RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Students
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: United Students

darthmat Wrote:I understood it. D:

But I took your joke and made something useful out of it. >[

You chump! Nobody makes anything useful out of MY posts!

I'll show you...
04-17-2008 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

*CHARGES UP MA VULCAN DEFENSE LAZERS*

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
04-17-2008 09:11 AM
bringdownthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

bringdownthesystem Wrote:Sorry if I haven't been here guys. I started homeschooling and became discordian and other things...sooo...I MAAAY be around.

Alright. Now following that, I've moved back to my old state and am going to start school again next year. Currently school is out though, it is summer...but I don't know other's school schedules, but I would think everyone else is almost about out as well? Either way, I will be jumping back on board to get you all organized and the like since no one has any idea what their doing currently it seems, only ideas. As school is ending though, should we go ahead and start getting issues made and kept somewhere, so that when school starts again we can unveil them and have some back issues to print for a few months?

"For those who believe, no explanation is nexessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
[Image: cheekstab.gif]
06-03-2008 03:32 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

"Untied Students. Together we study, united we fail." I know that that is absolutely retarded. But I am just saying we should make a slogan, to emphasize what the paper is about.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-03-2008 09:10 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

I lol'd @ that.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-03-2008 11:31 PM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

"United Students: Where mountains come out of the sky, they stand there."

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-04-2008 06:21 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Does not flow.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-04-2008 06:31 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

*siiiiiigghh* Fine. I'll just tell Yes that their lyrics are not suitable for online ezines...*sulks*

"United Students: Something to teach you while you're being 'taught'"

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

06-04-2008 06:51 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Oo good one, it makes you think somewhat to understand the tautology.

06-04-2008 06:56 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

"United Students:You laugh and fall, we smile and rise!"

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-04-2008 06:07 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

"United Students:Jack of schools, king of the rest"

"Olly Olly Oxen Free!" (It's a game played by children in the old days. Olly Olly Oxen Free is like saying Home Free! in 44 home or something.

"Problem teen? Not a chance!"

06-04-2008 06:14 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:"United Students: Something to teach you while you're being 'taught'"

This one has a nice ring to it. Maybe it could be changed a bit... like
"United Students: Something to learn from while you're being 'taught'"

Though it doesn't sound as cool.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-05-2008 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragon boy Offline
Rebel

hey how about the fact that each year the teachers come up with lame excuse to make students work harder.foe ex:

YR 1: 'Your not in Kindergarten anymore so stop being so childish. It makes you look like a baby.'

YR 2:'Your almost in year three and the work is going to be a lot harder so stop being so lazy and learn something.'

YR 3: 'Come on! Your about to have your basic skills test and if you don't listen you won't know your times tables.'

YR 4: 'You do know that your going to have to do another basic skills test in year five, right? You know how hard the first one was? Well this one's going to be a lot harder.

YR 5: 'Your almost a senior now. Start acting like one. You don't see year six's playing up. Besides... You have recess and lunch to do that.'

YR 6: 'Your seniors now! Your about to go into high school and if you don't listen you won't be prepared and no one willl help you.'

YR 7: 'Your in high school now. Your supposed to be more mature. Pick up the pace or you'll repeat the grade.'

YR 8: 'Your about to leave middle school. It's going to get a lot harder in year nine you know. SO PICK UP THE PACE PEOPLE'.

YR 9: 'Your not really in high school yet and I can easily make you repeat the grade.'

YR 10: 'Your in the exams now. If you don't do well you'll be flipping burgers for the rest of your days.'

YR 11: 'Okay, now's where this gets serious. This is the study year. If you don't pay attention, do what we say and do all your work you won't do good in year twelve and then you'll end up with a dead end job for the rest of your life.'

YR 12: 'Your about to leave school. We won't be able to help you for much longer so you should start working harder on your own and get used to having no suport'.

NB: Yeah... You realize that these sayings of teachers are all bullshit, huh? btw dont worry about repeating that can only happen by missing too many days of school or when the parents wish for you to repeat

bacon shall dominate
06-09-2008 04:06 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I'll start writing some articles, I suppose. We need to get this going because it's being largely ignored as it is now. We need some structure, but I'll write a few articles anyway and you fine intelligent people can find somewhere to stick it (and no, 'up the ass' wasn't what I was getting at).
07-24-2008 09:39 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Give me a subject and I'll write something on it. Also. How 'bout a weekly rant? Each week we write what pissed someone off that week.

