RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Problem, need some advice.
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Real Problem, need some advice.

Remember my thread about getting a referal for not giving up my phone? Well here is the newest update. Today, I was called into the office to talk about it. I gave mostly smart answers, but they were not detected by the administrator. Anyway, he decided to take my phone away. I gave it up this time, knowing he would just have th campus cop come in and take it. I gave it up, and got my punishment, 4 days of dentention. I chose that over trash pickup. Anyway, my dad picked my phone up after school. I had to walk through pouring rain because I didn't have it, but at least my dad was not mad. Anyway, here is the deal. My dad said he will either turn the phone off forever, or I just get to keep it when I am not in school. This frankly defeats the purpose of the phone, what am I to do when I need to talk to my parents after or before school?

Basically, I have 2 days to come up with some type of alternative punishment, like a week or something without it. If they go through with this, I am going to buy a pay as you go phone from wal mart or something and just use that for a month. If they still haven't let me take it to school, then I will pay another month and so on.

So what is your idea? What can I do to make it so I just get to keep it? I am already committed to making a change about not using it in class. Believe me, I have already decided on that, but what else?

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
12-01-2007 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evasion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

If you can afford it, use the pay as you go phone. No need to set punishments for yourself, or give yourself any stress from difficult situations. Tell your father you don't want the phone, and give it to him.

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”
12-01-2007 10:56 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Why do you need a phone? Can you have your parents pick you up at a pre-arranged time? Can you figure out how to use the school phones? If your parents won't pick you up, you could do your homework at school and then walk home? Could you instant message your parents with a school computer to tell them to pick you up?
12-01-2007 11:17 AM
.xstrike-anywherex. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 21 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Why don't you keep it off and in your bag and take it to school? Would that really be a problem?

And no offense, but if you were already in trouble for it, why would you bring the phone a second day just to have it taken away, seems a little illogical.

Step into my twisted reality

[Image: churchsign.jpg]
12-01-2007 11:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Can't you like... pretend that your phone got stolen when it really actually wasn't, and then just keep it hidden from everyone?

Or keep it strapped to yourself in a pouch that can lock or something, and nobody can take it away unless you manually open it for them?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-02-2007 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

OK, heres the deal. I took it to school not knowing it would be taken away. Now, my dad is just saying I cannot bring it to school which in my opinion is fucking stupid. I get picked up almost a mile away from the nearest phone I could use everyday. Another problem, after I got my phone back from the school, it only works when it is in the charger. This means water damage. Now I need to get a new phone, of course, I cannot pay the full retail price of it so I am looking for one on craigslist.

This is total bullshit. The school broke my phone and now I cant take my phone to school even if it did work. What the fuck.

My best course of action is to just leave the phone with my dad. Even if I could bring it to school, I couldn't the damn thing cannot run on its own batteries. I think it should take about a week for me to get a new one. By then, he might have come around.

If not, well fuck it.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
12-03-2007 03:52 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Talk to him, and tell him how fucking retarted the policy is.

Oh, and like sue teh school for breaking your phone.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
12-03-2007 04:11 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Sounds like the school owes you a new battery. Does your dad know about that?

Also, new batteries are cheaper than getting a whole new phone...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
12-03-2007 04:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:Sounds like the school owes you a new battery. Does your dad know about that?

Also, new batteries are cheaper than getting a whole new phone...
I already tried another battery I have for the phone. It is water damage. This is funny, because it was in my pocket, completely dry on the walk to school. However, i get it after school and it stopped working.

Guys, what can I do to get the school to pay for a new phone?

12-03-2007 08:34 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Getting 'em to pay for a new phone could be pretty much impossible unless you can prove that someone there broke it...

Hidden stuff:
12-03-2007 09:25 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:Getting 'em to pay for a new phone could be pretty much impossible unless you can prove that someone there broke it...
Anything else I can do to fuck up there day?

12-03-2007 11:19 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

I have an update.

Basically, today after detention, I had to run to where my dad usually picks me up, just to find he was driving away. I ran after the car and finally he noticed me and stopped.

