RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-Parts Hunter
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
O-Parts Hunter

I was in the manga section at borders, and just randomly picked up this manga. First page was that excerpt page in Sk's old sig, and the person on the front was one of Zero's old avatars. It's a fairly good manga, and I'll probably start collecting it after I finish reading Azumanga Daioh The Manga Omnibus (A book compilation of all four volumes). And a fact. The author, Seishi Kishimoto, is the younger twin brother of Masashi Kishimoto, the author of yep, you guessed it, Naruto.

Overall,however, if you are a fan of the genre, O-parts Hunter (also known as 666 Satan in Japan) is a definate read.

Oh, and so is Azumanga Daioh if your into comedy-type comics. Biggrin

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
01-30-2008 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I love you so much!!! This is one of my favorite mangas and you're the first person I know that actually reads it too! Its so fucking awesome, everybody that reads mangas should read it. Though, the ending completely sucked, everything else about it rocked.
01-31-2008 08:45 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

I read the first volume at Borders, and when I get money, Im getting my ass over there and buying all the volumes they had. I think they had up to 3, but they said they're going to restock on it soon. It's true, Seishi's artwork style is so very similar to Masashi's, because he often looked at Masashi's ideas and reflected that to make his own style. I took a naruto volume off the shelf, which was about to shelfs above O-parts hunter (alphabetical ya know) and looked back and forth between the two for a while. They do have apparant similarities, but i'd say they are different in so many other ways. Pretty awesome. I'll read it all, even if the ending sucked.

01-31-2008 10:10 AM
cp Offline
~crazy~

i just started reading this yesterday. its really good.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein
[Image: new.gif]
01-31-2008 10:13 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

WildFire Wrote:I read the first volume at Borders, and when I get money, Im getting my ass over there and buying all the volumes they had. I think they had up to 3, but they said they're going to restock on it soon. It's true, Seishi's artwork style is so very similar to Masashi's, because he often looked at Masashi's ideas and reflected that to make his own style. I took a naruto volume off the shelf, which was about to shelfs above O-parts hunter (alphabetical ya know) and looked back and forth between the two for a while. They do have apparant similarities, but i'd say they are different in so many other ways. Pretty awesome. I'll read it all, even if the ending sucked.
There are some similarities but that's to be expected. They grew up together and were both influenced by the same stuff, plus they probably drew together as kids. So its only to be expected that there are some similarities to their style.
01-31-2008 10:17 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

There's a journal Masashi does occasionally in some volumes. n their prefecture, they have a tradition when babies turn 1. The parents tied rice cakes to their back and put three items in fornt of them: Money, a paint brush, and a calculator. Seishi went for the paintbrush, while Masashi greedily snickered and grabbed the cash. Also, apparently they tried drawing on the walls with their own doodie.

Odd children they were. Laugh

I also looked for that Death Note novel, but they didn't have it. Oh well. At least ym manga collection widen as I add more. That small cabinet holding my ones so far is getting too small. WEEEEEEE!!!!! Biggrin

/brief moment of hyper happiness.

01-31-2008 10:28 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

WildFire Wrote:There's a journal Masashi does occasionally in some volumes. n their prefecture, they have a tradition when babies turn 1. The parents tied rice cakes to their back and put three items in fornt of them: Money, a paint brush, and a calculator. Seishi went for the paintbrush, while Masashi greedily snickered and grabbed the cash. Also, apparently they tried drawing on the walls with their own doodie.

Odd children they were. Laugh

I also looked for that Death Note novel, but they didn't have it. Oh well. At least ym manga collection widen as I add more. That small cabinet holding my ones so far is getting too small. WEEEEEEE!!!!! Biggrin

/brief moment of hyper happiness.
What funny kids. Laugh
01-31-2008 10:47 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

I bet their parents are mighty proud Biggrin

02-01-2008 05:19 AM