the virgin Mary recently and I'm surrounded by all my baby cousins. I'm feeling very maternal lately.

Let's do the time warp again!
12-29-2007 03:48 PM
PIMP. Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

a mini pimp that is evil? Yes i would love him very much. Mwahaha
12-29-2007 11:28 PM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I am one of those people that don't give a damn about the people around them. Have a view from one of us, will ya?

So, I am the way I am because the people around me don't give a damn about me. So why, in turn give a damn about them. I prefer the thought of stabbing them through the throat than letting them go fuck up your life some more. That's just my take on why some people are "Evil" like that.
01-04-2008 09:41 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I am one of those people that don't give a damn about the people around them. Have a view from one of us, will ya?

So, I am the way I am because the people around me don't give a damn about me. So why, in turn give a damn about them. I prefer the thought of stabbing them through the throat than letting them go fuck up your life some more. That's just my take on why some people are "Evil" like that.

Good point. That doesn't really make you "evil" then, more like just frustrated or something. But if you met a person who did actually give a damn about you, you'd be more lenient with the throat stabbing, right? Biggrin

Hidden stuff:
01-05-2008 05:24 AM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Yep. Just a little less jerking and more sliding... >>;;;

But in all seriousness, I've met a couple who do give a damn about me, ironically, more so than my own parents, but I rarely talk to them at school. We talk more on MSN when we don't have things to talk about instead.

'Cept for Otter-boy and Deidra. I can talk to them as much as I want in German.

NEXT STEP IS TO WRITE ARTICLES FOR THE MAINSITE. >_>
01-05-2008 07:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Yeah. People who genuinely give a damn are sort of rare. I'm just glad I found some before I gave up on the human race in general.

Hidden stuff:
01-05-2008 11:04 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: Evil child

I don't think so. I mean, I'm sure I'd HOPE that they could be helped somehow, and I'd feel guilty for not loving them as my kid, but, depending on the severity of what they did, I'd probably have to say no.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
09-11-2008 09:17 AM