RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Vegetarian!
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: Go Vegetarian!

fist_of_doom Wrote:
liq3 Wrote:
undergroundrevolutionary Wrote:vegetarians are causing global warming

plants inhale co2, a major greenhouse gass, and exhale pure tasty oxygen. Animals inhale oxygen and exhale oxygen. Stop eating the things that are saving our earth!!!!!
Yes, because cattle don't eat grass Rolleyes
Most cattle are grain-fed, but the idea is right. That's actually even worse because grass-fed cattle could (potentially) be raised in areas where grass will grow but most crops won't.

I can find a link later if undergroundrevoluntionary wants it, but a vegetarian diet usually uses both less land and less fossil fuels than a "regular" diet.
Yeh basically.

I remember one argument that most of New Zealand can't be farmed. I don't see why they can't have cattle all over the unfarmable land, and grain or w/e over the farmable land.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
07-15-2008 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

About green house effect, maybe use a bike?

http://gobinu.deviantart.com/ (trying to make it busy).
07-15-2008 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

i've kinda missed the previous conversations and arrguments, and im in a rush so im not going back to check, but as of now, i just want to lend my support to whatever cause or idea that the title of this thread implies.

GO VEGETARIANS!!!!! (and vegans...)

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
07-28-2008 11:21 AM
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

as a monk we eat only veggies...

Napalm Sticks To Kids
08-06-2008 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Sanjuro Wrote:as a monk we eat only veggies...
What about fruit?

Epic win book.
08-06-2008 01:31 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
Sanjuro Wrote:as a monk we eat only veggies...
What about fruit?

yeah! fucking homophobe

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
08-07-2008 09:23 AM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

for all your vegetarians out there: go to a mirror and open your mouth, do u see those sharp teeth? they are called CANINES...they help u tear and cut MEAT... imo humans are more carnivores than omnivores... think of what u eat everyday : sandwiches (mostly with meat: salami, bacon etc), pizza (most with meat: bacon, chicken, fish etc), barbecues (often meat) and the list goes on. Meat comes in many more different flavours than veggies and that's why there are more ways to cook meat.
08-09-2008 11:15 PM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

I am getting sick of arguing here, still I hope at least one person will turn vegetarian. We eat meat everyday cause nowadays meal have to be easy to prepear, eaisly appease hunger (high kcl and so on), and it have to be easy to chew so you won't get tired. Meat have no smell, no taste so to make it eatable you have to use salt, spices all that stuff (not good for you). To digest meat we need to microelement, and vitamins, since you eat in mourder king and McDonalds I don't think you eat it with vegetables (not one carrot or small salad but 5 times more than meat). Meat is filled with anger and agression (dying was not easy for the cow you eat). Meat is not bad in generall but way you eat it is for sure and it is not nessesery for you to live. All guys with allergy, say thanks to your parents cause probably you started eating meat to early, (or you have been drinking cows milk) microelement vitamins which are needed to digest meat were taken from your body so your immune system is simply weaker than it sholud be.
If you are not eating meat with vegetables it simply won't be fully digested so it will be rotting in you which highers your chances of getting cancer and so on.
Quote:go to a mirror and open your mouth, do u see those sharp teeth? they are called CANINES...
Since killing is no problem for you do quick test. Kill your cat/or dog (it is ok to kill neighbours) than try to eat them RAW first chewing skin with fur than try insides. As for me they work best for apples... There is something called tatar in Russia, Poland - easter europe countries, it is raw meat which you usualy eaten with lots of vodka. Still it need spices and is carefully checked wheter it is clear. To all interested, read Michal Tombak's "How to live 150 years" and others.

Mourdered animals will take their revange on you, happy dying in pain...

[Edit]
Why the fuck you think there are more ways to cook meat than vegetables?
Quote:think of what u eat everyday : sandwiches (mostly with meat: salami, bacon etc), pizza (most with meat: bacon, chicken, fish etc), barbecues (often meat) and the list goes on.
despite the fact I am trying not to eat bread I'd eat it with soya, redish, tomato, chease, olivary nucleus, paprika, capers etc. etc sometimes I think some of you knows only tomatoes causeketchup is made of them...
Quote:pizza (most with meat: bacon, chicken, fish etc),
Again you have never heard of spinach, and things above.
I am getting about 5 bucks/ 3 euros everyday for lunch and I am going to vegetarian restaurant and they have so many dishes and for 5 bucks I eat enough not to feel hungry till supper maybe another breakfest. If you eat meat it is ONLY because you are lazy bastard without imagination, ahhhh I feel better now...

