RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why does school have to be boring?
Ziltch Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
why does school have to be boring?

Hi im new here and I always wanted to ask this. I know most of us are forced to go to school but why does going to school have to be sooooo boring? why can't it be fun to go to school. Why do I have to wake up everyday look at the clock and then go to school all pissed off wishing I could go back to sleep. I think it would be great to go to school and look forward to going there. But God knows that will never happen. Any other opinions?
12-09-2007 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

School is MADE to be boring.
you can change that,it is a FACT,not OPINION
12-09-2007 09:38 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Well maybe if your school is awesme and everyone has their own laptops and everyone passes on ways to get by the harsh network security, you'd have fun... >_>

But I think it's a lot of reasons, mostly being that we're forced to learn things we probably don't want to.
12-10-2007 12:13 AM
Evasion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

That makes me wonder....can teachers really make us stay awake? I mean, if we're not interrupting the class, and we accept the failing grade, why can't we sleep?

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”
12-10-2007 12:17 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Because it defeats the point of you going there. Remember, they're not there just to annoy you and keep you occupied for 12 years or so. They want you to learn because it's the best chance you have of not completely not fucking yourself over. Considering we live in a Capitalist society, essentially we need money for basic necessities, so we need money. Also considering that not all people have other amazing skills in something not requiring intellect, we need to learn to do certain thing. (Pay taxes for example) :/
But yeah, they think its best for you.

And if that isn't a satisfying answer..... you should exploit the school system and get as much knowledge of the known universe of possible to later take control of said universe! Evillaugh

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
12-10-2007 01:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

It's boring because everything has become about passing tests/exams, not about actually learning anything.

I was in a private school that was fun at first. They took us on a lot of field trips and did lots of experiments in class and we could actually discuss things. But later on they ended up focusing more on the tests and telling us what we needed to put more effort into memorizing and all that... that killed all the fun.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-10-2007 06:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OmegaWolf747 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Government schools numb the mind and kill the love of learning. The government doesn't want too many intelligent, free-thinking people who might challenge the status quo.

@silverfang1977
12-10-2007 07:04 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Well 99% of the shit we don't like would be solved if teachers themselves decided what would go on in the classroom.
Remember, teachers hate tests too. All of the retarded standardized shit, etc., is from politicians trying to look good.

12-10-2007 09:19 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

why is school boring? SIMPLE ANSWER: the system is flawed, end of story, tis the cause of every problem with school

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
12-10-2007 10:02 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

ok besides stuff that have to do with individual people/teachers, tho sometimes the system being flawed has a lot to do with that

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
12-10-2007 10:03 AM
Ziltch Offline
Defiant

everyday school just feels the same as if I am having deja vu all the time. I can tell my school is dull because my school gets excited when the lights go out. It was a stormy day and the school lost power and everyone in the lunch room went nuts. Then the lights came on and we were all bummed.
12-10-2007 11:31 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

haha, that doesn't mean its boring. The lights went out in NY and everyone went fucking insane.
And NYC is in no way boring.

12-10-2007 12:42 PM
Ziltch Offline
Defiant

yah your right, but many days when I drive to school I think to myself and say, "Maybe today I will talk like Peter Griffin from Family Guy the entire day." I do things like this just to make everyday seem a little more exciting. Cool

[Image: spartacat.jpg]
12-10-2007 01:17 PM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:It's boring because everything has become about passing tests/exams, not about actually learning anything.

I was in a private school that was fun at first. They took us on a lot of field trips and did lots of experiments in class and we could actually discuss things. But later on they ended up focusing more on the tests and telling us what we needed to put more effort into memorizing and all that... that killed all the fun.
exactly
my school is boring,the only things that i look forward to going to school are seeing and talking to my friends
and my gf.

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
12-10-2007 01:32 PM
Sweepy The Cat Offline
Rebel

It's supposed to be boring, this is my average school day at 'The Brooksbank School and Sports College'

1. Wake up dragging yourself outta bed at 7:30
2. Bus is late giving you a DT
3. Math, how fun (NOT!) with a hippy teacher from hebden bridge (England)
4. Science, even more fun (NOT!) Where Mr (Irish)O' Conell will tell us about chemical reactivity
5. A short break in the wet and cold
6. PE, with an old bastard pedophile teacher making u run about.
7. Lunch, miss DT and head straight for pizza for dinner (With plastic chees), followed by a runabout on the field.
8. German, things are getting even better (NOT!) as you get an after-school DT! Plus, u get arsed for not knowing what a pullover is(Jeez)
9.The last lesson of the day, English, bitchy old teacher who teaches u fuck all by making us copy of the board (How fun)
10. Go home with a bag of sweets

'Always hated school. always will hate school'
12-11-2007 06:23 AM
stevo111 Offline
Rebel

ATXTheKiller Wrote:Well maybe if your school is awesme and everyone has their own laptops and everyone passes on ways to get by the harsh network security, you'd have fun... >_>

But I think it's a lot of reasons, mostly being that we're forced to learn things we probably don't want to.