07-28-2008 04:58 PM
Revolutionary

I like it. However remember that if we want any approval or at least not a full banning and shutdown of the paper within our individual schools we will need to not curse or be openly racist/offensive. We can state what makes us angry etc. but in a controlled manner, so when others read it they don't see the stereotypical rebellious teenager with no logic behind his thoughts/actions.

Unless those are some things you want to portray in your individual school, and so perhaps we can have articles of that nature filed separately to pick and choose from?

Rizor, I see we have all these ideas from various people, perhaps we should start deciding on and compiling them into the project...where are we at so far?

"For those who believe, no explanation is nexessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
07-30-2008 02:04 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Rizor, I see we have all these ideas from various people, perhaps we should start deciding on and compiling them into the project...where are we at so far?
Well, we have a blog where people can post what they write... all we need is for people to write stuff.
http://united-students.blogspot.com/

PM me if you want me to add you as an author so that you can post stuff. Smile

PS: Even a badly implemented and half assed project that you actually started is better than a perfect one that never gets off the ground. Biggrin

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
07-30-2008 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Soul: You can add this to any site, and use it in any way. Wherever it is appropriate.

Why I Feel Sick When I Walk Into Math Class
By: Darthmat

The following is a true story. I once walked into my 3rd period math class, and felt a little queezy. It was only for a second, and then passed. I get that way when I do something I really don't want to. So what's so bad about math class? I happen to like math, especially word problems that involve logic. However, in math, we were learning problems that went along the lines of
x+4*3=6x/3x-12+2
This was extremely easy for me, besides the fact it is a simple problem, we learned this last year, and had been working on this kind of problem for weeks.
So, as you can see, I was wasting my time sitting in my cramped desk, doing problems I've understood for a year. This was a forty-five minute class, which is average. But that's not the problem. The problem is I was sitting in my desk for forty-five minutes working on something I already understood. I could be doing something far better; like something constructive, educational, or even fun. Tedious repetition is not my idea of any one of those things.
So the reason I feel sick when I go into math class because that's forty-five minutes of my life I will never get back. We don't have an unlimited time on this place, and we should make the most of it. We shouldn't be wasting our time on frivolous things like this.

07-31-2008 07:27 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Yayz! First actual post!

Hidden stuff:
07-31-2008 07:41 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Yay! I feel speeshul! Biggrin

07-31-2008 07:43 AM
Revolutionary

Great start! We can have a section for stories when the edition comes out, however many short ones we have room for etc...

Ah...see we just needed to get a place to work from?

07-31-2008 02:01 PM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

You could use my "Teenage Wasteland" article that I wrote a while back. I won't charge that much.

-Prince

08-01-2008 01:51 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

How much? Laugh

Hidden stuff:
08-01-2008 05:59 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Hmmm...ordinarily, I charge about $5 per use...but all things considered, probably only $3.50. I'm in a good mood.

-Prince

08-01-2008 09:42 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Y'know what? Fuck it. I'm not getting anywhere with the one I'm working on right now. But I have another topic that's better for now so I'll work on that.
08-02-2008 08:01 AM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Can I get involved with this?

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
for the times, they are not a-changin'
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
for the times, they are not a-changin'
- Ryan Harvey
08-04-2008 12:50 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Of course. Smile

Just write an article about school/youth rights.

08-05-2008 07:31 AM
dreamer... Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

You can use what I wrote on Why Bribery Doesn't Motivate if it's relevant enough...
08-05-2008 08:03 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:You can use what I wrote on Why Bribery Doesn't Motivate if it's relevant enough...
Yay, second post! Biggrin

Hidden stuff:
08-06-2008 05:58 AM
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey soul you shold advertize this forum so it lives!!!

Napalm Sticks To Kids
08-08-2008 11:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  United Students- LET'S GO! schoolhater234 4 2,341 06-28-2008 06:46 AM
Last Post: schoolhater234
  United Students (Archived) Guest 76 12,265 02-13-2008 03:48 PM
Last Post: bringdownthesystem