08-10-2008 12:04 AM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

ahahahah Laugh i like your point of view but (the part with killing the neighbours pet and eat it raw omg it cracked me up Giggle )... if u read again my post you will notice i only said some facts that are true in the current world that we live in... i didn't say i eat meat from breakfast till supper Biggrin no... actually i dislike meat that's cooked from it's raw state to a more eatable state, and also dont like milk (well maybe i do, with cereals Razz)
08-10-2008 06:11 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Quote:if u read again my post you will notice i only said some facts that are true in the current world that we live in...
Ok, man still for me none of them was as you said "true fact", in "my world" cannies are not used to chew meat, I don't eat sandwiches with meat, I don't do BBQ, and I know much more vegetarian dishes than based on meat, so for me you were simply lying. Not eating meat is nothing hard, I simply can't see the difference, and I want people to stop killing and show there is better way. Just to be clear, for me eating meat is killing but people are mostly not responsible cause they know very litle about sloughter houses and stuff like this but so we have to open their minds. When I was a kid (real kid like 8 years old) I run to scare a pigeon and I did it it flew straight into a car and just poped infront of me I could see its fear in HIS eyes and I watched him dying, in stores you only get piece of meat that doesn't resemble anything but truth is that it is always conneted with pain and probably you wouldn't eat it if you had to kill it. The more you know the more barbarian it seems to you, watching smiling, fat bastards, loughing at party eating dead animal. Teenagers in mourderkings doing same thing all that hypocrisy in churches about love, in school about morality, people who when see wounded/sick animal can say only it is disgusting. Uhhh.... I am far from being perfect myself but I cn at least see it.

08-10-2008 06:33 AM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

As we know, humans evolved from an omnivorous species, the primates. At the moment we see them as animals, we treat them as animals. When you look on Animal Planet, you see animals (mostly CARNIVORES) killing other animals, for survival.

Humans are nothing but animals with a developed brain. We still eat meat, like our ancestors did, only that in the current society we just cannot hunt them anymore. It's not normal for us anymore. Instead we developed a way to still be able to eat meat (those who wish) in different ways than animals do. Instead of hunting, we breed them and slaughter them as you say for our own personal use. We do not go in the woods to hunt chickens, cow, pigs. The animals at the slaugherhouse have no "life" like a wild animal has. Look at the Zoo, animals are brought there for us to observe them in a habitat close to their natural one. The animals had a life before they were brought there, they lived free, doing whatever nature does best: surviving. It's what nature is suposed to do.

Beeing an Omnivore is like beeing a Bisexual. In my oppinion all people are born bisexual, but once you grow to a certain age, you decide for yourself if you either want to continue to be Bi or just one side: hetero and homo/lesbian. You chose to be a vegetarian, other people chose to be carnivores and other are still in the middle - omnivores.
08-10-2008 07:04 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Quote:You chose to be a vegetarian, other people chose to be carnivores and other are still in the middle - omnivores.
First of all thing there is no human that could eat only meat, that leaves vegetarian and omnivores. If you would eat only meat you would be dead in a month. Second thing "for survival" is good, since we have brains we don't need meat for survival. And you want to be animal or human. Choosing first case don't whine if somebody kills you, or rather slightly before you die (animals do it all the time). I can see two choices (both ways we are equal to animals)
a)we breed animals for meat why not people?
b)we stop killing both
Or maybe third as a superiors to animals we look after them and don't kill them but people can mourder themselves as a thinking creatures who are responsible for themselves.
Or like this, you have free will/right to live as long as it doesn't interfere with others BEINGS free will/right to live. So you can't choose to be carnivore in my understanding as long as you want to have your rights. As I said previously I am not as strict about killing free animals who had live long enough but in that case we sholud leave our mother earth alone and simply leave as one of animals.

[Edit]
I have a huge mess in my head so I am gonna write it like this.
We destroy/kill, our selves, animals, plants. Our wars, pollution, all bad things we do. We are monsters, still we think about humans as a superiors. My point of view is like, we are equals with other beings so eating them "is not cool".

08-10-2008 07:20 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Heh one point that is pretty much unbeatable...

We are the only things on the planet that cook meat. Every other animal eats it raw. I'd like to see you go and shoot a cow in the head, then using only your teeth, eat it. You can't. You don't have the teeth or jaw power to do it. Now, if we are meat eaters (or even omnivores), why did evolution evolve us with the INABILITY to eat meat raw? Because we are herbivores.

