RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
justice and greed
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
justice and greed

Is there really justice in the world?

everything is unfair because of peopels greed for there own benifit. If we gave a little and lived fairly we would have the perfect world and we would all gane what we had back and more. Im not talking about the cheep ass way thing the goverment calls justice. In the world some ones always steped on. lets say theres a murder trial. and the murderer gets a life sentence. everyone thinks all is good and done but what about the murderer? did he ever get equal opertunitys in life no. he had a cause to kill someone because everyone in the world wants everything for there self, and will do whatever it takes. It wasent his fault that someone had pushed him over edge. because maybe if the person he had a problem with would just give a little the murder would never happen. My point is the world is ran by greed someone will always win. and if we just let go our greed there would be no wars and no powers.

But why cant we stop our need to be better then the other and have it all?

Had to move on. Account is dead.
03-31-2008 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dreamer... Offline
Pariah

Given 5 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Re: justice and greed

--monkey666-- Wrote:Is there really justice in the world?

everything is unfair because of peopels greed for there own benifit. If we gave a little and lived fairly we would have the perfect world and we would all gane what we had back and more.

Seems like you answered your own question here...and I would agree, the world is definitely unjust.

--monkey666-- Wrote:But why cant we stop our need to be better then the other and have it all?

maybe this is just human nature? Being greedy is a lot easier than being generous, and people like to take the easier way out.
03-31-2008 07:42 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

You have a point, when your an authority you can just go with greed and take the easyway out
I guess since were so consumed in our greed we cant even trust echouther and be generous even that being generous would give you and the world more then greed could ever give.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
03-31-2008 07:46 AM
Double Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I don't think humans have a hard time being generous, there are lots of people donating money (even though I think the money doesn't always arrive) and many rich people have given away their whole fortune because they felt it gave them nothing. But I guess one answer is: Why be generous when you can have more?
03-31-2008 06:58 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

So you think murders should be able to walk the streets?
Listen noob, there are sick demented people pout there who will kill people for no reason. There are people out there who have killed random people they didn't even know!

And yes, the world is unjust. But I don't see how stating nearly unchangeable aspects of human nature will solve anything. We need to work around these obstacles for a better world and not grovel in self pity.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
03-31-2008 10:07 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:So you think murders should be able to walk the streets?
Listen noob, there are sick demented people pout there who will kill people for no reason. There are people out there who have killed random people they didn't even know!

And these people need help, not to be treated like shit for the rest of their lives. Actually, even the people who murder for a better "reason" need help, because something pushed them to that point in the first place. So I think humanity would improve a lot if we got rid of prison completely and replaced it with mental hospitals (for the really demented ones), and supportive helpful places (whatever that'd be called) for everyone else. People need to understand why what they did was wrong, not just be punished for it. That might make a few vengeful people feel better, but it doesn't solve jacksquat.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-31-2008 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

As long as they never get to walk the streets and have a chance to do it again I am all for it.
Nobody who kills another for anything except self defense should be able to be in society. It's not worth the risk to people who haven't done those things.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

03-31-2008 11:33 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Nobody who kills another for anything except self defense should be able to be in society.

What about accidents? And what about people who are genuinely sorry for what they did? (Yeah, I know, it's hard to tell for sure, but still).

But I agree with the original post. Most of this could be avoided if people were less selfish.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
04-01-2008 12:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I think I can answer this.

Because people are scared. Then they have children. They then teach their children that their are thieves, murderers and people that offer them free candy when really they just want to kidnap them. So the kids become scared. The fear consumes the kids. Now this is the funny part (well not really). These kids that are scared, sometimes end up so scared, they become thieves and murderers. This creates an endless cycle of fear.

You can replace fear in that paragraph with a lot of words. The real root comes from change. It's a fear that applies to everything. People are scared of change, of the unknown. They're are scared of losing what they have, scared someone will come and take it away. They don't seem to realise they don't own it to begin with.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
04-01-2008 03:29 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:These kids that are scared, sometimes end up so scared, they become thieves and murderers. This creates an endless cycle of fear.

You mean like with gangs and stuff?

Hidden stuff:
04-01-2008 04:06 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

--monkey666-- Wrote:Is there really justice in the world?

Sometimes.

Quote:everything is unfair because of peopels greed for there own benifit. If we gave a little and lived fairly we would have the perfect world and we would all gane what we had back and more. Im not talking about the cheep ass way thing the goverment calls justice. In the world some ones always steped on. lets say theres a murder trial. and the murderer gets a life sentence. everyone thinks all is good and done but what about the murderer? did he ever get equal opertunitys in life no. he had a cause to kill someone because everyone in the world wants everything for there self, and will do whatever it takes. It wasent his fault that someone had pushed him over edge. because maybe if the person he had a problem with would just give a little the murder would never happen. My point is the world is ran by greed someone will always win. and if we just let go our greed there would be no wars and no powers.

Easier said than done. And even if we got rid of greed, we'd still have some problems left.

Quote:But why cant we stop our need to be better then the other and have it all?

If we get rid of all those with that competitive spirit & greed, and make a species of robots and humans, yeah.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

04-01-2008 04:30 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:These kids that are scared, sometimes end up so scared, they become thieves and murderers. This creates an endless cycle of fear.

You mean like with gangs and stuff?
Those too.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
04-02-2008 12:19 AM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

NiteRaidah Wrote:
Quote:But why cant we stop our need to be better then the other and have it all?

If we get rid of all those with that competitive spirit & greed, and make a species of robots and humans, yeah.
we don't need to get rid of greed but rather control it and channel it in a good thing

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
04-02-2008 12:34 PM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

Avenger Wrote:
NiteRaidah Wrote:

we don't need to get rid of greed but rather control it and channel it in a good thing

You caught the sarcasm there, right?

Other than that, I agree with you.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

04-03-2008 05:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "The Greed Dilemma" Miller0700 2 1,870 01-19-2013 08:31 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Justice Prevails Again aaaaaaasd 7 3,686 04-17-2011 12:22 AM
Last Post: genuine anarchist
  Just 'dis justice again. TheDelinquent 12 6,921 10-28-2008 11:55 AM
Last Post: TheDelinquent