RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My teachers are a goldmine of stupidity.
Jordbaer Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
My teachers are a goldmine of stupidity.

Hello, SS. I haven't been around in a while because I haven't had much free time this school year. Why, you ask? Well, about 85% of my time is taken up by a crazy woman known as my history teacher. She just doesn't know when to stop. I am drowning in homework for her class every night. It's just... I don't even know. She makes weekends and breaks miserable by piling the homework on as thick as she can, so I never get a break from history.

I have her again next year too... She's killing me. School is killing me. It has been getting worse lately, and I've just been feeling pretty bad. Some of my friends do a pretty good job of keeping me from going postal, but there's only one person who actually makes me feel better, but she's graduating, so next school year is going to be even more awful. I'm in my sophomore year, so I've got two more years of this shit, and I don't know how I'm gonna handle it. I just feel hopeless at times. Interestingly, my mom is backing me up on this whole thing, even though we never agree on anything.

Anyway, that's not the point of this thread. I wanted to tell you guys about some of this history teacher's rants. She has a habit of going off onto angry rants. Usually, they are about nothing, but sometimes, they're noteworthy.

--

1. "No one even cares about history anymore. I feel so unwanted. Maybe I'll just retire. Young people these days don't even care about school! All you care about is passing and getting out!"

She's constantly ranting about teenagers and young adults. Her own daughter is apparently a horrible person for being satisfied with a B on an exam. Sorry, but not everybody has a passionate interest in history. Some of us only like specific parts. Some of us don't even care at all. Doesn't make us awful. And hell yes, all I care about is passing and getting out.

2. ((directed at a friend of mine)) "You're dumb because you're a sophomore."

My friend left a section on a test blank a while back, and the teacher had a fit. She blames EVERYTHING on our age, like she was never young herself, or all teenagers used to love school back in her day. Well, she was 16 in the late '60s, so maybe all the teenagers were stoned hippies or something. (I think school would be a LOT more fun if everyone was high as a kite!) If you don't memorize all the names of kings in France 400 years ago, it's because you're a "stupid teenager."

--

She's not the only teacher that goes into stupid rants. She's just the one who does it the most often. Most of my teachers actually really, really hate teenagers. Here's a gem from another teacher, who is very vocal about her hatred of younger women and teenage girls:

I have one class with my senior friend, whom I mentioned briefly above. One day, our teacher told her out of nowhere that she looked gross. (And trust me, she couldn't if she tried!) Everyone was pretty shocked at this random outburst.

Friend: Well, I've suffered through 13 years of this school crap, so I should get to look however I want, "gross" or not.
Teacher: YOU THINK IT'S SUFFERING TO GO TO SCHOOL WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE KIDS IN THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES WHO CAN'T WHY DON'T YOU STUPID KIDS VALUE EDUCATION

Umm... She just told a 17-year-old girl with low self-esteem that she is ugly, and there's nothing the girl can even do about it because this bitch is the teacher. And she thinks we don't suffer at school? Hell yes, we suffer. We suffer because we're placed in the control of disgusting people such as this "teacher," who uses her position of authority to criticize a very pretty girl for no reason other than that the teacher is probably bitter about getting old.

I really hate my teachers. I really, really do.
03-01-2011 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
Re: My teachers are a goldmine of stupidity.

What bullshit... couldn't you, maybe, refuse to do anything and, consequently, be moved to a lower level class?

Welcome back.

[Image: glorious666.png]
03-01-2011 11:44 AM
Jordbaer Offline
Rebel

Not this late in the year, unfortunately. And no matter what I do, I'll have the same history teacher next year since she teaches both 11th grade history courses.
03-01-2011 11:57 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Secretly film her to get her fired, if you want her gone so bad.
03-02-2011 02:17 AM
Josky Offline
Rebel

...sorry, gotta do this.

"No one even cares about history anymore. I feel so unwanted. Maybe I'll just retire. Young people these days don't even care about school! All you care about is passing and getting out!"
History is important, provided it relates to anything important. How much sugar was imported in 1869 isn't really important now. And take my word for it, your retirement will be a happy day.

"You're dumb because you're a sophomore."
A stereotype. Just because one sophomore (or whatever) is a redneck, retard, or wigger doesn't mean everyone else it.

Friend: Well, I've suffered through 13 years of this school crap, so I should get to look however I want, "gross" or not.
Teacher: YOU THINK IT'S SUFFERING TO GO TO SCHOOL WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE KIDS IN THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES WHO CAN'T WHY DON'T YOU STUPID KIDS VALUE EDUCATION

That's true, she should be able to dress how she pleases. Individuality should be encouraged, so long as you don't look so slutty that you'd take it in the ass for a Happy Meal. And no, suffering in school is when teachers treat students like unintelligent animals and force us to respect them when they consider us to be worth less than a spider's kidney stone. And, trust me, if you force someone to respect you, then you've probably lost their respect forever. And many of us don't value education due to how the worst people are hired to force it upon us.

What else did they say?
03-03-2011 11:22 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Josky Wrote:Friend: Well, I've suffered through 13 years of this school crap, so I should get to look however I want, "gross" or not.

I can't stand it when they say shit like this. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GONE THROUGH THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, THEN DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING OPINION.

I enjoy history, its fun to see how it repeats itself in modern context. And even though I'm completely against war and military, I find the world wars somewhat fascinating. But not everyone likes it.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
03-03-2011 11:40 AM
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Elfy Wrote:
Josky Wrote:Friend: Well, I've suffered through 13 years of this school crap, so I should get to look however I want, "gross" or not.

I can't stand it when they say shit like this. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GONE THROUGH THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, THEN DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING OPINION.

I enjoy history, its fun to see how it repeats itself in modern context. And even though I'm completely against war and military, I find the world wars somewhat fascinating. But not everyone likes it.

I like military history. But no assignments, and I would NEVER want to work for some History job.

And yes, you wouldn't ask ME for MY opinion on ballerina classes. Because I wasn't there.

War is stupid.
03-03-2011 01:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Middle School Teachers v.s. Highschool Teachers Falsalm 6 5,726 01-01-2014 04:15 PM
Last Post: Falsalm
  The sheer stupidity of ID's Stadium 19 6,966 01-10-2012 10:56 AM
Last Post: Stadium
  The stupidity of teachers RandomTroll 4 2,752 09-19-2011 01:10 PM
Last Post: flann
  Referals Of Stupidity HeartofShadows 95 23,129 03-09-2011 02:19 PM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  Stupidity యూజర్ పేరు 3 2,339 05-28-2010 09:00 AM
Last Post: యూజర్ పేరు
  Stupidity spreading like the Flu Psionicsavior 22 7,068 12-14-2006 01:57 PM
Last Post: Guest
  General Stupidity Guest 9 3,435 12-07-2006 01:51 PM