RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sad sad story
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Ya only get in trouble if ya get caught. Wink

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-24-2008 05:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

You just reminded me of a similar incident I had around that age, maybe younger.

I was in the toilet, and I couldn't close the tap and some kid a little older than me walks in, and tells me I'm not allowed to leave until I close it. That's all I can remember lol but I was scared.

A more interesting memory, was when I threw my food into the garbage bin because I didn't want to finish it, and a kid told the teacher. Then the teacher forced me to take it out and eat it Omg
01-28-2008 03:48 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

that can't be legal.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-29-2008 06:03 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

psychopath Wrote:You just reminded me of a similar incident I had around that age, maybe younger.

I was in the toilet, and I couldn't close the tap and some kid a little older than me walks in, and tells me I'm not allowed to leave until I close it. That's all I can remember lol but I was scared.

A more interesting memory, was when I threw my food into the garbage bin because I didn't want to finish it, and a kid told the teacher. Then the teacher forced me to take it out and eat it Omg

For your second story, I wanted to post a reply with a smiley that gives a VERY strange look (at the situation) but there is no smiley that can actually be the exact same as my face right now, that's how much of a strange look I'm giving to the screen. What a jackass teacher.

I remember one time in the 6th grade, there was this guy who was eating chips, and all playfully I put my hand in there and took like the smallest chip. He made the BIGGEST deal out of it, went and told the teacher and everything. Then the teacher called me out of the class, and made my cry SO much. It was humiliating.

People like the one mentioned in the first post of this topic, have no life.
01-29-2008 07:14 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I've always hated school since kindergarten
even at 6-7 i thought it was a waste of time but
not to a large degree like now.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
01-29-2008 07:41 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

--monkey666-- Wrote:I've always hated school since kindergarten
even at 6-7 i thought it was a waste of time but
not to a large degree like now.

I actually liked school in kindergarten, and 1-4 grade......after that.........................it began.

haha, that sounded weird.
01-29-2008 07:44 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

yea at those grades it was like oh well it's fine but still i didn't like order over me.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
01-29-2008 07:55 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, I know. It's like, you don't have the energy to be there and you lack motivation. I know I do. I'd rather spend one month in prison than go to school for the same amount of time. Hey...at least you can go to the bathroom anytime you want.
01-29-2008 07:57 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:A more interesting memory, was when I threw my food into the garbage bin because I didn't want to finish it, and a kid told the teacher. Then the teacher forced me to take it out and eat it Omg

You should have sued the teacher. That's just... Yuck

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-29-2008 11:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i would have whipped a lunch tray at the kid

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-29-2008 11:36 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Can you post something that doesn't begin with "I would kill..."?
01-29-2008 11:37 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i didint say kill, i said whipped. adn thats not all i think about, i would have spit in her coffee,told the office, put garbage on her desk and tell her to eat it,say no,walk out of school,ect.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-29-2008 11:39 AM