RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the have to fear?
Zombie Offline
Revolutionary

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
What does the have to fear?

Pain is to tell us when something is harmfull, but a spirit cant die, nor harmed, so how could satan toture us. how could anything bad happen to a lifeless soul. and if there is no bad people to fear, then whats the point of heaven and hell?
01-22-2008 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Re: What does the have to fear?

Zombie Wrote:Pain is to tell us when something is harmfull, but a spirit cant die, nor harmed, so how could satan toture us. how could anything bad happen to a lifeless soul. and if there is no bad people to fear, then whats the point of heaven and hell?

How do you know a spirit can't be harmed? Not that I believe in Hell but still, there's really no way of knowing.
01-22-2008 10:39 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

There's a Hell, there's a Hell. And a spirit may not be able to harmed, but the Bible says a new body able to withstand Hellfire but will still feel the fire will be fashioned for sinners.

So in a way, I have pwned you.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-22-2008 11:18 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Satan and his followers can only affect us while we are alive. At the day of judgment, The ones that had died will get their bodies back and come back to life and rise from the earth to heaven (temporarily). All the angles(cherubs, serifs, "living creatures," demons) and humans that ever lived will be gathered together in heaven and everything they ever did will come to light. All the angles who fell will be thrown into hell. The entire human race fell but the ones who accepted God's Son as a substitute will be spared because their punishment has all ready been paid for. In hell the rest of the human race will pay the price of every wrong thing they ever did.

Also remember that the people in hell will get their body back just like the people in heaven... so the pain would be the same as it would feel right now, if it would be possible to feel it now. It won't be Satan causing it either, he will be punished there with all the people and angles he caused to fall with him.

*EDIT* I saw an "s" missing at the end of a word....

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
01-23-2008 04:46 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

That pretty much sums it up, big words though.

01-23-2008 04:50 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

there is no such thing as hell, or a soul.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-23-2008 09:35 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I could argue with you about it for my entire life and we'd get nowhere, but there is a Hell and I know even more so there's a Soul.

01-24-2008 08:07 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

evidence, pass it up

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-24-2008 08:08 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I don't have physical evidence only the testimony of fellow people.

Can you prove they don't exist?

01-24-2008 08:09 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

to this point there has been no physical evedence of a place calld hell or a soul, or energy evidence. msot people say" well most felt it in my soul" when your in a high energy environment or are deprived of something like sleep or have a malfunction in the brain,ect blah blah blah this can alter your perception of reality, and when you die your brain releases DMT wich is a powerfull powerful wich causes visions,noises,ect.

01-24-2008 08:13 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

That's nice.

01-24-2008 08:15 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

now whats your evidence of hell/soul?

01-24-2008 08:18 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I have no physical evidence and the "evidence" I present will probably be disregarded by you, but I have in a way "felt it". I've felt a lot of things. A lot of things. Every time I go to church I feel something.
The first thing I felt was a deep fear though, and that fear was fear of Hell. I don't expect you to understand, and I can't right describe these feelings fully in words but I know they are proof.

But just so you know, just because there is no Scientifically canonical evidence to support these spiritual matters doesn't mean that counts them out. As far as I know there is none to disprove them either.

01-24-2008 08:23 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Every time I go to church I feel something.
The first thing I felt was a deep fear though, and that fear was fear of Hell. I don't expect you to understand, and I can't right describe these feelings fully in words but I know they are proof.

Ive had that fear when i used to go to Church,i mean nobody wants to be told about a place where your tortured for the simplest things, but once again in a high power environment ,that could alter your mind. to you its proof,to me it isn't. but for the sake of the argument lets say it is proof, then proof there is a god along with that.

01-24-2008 08:27 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

It wasn't a mindset, it was more of an emotion.

I dreaded the thought of dieing and going to Hell in and out of Church.
I felt it whole intervals between Church and I have 2 weeks between each service. It's not a medieval frightening tactic. Those were more of a horror movie to the people who heard them. They described the horrors in a detailed way but I see none of that in my Church. A good theory to be sure, but I feel it has fallen somewhat short.

01-24-2008 09:01 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

things can become ingrande into your mind, liek the beleif in god

01-24-2008 09:02 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I doubt, in my mind, every so often. I think:
"What if God really isn't real? What if the world really is what Science says?" But then I remember what Science doesn't answer that religion, especially Christianity and it's forerunner Judaism, has been answering since the dawn of man.
That question, I sadly, cannot describe with the English or probably any other language.

01-24-2008 09:07 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

because back then there was very little science and understanding in the average human

01-24-2008 09:09 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:"There's no God, you can't prove it."

"Yes there is, you can't disprove it."