We drove to go get my mom a gift for her upcoming birthday. As we were driving, I said, "I really need a working phone dad." He said, "I know, take my old one until you get a new one." I said that I would if I have to wait much longer. Then, realizing that what he said was total bullshit I said, "What a minute, I can have your old phone, but I can't take it to school? Whats the damn point?" He said, "I either take away texting, or you leave it with me during school." At this point, I realized that I was wasting my time. I realized that I am never going to have even half of what I want.

I gave up. I became disconnected. Of course when my dad saw this happening he just treated me like shit. I AM FUCKING SICK OF THIS. SCHOOL HAS FUCKED UP EVERYTHING FOR ME, FLYING, DRIVING AND NOW MY PHONE!

Everything is so out of reach. He just keeps taking things away from me. I don't even have the strength to hold me head up. I am waiting for a change that isn't going to come. I am having trouble making myself last until saturday to see my therapist.

I am losing faith in everything. Things were actually improving for me. My dad doesn't know and will not understand how this is going to make things worth. I have nothing that I am aspiring for. Nothing. Nothing makes me want to wake up in the morning anymore. Sometimes, I can honestly say that if I were to die in a car accident, it would be relief.

12-04-2007 10:20 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Could you possibly tell your dad everything you just wrote here? Fair enough, it doesn't sound like any sort of reason will actually get through to him, but it might be worth a try. What harm can it do?

Or just do that thing where you get to keep the phone but not have any texting or something. If your dad's an idiot, it may be best for the sake of your sanity to just do whatever keeps the conflict level at a minimum...

Hidden stuff:
12-05-2007 04:07 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:Could you possibly tell your dad everything you just wrote here? Fair enough, it doesn't sound like any sort of reason will actually get through to him, but it might be worth a try. What harm can it do?

Or just do that thing where you get to keep the phone but not have any texting or something. If your dad's an idiot, it may be best for the sake of your sanity to just do whatever keeps the conflict level at a minimum...
He isn't stupid, he just will not listen sometimes and judges way too fast.

I think you are right, I am going to try it.

12-05-2007 10:50 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

holy shit! ur school did all that just cuz u had ur fone in class? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf Wtf Wtf Wtf Wtf Omg Omg Omg
i mean, all our school duz is take it away, for a day or more depending on how many times u'v been caught, wtf thouhg, i cant belive they broke it, the bastards!!!!!!

ok, not sure bout advice....ummmmmm, u really shud like, sue them or sumthing...idk

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
12-05-2007 12:28 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Let us know how it goes... Good luck Salute

Hidden stuff:
12-06-2007 12:16 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Well my grandma is letting me use her phone until i get a new one. It is on the same plan as my phone to it has unlimited texting just like mine. But, my dad says I still can't bring it to school. Basically, i throw it in my backpack and keep it off until he leaves and when he asks i say its in my room.

I don't know how much longer this will last. I still have not gotten a new phone. On friday, my mom let me bring the phone to school and my dad didn't seem to care so I have no idea.

12-09-2007 11:35 AM
knightindarkland Offline
Renegade

that sucks. at my school they go through your phones memory. that's why people take out their batteries when they get their phones taken away. is that invasion of privacy or what? i've never had my phone taken away at school but i do have a password set so when you turn on my phone you have to know the password to do anything on my phone. in otherwords it's locked up.

There was once a time when I enjoyed going to school. . . but those days ended many years ago. . .

School is Hell
12-09-2007 12:30 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

just curious, what kinda new phone u getting?

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
12-09-2007 02:47 PM
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Nokia 666 "Granny Edition" Razz
12-09-2007 10:02 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

rotfl!

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
12-10-2007 10:46 AM
Sweepy The Cat Offline
Rebel

COMPLAIN, they have no fuckin right to take away your property, they use their phones in lesson, steal theirs and leave a message for a phone swap (Probably a little far-fetched and unlikely to work but your right and they are wrong)

'Always hated school. always will hate school'
12-11-2007 06:26 AM
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Sweepy The Cat Wrote:COMPLAIN, they have no fuckin right to take away your property, they use their phones in lesson, steal theirs and leave a message for a phone swap (Probably a little far-fetched and unlikely to work but your right and they are wrong)

you don't revenge for a crime by other crime
12-11-2007 09:30 AM