RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BULLSHIT
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
BULLSHIT

well at my school if you get 3 lates from any class any time i mean if get a late
one day i get another next month and one at the end of the year you get a detintion
and i'm sure i got my third late today so i'm probably going to get a detintion tomorrow
so SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but if i do get a detintion i'm not going to it

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
12-11-2007 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evasion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

That's better than here, unless you have a late pass from a teacher, if you're late you automatically get a detention. No warning, bam.....detention.

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”
12-11-2007 11:53 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Pretty common really.

I served many detentions, mainly because of tardies.

Let's do the time warp again!
12-11-2007 12:41 PM
The One Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

that is so wierd, this same exact topic got brought up this morning at my school. Half of our homeroom class was tardy and we all got detentions. the detent room tomorrow is gonna be FULLLLLLL

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
- Plato
12-11-2007 01:03 PM
6moredetentions Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

skip detention...
12-11-2007 01:35 PM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

6moredetentions Wrote:skip detention...
thats exactly what i will do if they give me one

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
4.most people are idiots
12-11-2007 01:49 PM
The One Offline
Revolutionary

lol screw that, detentions are fun. Our detent officer is hawt and she lets us talk to our friends.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
- Plato
12-11-2007 02:08 PM
Shuri Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I skipped all of the detentions I received last year for being late, save one (because I trusted my mom and dad would hate the idea and talk to the principal as a result, but instead they forced me into it. I certainly didn't inform them of my detention slips ever again.). I would have gone to all of them, but our school implements morning detentions. I'm not a morning person, and I already had to get up at six o'clock in order to get ready and be at school by seven-thirty, so getting up at five o'clock in order to be there by six-thirty just seemed ridiculous. Luckily, at my school there are so many detentions they never even got to calling my house and telling my parents about them. They basically rely on the kids to do that at this point. Sadly, most of the kids do.

[Image: saladhearts.jpg]
Yum.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
12-12-2007 05:31 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

I always got detentions but our crappy florida schools don't have a way of keeping track of them like ISS.
If you get iss then you get a copy of the referal and your suppose to report to the iss room and give them the copy to know what days you get so all I did was throw the copy away and skip the whole day. The teachers don't know about the iss unless you give the iss lady the copy and detention worked that we had to report to a lady after school so I didn't repot. Laugh

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-12-2007 05:41 AM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

today i didn't get a detintion

FACTS OF LIFE:
4.most people are idiots
12-12-2007 08:38 AM
6moredetentions Offline
Revolutionary

i got 4 detentions...
12-12-2007 08:43 AM
Bob Saget Offline
Rebel

fuck dententions. we dont get em we just get sent straight to the office. and almost all the time we never go, just use the referal as a hall pass and just walk around the rest of the period, chuck it and go on. but if we did and i ever got one, i'd walk out. i dont really give a fuck? what are they gonna do? refer me? same thing! send me home? makes my day easier! so say FUCK DETENTIONS.

IM BOB SAGGET BITCH!!!
[Image: f_sagetsatanm_427bc6d.jpg]
12-12-2007 12:11 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I have a question (since I've only got 3 detentions my whole life)...don't you get in trouble for skipping detentions? If not, what happens? Nothing?
12-13-2007 09:46 AM
6moredetentions Offline
Revolutionary

if u skip dentention they just give u another 1...
12-13-2007 10:15 AM
Towncommoner Offline
Revolutionary

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

6moredetentions Wrote:if u skip dentention they just give u another 1...

My friend once racked up around 70 detentions. He just didn't care. At that point I would just go serve the detentions to sleep all day instead of wasting your time in class.
12-13-2007 10:17 AM
Knobby Walsh Offline
Rebel

My students at the prison get progressive discipline for skipping. First, "cell ice" (locked in their cell most of the day) and/or extra work detail. If they still don't come, they get time in the "hole." It's crazy back there, so I hear.

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they
thought it was hell." - President Harry S. Truman
12-13-2007 10:20 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I understand that you work at a prison and not a school, but I have doubts about some of the prison system's crime and punishment system. Some crimes are probably for a good reason, but I don't like the idea of generalizing everybody's actions like that.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
12-13-2007 10:24 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:I have a question (since I've only got 3 detentions my whole life)...don't you get in trouble for skipping detentions? If not, what happens? Nothing?

At my school, if you skip detention, they suspend you for a day or something.

Yeah, way to reward the badasses.
12-16-2007 09:15 AM