There might or might not be one, and you can't prove it either way Laugh

And yeah, all that hell stuff creeped me out as well for a long time. But not in a good way. It didn't evoke any good feelings whatsoever in me, so eventually I just shrugged it off. I don't care about hell or afterlife things, if they exist, great, but if not, I'm going to do what I think is best either way, regardless of whatever "rewards" may or may not exist. They shouldn't affect what I do with my life.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-25-2008 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

therenagadeoffunk Wrote:things can become ingrande into your mind, liek the beleif in god
Also like the belief that there is no God.
01-25-2008 05:39 AM
Quote this message in a reply
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

indeed.

01-25-2008 05:44 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Quote:There might or might not be one, and you can't prove it either way
There is, it just depends on what premises you accept as true. For example, from a scientific perspective, God could be proved* to exist if there were long-term studies on phenomena that could only be acts of God.

*Nothing can be proved. I used proved to mean "the thing that currently is the best match for the data."
01-25-2008 06:03 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2415000
MY response to this. Objection style.

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
02-16-2008 01:30 PM
Zombie Offline
Revolutionary

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Im saying, whats the point of all these rules that "god" made, and with heaven and hell? Whats the point? if we cant be harmed, how come we fear Satan? how come god kicks him out of heaven and sends him to hell? Pain cannot be endured by spirits, because pain is essential for survival, and survival only. But a spirit does not have a living body, and therefor has no need for all these survival functions. Just as a spirit would have no gender, cause they have no need to reproduce.

All the things said about spirits in the bible, I just don't see a point in.

So like I said before. Whats the point? You guys are debating whether or not the bible is real. while I am presenting my argument to that debate. This thread was not meant to discuss the entire debate, but to discuss my one argument.

Who are the brain police?
02-21-2008 11:14 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Maybe there's some sort of spiritual pain... since physical pain would make no sense like you said.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-21-2008 09:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

God just dosent exist. thats all i can really say without going on for hours maybe l8tr

Had to move on. Account is dead.
03-31-2008 07:42 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Zombie Wrote:Im saying, whats the point of all these rules that "god" made, and with heaven and hell? Whats the point? if we cant be harmed, how come we fear Satan? how come god kicks him out of heaven and sends him to hell? Pain cannot be endured by spirits, because pain is essential for survival, and survival only. But a spirit does not have a living body, and therefor has no need for all these survival functions. Just as a spirit would have no gender, cause they have no need to reproduce.

All the things said about spirits in the bible, I just don't see a point in.

So like I said before. Whats the point? You guys are debating whether or not the bible is real. while I am presenting my argument to that debate. This thread was not meant to discuss the entire debate, but to discuss my one argument.
You realize even though what you have said may be true to a point in the Bible it says you will have a body made for you when you go to Hell. One that can withstand the heat for all eternity so that you can feel the burning forever too.

04-01-2008 12:17 AM
randyhart Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

What sort of God would hold a Gun in one hand and a bowl of Oreo biscuits in the other?, It doesnt make sense. No "Loving God" would damn people for all eternity because they don't get down on their knees for him.

If I do Die and I'm wrong I can tell you: All My friends will be in Hell and most of the celebrities that are awesome, I'll be sticking My melting hot Middle fingers up at Heaven. I'd rather spend eternity there than a place filled with Bigots,Reformed Serial Killers,Evangelicals and Westboro Baptist Church.

`Better to Reign in Hell than Serve in Heaven'-Paradise Lost

The World seemed to all make sense but that sense seemed to slowly fade now in 11th grade
04-01-2008 08:21 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Let me tell you something. God is an omnipotent being. He isn't some "guy in the sky" or anything. He is all knowing and all powerful god.

Now, wouldn't you want to trust, and possibly learn from, your very creator. Not to mention the fact he has infinite wisdom.

Besides, I like Oreos a lot better than headshots with a gun. Because if God would use a gun, he'd make headshots.

04-01-2008 10:14 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Zombie Wrote:Pain is to tell us when something is harmfull, but a spirit cant die, nor harmed, so how could satan toture us. how could anything bad happen to a lifeless soul. and if there is no bad people to fear, then whats the point of heaven and hell?
Satan doesn't exist. Makes it hard for him to torture us. Heaven nor hell exist. Yes, I'm incredibly anti-Christian (the religion, not the people who believe it).

P.S. Who edited my post? ...Oh wait, it's more censorship stuff. Religion!

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
04-01-2008 11:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The end of the world or the mindset of fear? Miller0700 10 3,522 12-08-2012 11:53 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Do you fear it. SilenceXEmotion 54 14,029 05-06-2010 11:26 PM
Last Post: AWOL