RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Rules Kids Won"t Learn In School" List
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
"Rules Kids Won"t Learn In School" List

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/kidrules.htm

Here's my comments:

1.Well, no shit. But maybe it would be a bit more fair if people DIDN'T get used to it? There's more solutions to a problem than just immediately giving up, ya know.

2.School was supposed to care about my self esteem? What kind of kind of school did the person who made this list go to? I dunno about the rest of ya, but nobody gave a shit about my self-esteem back in elementary school! And when does school ever try to make you feel good about yourself without accomplishing anything? Weren't these the people that invented the "Get good grades or you'll be a bum on the streets" motto?

3. Yup, because all children expect to become millionaires and care about fashion, it's a proven fact, he totally didn't just pull a gross generalization out of his ass and call it a rule.

4.Yes, because all teachers are nice and kind, and all bosses are crazy and sadistic, this one's a proven fact too. Like I said, where did this guy go to school?

5.Uh huh, becuase everyone who ever lived has had to work form the bottom up as a burger flipper unless they're rich.

6.I thought responsibility was about being given freedom and being trusted not to screw up? Looks like I'm worng again! Silly me, how could I debate with these unbreakable rules of life?

7.Your parents became boring becuase they decided to get married and have kids, thus putting themselves under a ridiculous amount of work and gave up trying to have an enjoyable life, so now they take it out on you. Go clean your room, punk!

8.Once you get a job, you might as well give up having any more joy in life! You need that money to survive, and you need to survive unhappily because....well, you just do!

9.Nobody except morons watch TEEVEE anymore cuz it sucks so much ass so I'm not even going to bother with this. How old is this list, anyway?

10. Only be nice to people you think you might have to suck up to in the future, to hell with everyone else!

11. As bad as things are now, life can always(and usually does) get worse,and no matter what you do you're probably going to regret it anyway, so why not just kill yourself right now? According to the maker of the list, it's only going to get worse, so why stick around?

"You're welcome."

The pleasure's all mine!
01-23-2008 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Cosby, it does say "humor".
01-23-2008 02:33 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Cosby, it does say "humor".

I know, I was being sarcastic too. I'm bored.
01-23-2008 02:34 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Oh.
01-23-2008 02:36 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I got that same list by email claiming to be written by Bill Gates. I also made some sort of rant reply type thing. I guess it is fake after all Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-24-2008 04:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I hate people like this who say that real life is worse than school and that you have to learn to deal with it. If life sucks that much for people who get through school, I don't want to live. Or maybe this just shows that school isn't helpful. Also, as we're paying to go to school, why should it be so bad as real life?

That said, he's right for anyone who actually wants to do school.
01-24-2008 05:25 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

My friend got me this for Chanukah.

[Image: schoolsucksmag-huge.jpg]

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-24-2008 05:39 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Good one Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-24-2008 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

As much as I hate that fucking bunnyrabbit.... Rocket

It's right.
01-24-2008 06:56 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Yes

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-24-2008 08:26 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Funny stuff.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-24-2008 08:51 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Laugh god this site is nuts Biggrin
01-24-2008 09:27 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

*Gets out hard alcohol*

Lets drink to our shitty world and worthless lives..

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
01-24-2008 10:07 AM
X Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Yeah that is bill gate propaganda, my teacher had that posted in one of her classes in 9th grade

[Image: joker.jpg]
01-24-2008 04:44 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Yeah, be nice to nerds like me, peasants. You never know...

Seriously, in the future, of one of those assholes from my old school were working for me, especially those traitors, I'd make their lives Hell. I'd pay them only peanuts no matter how good the job position, I'd labor them into breaking something...Heh heh heh... Evil Mwahaha

I'm a vengeful person. A VERY vengeful person.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
01-26-2008 01:43 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

though i hate steryotyping of any sort, I LOVE NERDS!!!!!!!! (well sometimes, i seem to always get stuck with them)

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-27-2008 12:17 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

cryptevah72 Wrote:though i hate steryotyping of any sort, I LOVE NERDS!!!!!!!! (well sometimes, i seem to always get stuck with them)
Yup. Laugh

01-27-2008 12:19 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

darthmat Wrote:
cryptevah72 Wrote:though i hate steryotyping of any sort, I LOVE NERDS!!!!!!!! (well sometimes, i seem to always get stuck with them)
Yup. Laugh

Me three, dunno where'd I'd be without nerds. Most of the so called nerds I know are good friends.
01-27-2008 12:23 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

most of the nerds i knew had crushes on me and followed me around a bit stalkerishly

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
01-27-2008 12:35 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

cryptevah72 Wrote:most of the nerds i knew had crushes on me and followed me around a bit stalkerishly
Deen? Joey?

01-27-2008 12:37 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

A. u speled "deen" wrong, dufe
B. wtf no, but kessle....
C. ur a jerk for using names

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
01-27-2008 12:38 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

=/

They never go one here, and you just used a name.

01-27-2008 12:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Teacher Leaves Wife, Kids for High School Student UnschoolShqiponjë 20 12,531 03-03-2012 04:30 AM
Last Post: Levio_Sah
  Do kids in your school care about their rights? .Manicrose. 8 3,227 11-26-2011 09:27 PM
Last Post: Efs
  IRC #School-Survival Rules KitsuneSefam 58 5,342 01-06-2009 10:07 AM
Last Post: liq3
  RFID to track punk school kids SoulRiser 6 1,997 01-17-2006 11:31 AM
Last Post: Rebelnerd