RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Are you apart of the LGBT/whatever community?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ya'll niggas is gay.
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Ya'll niggas is gay.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only straight guy on SS?

Trololol.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
02-28-2011 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re: Ya'll niggas is gay.

Lolno. I'm straight, but am strongly in support of gay rights.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
02-28-2011 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:Lolno. I'm straight, but am strongly in support of gay rights.

As am I.

Blog I post to now:

02-28-2011 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

That's not where the apostrophe goes!

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
02-28-2011 02:28 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Prince Rilian Wrote:That's not where the apostrophe goes!

YOU FUCKING BASTARD. I didn't know that.

Blog I post to now:

02-28-2011 02:42 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Absentinsomniac Wrote:
Prince Rilian Wrote:That's not where the apostrophe goes!

YOU FUCKING BASTARD. I didn't know that.
It's y'all.

Are you be cereal?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

02-28-2011 02:44 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Prince Rilian Wrote:Are you be cereal?

Quite cereal. Quite cereal indeed.

Blog I post to now:

02-28-2011 02:46 PM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Contrary to popular belief...I'm quite fond of women and all the benefits one finds in them.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
02-28-2011 02:47 PM
SuperiorDiplomat Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Vatman Wrote:Contrary to popular belief...I'm quite fond of women and all the benefits one finds in them.
Damn.. What am I supposed to do now? Look for someone else I suppose. lulz

http://www.launchpadmovement.com/ "done as fuck"

Carla, Carla, Carla... You whore.
02-28-2011 05:23 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Pretty much Asexual.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-28-2011 06:54 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I'm not part of any community, but I do enjoy the cock

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
02-28-2011 07:13 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I am straight.
02-28-2011 07:39 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

I'm Pansexual Zoophile-exclusive. I only like the idea of sex, but not sex itself.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
03-01-2011 05:39 AM
SuperiorDiplomat Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Oh by the way I'm straight xD

http://www.launchpadmovement.com/ "done as fuck"

Carla, Carla, Carla... You whore.
03-01-2011 06:05 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I find it odd that it's referred to as a 'community'... like it's a totally seperate culture or some shit. What's up with that? Even if I was gay I would be put off by that.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-01-2011 08:45 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

It certainly does irk me. I mean, fuck, straight people aren't bunched up into a culture or a community just because they like to put dicks in vajayjays. Why should I?

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
03-01-2011 08:52 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Agreed. Same thing with the "black community"...

Blog I post to now:

03-01-2011 09:12 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Agreed. Same thing with the "black community"...

You know the black community label is kind of racist. Rolleyes

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
03-02-2011 05:36 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:

Why isn't there a white community?

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
03-02-2011 08:30 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Because white people don't socialize with their neighbors as much. Laugh

Blog I post to now:

03-02-2011 10:45 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Sociopath Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

Because there's no oppression to unify them.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-02-2011 11:29 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:I find it odd that it's referred to as a 'community'... like it's a totally seperate culture or some shit. What's up with that? Even if I was gay I would be put off by that.
Eh, I don't really buy the whole idea of a perfect symmetry between being gay and being straight which suggests that if something (like having a sense of community) doesn't make sense for straight people, it necessarily doesn't make sense for gay people.

I mean, I don't know about having some feeling of community with every LGBT person ever, except maybe a sense of solidarity in a mostly political sense, but I do for the most part feel more comfortable around other gay people and I don't think there's an inherent problem with that. It might seem like defining yourself too much in terms of your sexuality, but in practice the effect is the opposite of that--if most of the people in a group are gay, then no one is "the gay one", and your being gay isn't treated as the extent of your personality. On the other hand, you also don't have to avoid talking about dating or even just gender atypical interests and stuff because you know that'll be seen as making a big deal about your sexuality even though to you they just seem like anything else that happens. (I'm leaving out obviously hostile reactions here, because for the most part anywhere I've lived it's easy enough to find straight people who aren't like that, but I think that was the major reason there was a "gay community" historically.)

Also, there's the whole thing about how social relationships are normally set up with heterosexuality in mind, like in how, typically, straight women are much more affectionate with each other than with men, and it's considered normal to have very intense friendships without them seeming sexual. (At certain times in history the same applied to men, but not really right now.) Friendly relationships between guys and girls are usually more restrained unless it seems like there's no chance one might be attracted to the other, like for childhood friends or something. So it can be awkward in a certain sense because it's easy for romantic love to come from that sort of closeness and then you feel creepy and you feel like you took advantage of the fact that you can be close to girls in a way guys usually can't.

Plus there's just having things in common, like just being able to know one another's experience without having to explain. Part of this is that growing up feeling different or defective in a certain way tends to shape your character, especially in the sense of being habitually very reserved in which things you tell people. I also think the gender thing plays a role, which is probably actually something most gay people disagree with. But I don't feel like I intuitively understand most straight girls in the way they seem to understand each other, and I don't act entirely like a guy either. (And I'm not saying all straight people are really gender-typical, just that in general they are.) It's just kind of hard to have close friendships with people when you're always guessing at what they mean by things and you don't understand anything they do, and I don't feel like I understand most gay people either I guess, but most of the people I do feel really connected to are gay.

As for the subcultural thing specifically though, there are gay subcultures even if there's not really a singular one.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 03:39 PM by magikarp.)
03-02-2011 11:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ur all gangsta hatin niggas gangstarebel 8 1,544 08-09-2009 11:22 PM
Last Post: Fire Elf