Epic win book.
08-10-2008 01:45 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

SIMPLE: we. are. omnivors. ok? SO: it is not completely unethical to eat meat. BUT: omnivours dont have to slaughter to survive, we are the highest develouped species, we have a large amount of free will, and so we above all other things on this planet should try to avoid killing when we obviously dont need to!

i am not upset with people eating meat, it is their choice, but theres the kicker, its a CHOICE, and i hope that more and more people make what i think is the better choice, and choose to go vegetarian. im not saying vegan, chikens lay eggs no matter what, and cows NEED to be milked, or they'll die. there are certain animals that actually cant survive on their own. (namely farm animals, like the ones i just mentioned) BUT it doent mean that we need to keep them to kill them. we can farm cows and chikens for food, the type of food that doesnt require murdering them.

now, this brings me to another subgect, and that is HOW animals are killed. i think it would bring down the "badness" of the whole business about 100 times if when people do choose to kill animals for food, they actually do it with some concious thought of the lives they are taking. im not going into details, and im sure most of the ppl here have seen articles or videos pertaining to the horrible things the meat industry does. (if you havent do me a favour and get educated Google) i dont mean to bring religion into this at all, but kosher meat is the only kind i know of where the animals are humanly treated. they are taken care of amazingly well, due to the fact that meat is unkosher if the animal is harmed in anyway. and when it is finally time for it to die, it feels no pain at all. another good thing is that because of this method of slaughter, the meat is incredibly more healthy.
most unkosher meat is pretty damn bad for you, if not just because of the toxins released into the body (or the MEAT) when it is murdered in pain, but also all the hormones and chemicals and crap they do to the animals to, when it all boils down to it, make more money.

also, if you truly dont care about the animal, how about the enviroment and your own life? cows are one of the top most producers of methane, as in, BAD FOR ENVIROMENT, GLOBAL WARMING issue. and guess what? if humans left the biological makeup of these poor creatures ALONE, then they wouldnt produce that harmful gas. but no, we ahve to feed the cows hormones and steroids and OTHER COWS.

ok i could go on about alot more, but i want to get back to reading manga...

and btw, i usually try to avoid being rude to other users, but stephen: wtf! ok A) obviously you've never even looked at a cook book. B) haha canines, again, omnivores, we have canines, and aside from having toher uses anyway, we can choose not to use them for flesh. me of all ppl, i have abnormally sharp teeth, especially my canines, i've had many ppl ask me if i've gotten them sharpened. i find raw meat quite appetizing, and fresh blood. when i wasnt a vegetarian, i used to eat meat as raw as my mom would allow. its all rather ironic. but anyway, i dont think its bad of you to eat meat, but if you're going to start debating you're point, have some real facts to back it up. most meat is actually quite unhealthy, at least the way we prepare it.

basically, main point is, WE HAVE A CHOICE! and morally, i think, its better not to murder living, breathing, creatures by the thousands and then feast on their deseased flesh and innards...

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
08-17-2008 02:28 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

cryptevah72 Wrote:dont mean to bring religion into this at all, but kosher meat is the only kind i know of where the animals are humanly treated. they are taken care of amazingly well, due to the fact that meat is unkosher if the animal is harmed in anyway. and when it is finally time for it to die, it feels no pain at all. another good thing is that because of this method of slaughter, the meat is incredibly more healthy.
You really believe the animal does not feel pain? Bull. Shit. There is no way people can get it right with exact precision . And just because the label is there, does not mean animals were actually kept properly.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-17-2008 09:23 PM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

what about fishes ? nobody mentioned them... and some people would eat fish instead of chicken/cow ... why? because in a way they look inferior to chickens and they don't seem to suffer ? or maybe because fish meat is healthier... and fish are way too numerous and way to easy to raise for food than chickens/cows
08-21-2008 07:14 PM
.xstrike-anywherex. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 21 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Stephen Wrote:for all your vegetarians out there: go to a mirror and open your mouth, do u see those sharp teeth? they are called CANINES...they help u tear and cut MEAT... imo humans are more carnivores than omnivores... think of what u eat everyday : sandwiches (mostly with meat: salami, bacon etc), pizza (most with meat: bacon, chicken, fish etc), barbecues (often meat) and the list goes on. Meat comes in many more different flavours than veggies and that's why there are more ways to cook meat.

I believe humans are naturally omnivores but I also believe humans in industrialized society have the power to abstain from participation in a corrupt and cruel industry, and choosing to do so can be beneficial.

