RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got a new idea
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
I got a new idea

I know this has been said many times by many people before, even I have said something very similar to it. Either way, here it is again.

I have recently decided that growing up and being a teenager would be a hell of a lot easier if school was not a part of it. Think about it, say you are 14 and you have your first real heartbreak and guess what, you have to go to school the next day.

What a nice thought, You are feeling lower than low and you still have to get up early and go to a shitholy and get tormented by people you wish you never had to see again.

Sounds great doesn't it? Of course many will argue that work is the same way. However, with work we are not only older, but we also call a lot more shots in our lives.

Doesn't this piss you off? I know I would trade going to school for a huge number of things that I do not really like doing in m life.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
02-12-2008 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Almosthere Offline
Renegade

Re: I got a new idea

Ultimately, attending work is better then school because no one tells you Where to work, you can choose any job you like assuming you have the credentials and the drive to work. If your self employed or you work in a position where your employers need your happiness and motivation to succeed in their own ventures (say a rock star who needs to be in a creative mood in order to produce music), you can even negotiate your schedule on your terms.

I believe strongly in finishing what i

one of the most interesting differences between school and prison, is that prior entering the second, you are read your rights. The less you know the better.

'Why is it that every time you open your mouth, you say something to annoy me?'
'With all do respect sir, i could ask you the same question.'

[Image: 8a21bd064d.gif]
02-12-2008 03:54 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

And you get paid at work. And if you feel really shit one day, you can call in sick without having to get your parents' permission or have a doctor's note. And you don't need your parents' permission to quit, or get a different job somewhere else.

The thing with school is that a lot of adults make the false assumption that nothing that happens in teenagers' lives is meaningful or worth anything, and that studying and schoolwork should be the "most important thing" because nothing else matters. It's completely ludicrous to think like that.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-12-2008 05:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

That it is, but for whatever reason, that very logic is accepted as the social norm. If we so much as go against it, as adults, we'll be blown off as bad people, ignorant, or somehow messed up in the mind.
02-12-2008 08:17 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

True. Are you gonna let that stop you though? Evil

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
02-13-2008 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

if you go through something that is really bad in ur life(heart breaks,death of family or friends,etc.)u should act all weird and get the teacher to notice it and get sent to the counsiler and hopefully the counsiler will notice that u can't get educated when something like that has happened and maybe get sent home or something(this is very unlikely to happen,unfortunetly)

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
02-13-2008 11:49 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Or they'll put you on antidepressants. Rolleyes

Hidden stuff:
02-13-2008 09:32 PM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:Or they'll put you on antidepressants. Rolleyes
unfortunetly that's what they do alot of the time,when really u need a hug,someone to talk to and to be at home.

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
02-14-2008 04:20 AM
David B. Offline
Renegade

It's only bad when you have no one to talk to - at least thats how it tends to work in my case. It would be the same both ways if you felt lonely on all fronts. Feeling down at school isn't much different from feeling down at home. It's just one of those issues that will feel horrible regardless.
02-14-2008 04:42 AM