I have a few ways to bypass the security. I can get onto any website. Im not sure if this thing i used to usewould work for you but PPM me if you want a link. It basically bypasses the firewall.
12-18-2007 07:52 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Evasion Wrote:That makes me wonder....can teachers really make us stay awake? I mean, if we're not interrupting the class, and we accept the failing grade, why can't we sleep?

There's a lot of things we SHOULD be able to do, but can't.

For example, last Friday I was listening to my CD player in class while there was a break. Everyone else was just talking anyway, so I saw no harm in it.

Then the teacher tells me to put it up. I asked him why, said it wasn't interrupting anything, and he replied saying it was the rules, and he'd take it if I didn't.

So there you have it. Some of the rules are simply designed to make school completely miserable. Even if you did listen to music in class, it wouldn't interrupt anything(besides your painful, coma-like boredom).

They make a rule of it, because if there wasn't, everybody would listen to music. Because, let's face it, NOBODY CARES ABOUT BORING SCHOOL GARBAGE. Not that people follow their stupid rules anyway. Even if they actually enforced them, people would find some other way to not listen in class, which makes it even more pointless.

And you can bet listening to the class's loud, retarded conversations instead of my music did WONDERS for my headache. Damn school...
12-18-2007 08:09 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

If it weren't boring, frightening, painful and evil, you wouldn't have to be forced to go.
12-18-2007 08:48 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Will Wrote:If it weren't boring, frightening and painful, you wouldn't have to be forced to go.

Haha, well said!
12-18-2007 08:51 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

STC: sounds like you have a pretty crappy dull day, but

3. Math, how fun (NOT!) with a hippy teacher from hebden bridge (England)
4. Science, even more fun (NOT!) Where Mr (Irish)O' Conell will tell us about chemical reactivity

what do u have against hippies?!?!?!?! and irish?!?!?! Wtf

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
12-18-2007 09:32 AM
Sweepy The Cat Offline
Rebel

I don't really mind the Irish (Love the music and beer) but our Math teacher has a screw loose in her head.

'Always hated school. always will hate school'
12-19-2007 05:04 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Evasion Wrote:That makes me wonder....can teachers really make us stay awake? I mean, if we're not interrupting the class, and we accept the failing grade, why can't we sleep?

WORD!

My French teacher is such a bitch. He does this all the time. Everyday, a couple of students will put their head down, and he always tells them to keep their head up and pay attention. What the hell? I mean seriously, maybe they don't care about their grade. Why is it any of his business? His job is to teach a lesson to the class. Whether they want to learn it or not, that's their choice.

Not only that, but I always find him making the stupidest remarks such as today when he said "I'm Christian, so I'm really nice. Otherwise I'd be cruel". What the fuck is he trying to say? That if someone is muslim/jewish/whatever, that means they're evil?
12-22-2007 11:23 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

chemistry_hater Wrote:[Not only that, but I always find him making the stupidest remarks such as today when he said "I'm Christian, so I'm really nice. Otherwise I'd be cruel". What the fuck is he trying to say? That if someone is muslim/jewish/whatever, that means they're evil?

You should tell somebody about that, it might get him in big trouble!
12-22-2007 11:32 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Cosbydaf Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:[Not only that, but I always find him making the stupidest remarks such as today when he said "I'm Christian, so I'm really nice. Otherwise I'd be cruel". What the fuck is he trying to say? That if someone is muslim/jewish/whatever, that means they're evil?

You should tell somebody about that, it might get him in big trouble!

i would, but I've been mean to him lately and I know he has gotten the feeling I don't like him at all....so if I do that, he'll know it's me. And trouble is the last thing I'm looking for.
12-22-2007 11:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  why does school make writing so boring? craxyguy562 19 10,753 09-25-2014 10:35 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  How boring it is to be in school WhatEvenIsThis 5 3,432 04-01-2014 06:45 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  Schools so boring i could die gulllaksen 32 18,614 01-20-2014 08:33 AM
Last Post: Chanku
  School is a boring piece of shit alexander144 7 11,075 05-25-2012 09:55 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  The work is too boring fish20 17 7,746 04-20-2012 04:06 AM
Last Post: Stadium
  school It is eveyr boring GoldenEveeee 11 3,262 01-16-2011 09:55 PM
Last Post: ~Mystery~
  really boring subjects at school haza 4 2,332 05-08-2007 07:08 AM