RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys are gonna love this....
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
You guys are gonna love this....

So today I was sitting in 4th period, being bored, when I'm told to go to the library. When I get there, it turns out that they're having a celebration for the people who did Summer Reading.

Now, here's the funny parts:

1. Only 12 people(counting me) in the WHOLE SCHOOL actually did Summer Reading. I suspected it'd be something like that, but I busted out laughing when they actually told me it was true.

2. I didn't even read one of the books I wrote my report on!

And even better I got free pizza and candy out of it too! Not bad, eh?
10-18-2007 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Rofl

COOWUL!!!

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-18-2007 10:45 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

darthmat Wrote:Rofl

COOWUL!!!

Yeah, I was chuckling to myself the whole time, it was great!
10-18-2007 10:49 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I'm loving this! Laugh

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-18-2007 11:51 AM
. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

HaHaHaHaHa Laugh

School is pathetic, It really is. Laugh

but... Omg Why did you even do it? Razz

"Countless people will hate the new world order and will die protesting against it" - H.G. Wells
[Image: nuke.gif][Image: images90ns5.jpg][Image: nuke.gif]
10-18-2007 11:59 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Mr.AtomicExplosion Wrote:but... Omg Why did you even do it? Razz

EDIT: Oh, you mean Summer reading.

My mom made me do it, lol.
10-18-2007 12:05 PM
. Offline
Revolutionary

My mom treats me like an adult, She listens to me but she still defends it, She knows I'm right, I've exposed her to so much stuff. She always says "Well what do you want to do about it" and I suggest Homeschooling and she tells me I'll make no friends and I'll regret not getting my diploma and all the senior stuff like she did when she dropped out and got her G.E.D, She is kinda right in a sense, but working so hard four years in a system I don't believe in, To be a little happier at the end. Its just not for me. Shrug

"Countless people will hate the new world order and will die protesting against it" - H.G. Wells
10-18-2007 12:18 PM
Faust Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

The good die young, therefore I shall live forever.
10-18-2007 12:29 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

GenKai Wrote:In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

Yeah, I hate summer reading too. I thought it WAS mandatory, that's the only reason I did it!
10-18-2007 01:03 PM
. Offline
Revolutionary

GenKai Wrote:In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

We had two, and we had to do both of them. We had to do and essay and a test for both. I failed.

Fast food nation and About a boy

10-18-2007 01:16 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Well if dumbasses read in the first place we wouldn't need forced summer reading. And we'd also have less sheeple.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
10-18-2007 02:31 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Oooh, free pizza... yay!

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-18-2007 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
. Offline
Revolutionary

I think School and Pizzaria's are involved in some kind of conspiracy to put Pizzarias in School they seem to be obsessed with Them, No chinise food, No McDonalds, Lets just have some good old Pizza all the time Laugh

Another conspiracy theroy, Run from Mr Atomic hes a THERIST!

10-18-2007 04:03 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Freak-of-nature14 Wrote:Well if dumbasses read in the first place we wouldn't need forced summer reading. And we'd also have less sheeple.

But school gives reading such a bad name with its boring ass books that people don't want to read.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-19-2007 12:48 AM
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Laugh Laugh Laugh
rofl

nice work
10-21-2007 10:31 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Heart of shadows Wrote:But school gives reading such a bad name with its boring ass books that people don't want to read.
Most of the stuff we've read so far are considered part of the 100 most challenged books of 1990-2000
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Pigman by Paul Zindel

Not to mention The Rag and Bone Shop by Robert Cormier, that dude has a book on that list.

I think my teacher gets a kick out of making us read controversial books.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-21-2007 11:24 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

We mostly read army books about world war 1 and 2.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-23-2007 12:57 AM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Haha, that's awesome.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
10-23-2007 01:12 AM
OmegaWolf747 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Summer reading is gay. I'm glad we never had it when I was in school. I'm glad you got free pizza out of it though.

@silverfang1977
10-23-2007 09:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LONG POST For An Update. I Love You Guys. GamerGurl 11 5,760 02-02-2013 06:39 AM
Last Post: GamerGurl