Step into my twisted reality

[Image: churchsign.jpg]
08-23-2008 03:24 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Stephen Wrote:for all your vegetarians out there: go to a mirror and open your mouth, do u see those sharp teeth? they are called CANINES...they help u tear and cut MEAT... imo humans are more carnivores than omnivores... think of what u eat everyday : sandwiches (mostly with meat: salami, bacon etc), pizza (most with meat: bacon, chicken, fish etc), barbecues (often meat) and the list goes on. Meat comes in many more different flavours than veggies and that's why there are more ways to cook meat.
They are also useful to cut things like potato, apple, banana...etc.

Hehe, keyword there. COOK. All fruit can be eaten without being cooked, and a lot of veggies can too. Humans are the ONLY animals on the planet to cook their food. I'd like to see you eat a steak raw.

Cooking food is unhealthy. People only do it because they don't know any better.

Epic win book.
08-23-2008 07:07 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Well... What if we engineered chickens, cows, fish, ect. that didn't/couldn't feel/think? would that be immoral all in itself? Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should, but it also doesn't mean we shouldn't. I have no problem with vegans, vegetarians, omnivarians, carnivores, or anything else you could come up with. I could care less if people ate each other, but don't go around killing people for food. I mean, look at sharks. They can eat people. Some do, but that's it, it's what they do. So we have a choice, make it, and move on. For me, morality is the one thing that set's us away from "animals". If they have that, they are people, in my eyes at least. But all creatures think, in one form or another, but just because we are different makes us no better, no worse. We just are. No offense to anybody, but just because a book tells me I'm superior to all other creatures doesn't mean I'm going to take it for gospel. (Sorry, no real better analogy I can think of) Sure, I eat meat, I like it. That's my choice, I don't care if there is a reason to become vegetarian, although if I tried I probably could, but the taste, texture, and general feeling I get from eating meat are just too good, and to me, to... right. This whole thing started off innocently enough, why has it turned into a all-out war with no sides and fewer rules? Sad

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
08-23-2008 08:05 PM
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

tl;dr

vegetarian thread, eh ?

[Image: double-ba-burger.jpg]

Jesus backwards sounds like 'sausage'. =D
08-23-2008 08:10 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

man... I'm so hungry too... Curse you! It's not that it's a burger, but it's HUGE!

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
08-23-2008 08:16 PM
Pinko Offline
Renegade

Zstriker Wrote:man... I'm so hungry .. it's HUGE!
Fag

People give up their lives for many reasons.
For friendship, for love, for an ideal
And people kill for the same reasons.
08-24-2008 04:40 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Darthmat Wrote:
cryptevah72 Wrote:dont mean to bring religion into this at all, but kosher meat is the only kind i know of where the animals are humanly treated. they are taken care of amazingly well, due to the fact that meat is unkosher if the animal is harmed in anyway. and when it is finally time for it to die, it feels no pain at all. another good thing is that because of this method of slaughter, the meat is incredibly more healthy.
You really believe the animal does not feel pain? Bull. Shit. There is no way people can get it right with exact precision . And just because the label is there, does not mean animals were actually kept properly.

i never said that its always done right, just that the way kosher meat is supposed to be slaughtered, if done correctly, the animals doesnt feel pain. sometimes it is, sometimes not. bullshit? if the fact that the animal doesnt struggle at all when its killed isnt enough, there are more technical studies that show that if "shechted" correctly, the animal really doesnt feel pain, even in a mental way. humans are differant, if you were to kill a human, they would be scared, know what was going on, and whether they actually FELT the physical pain or not, it would be an unpleasant experience. animals dont really know whats happening i guess, though they are not ignorant, they truly dont feel the pain. you know how sometimes when you get a paper cut, or cut yourself on something VERY sharp, it takes a while for you to realize, because it doesnt hurt at first? well its the same thing, just by the time the message gets to the brain that there is pain, the animal is alredy dead.

now im not saying that everyone should start killing animals like this, im still for not murdering at all. but at least if you're going to kill to eat, to it in the most humane way possible

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
08-29-2008 05:10 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Ok, so sometimes people slaughter animals and they feel less pain.

The odds that this is done perfectly are very slim.

But in the end, you still end up with a dead cow. Smile

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-29-2008 06:41 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

its ethical reasons,i still say they should just shoot them in the face,get that shit done with quick

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
08-30-2008 11:58 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

cryptevah72 Wrote:But in the end, you still end up with a dead cow.

exactly, so you shouldnt kill at all!

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
09-02-2008 12:33 PM