RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Problem with School: The Social Aspect
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Another Problem with School: The Social Aspect

It is almost impossible to not have to interact with people in school, and communication isn't a bad thing. But when socialization is forced it turns into a problem.

Some people love interacting with other people. Others, hate it, or even fear it. At school, there are people who can do lots of damage to people. Bullying has caused A LOT of people to commit suicide, or harm themselves. This is not something you usually hear about on the news or on the radio (SS knows about this, but whatever). The kids that get bullied, are also highly likely to be they type that doesn't like to talk or share their feelings. This means that these things aren't taken care of if the victim doesn't tell anybody.

What does this have to do with school though? The kids that are being bullied most likely hate this place, and it is like hell for them. But guess what, school is FORCED! If the victim can't find an alternative (the parents can't homeschool, the child can't change schools, the child or parents do not know about alternatives, the parents won't let them alternative, etc.), then they are stuck there. Not only are the kids stuck there, schools rarely have the ability to deal with the bullying.
03-10-2011 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Another Problem with School: The Social Aspect

You have a bad day at school?

Suddenly everyone wants to talk to me and piss me off.

War is stupid.
03-11-2011 01:31 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

They always say shit about "if you want to be here, then you have to follow the rules." But you're not actually allowed to leave.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
03-11-2011 02:59 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

As of this point in my life, socializing at school is just a habit I've formed due to not being allowed to bring my Gameboy SP to school, which contains infinitely more interesting characters and mechanics than school.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
03-11-2011 05:19 PM
Thade_Chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:As of this point in my life, socializing at school is just a habit I've formed due to not being allowed to bring my Nintendo DS to school, which contains infinitely more interesting characters and mechanics than school.

Fix'd and this.

Though, I do anyway. Pokemon Platinum for the win.

I'm back~
03-12-2011 06:25 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
poop123 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

i left school today during class (said im going to the toilet ) , couldn't take it any longer . but at the end they got me and now im suspended. my school is really strict so it's considered a big deal. i know i'm not wise to leave and not tell anyone about it but sometimes i just dont think about the consequences. people are just making me feel crazy (= ___ =) and so called friends are now all talking about me that i'm some troublesome kid who needs attention which makes me not to bother to even go back to that energy draining place Poop

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.

[Image: scary.jpg]
im the most annoying poop you will ever see. my name will be on every forum >Biggrin im indestructible muahahahhah . be annoyed by my presence
03-12-2011 09:42 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

What do you mean, they got you? How? Where were you?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-12-2011 11:30 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Thade_Chan Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:As of this point in my life, socializing at school is just a habit I've formed due to not being allowed to bring my Nintendo DS to school, which contains infinitely more interesting characters and mechanics than school.

Fix'd and this.

Though, I do anyway. Pokemon Platinum for the win.

No, I meant Gameboy SP. Haven't gotten a DS yet... Might get an XL or 3D though.

03-12-2011 01:30 PM
poop123 Offline
Rebel

Prince Rilian Wrote:What do you mean, they got you? How? Where were you?
zey called me , my parents , and i think they have a cctv video showing me leaving Suspicious

im the most annoying poop you will ever see. my name will be on every forum >Biggrin im indestructible muahahahhah . be annoyed by my presence
03-13-2011 04:59 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

And the "punishment" is that you don't have to go back. Hooray!

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-13-2011 05:26 AM
poop123 Offline
Rebel

Prince Rilian Wrote:And the "punishment" is that you don't have to go back. Hooray!
yep , but its considered a big deal and i think some counselor will want to talk to me . my school is religious and was funded by some nun. they wont let me live anymore xD make me pray or somethin

03-13-2011 05:49 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

poop123 Wrote:
Prince Rilian Wrote:And the "punishment" is that you don't have to go back. Hooray!
yep , but its considered a big deal and i think some counselor will want to talk to me . my school is religious and was funded by some nun. they wont let me live anymore xD make me pray or somethin
What will happen if you refuse to do it? Like, just sit there and not do it, calmly, like civil disobedience.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-13-2011 05:51 AM
poop123 Offline
Rebel

probably call my parents and write my name in the book ( the book thing is like a record of how bad u are or something ) . when we pray we have to have the right position and say it out loud . so i cant fake it or anything. crazy nun people Cuckoo

03-13-2011 06:03 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I've always found staring at the back of my eyelids and letting my mind wander to be infinitely more interesting than listening to A: some teacher drone on about the square route of X divided by Y squared by J and rounded to the nearest thousandth if J is the speed a truck weighing Z tons or B: A random person talk to their friends about how last night was "like, so cool and stuff, he, like, asked me out and, like, stuff" or "totally awesome dude, I asked this one hot chick out and she said yes bro!".

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
03-13-2011 07:57 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Religious zealotry should not be tolerated. Tell them to shove it up their ass.

03-13-2011 01:13 PM
xenoknight Offline
Rebel

The only socialization I ever heard in school was about who was dating who(even when they were working on some project), who kicked whose ass, who fucked who, etc. Basically, a bunch of shit no one cares about. I like being alone anyway.

"We're made of star stuff" -Carl Sagan
"When you're scientifically literate, the world looks much different to you" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
"There is real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality" -Richard Dawkins
03-14-2011 10:35 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:As of this point in my life, socializing at school is just a habit I've formed due to not being allowed to bring my Atari 2600 to school, which contains infinitely more interesting characters and mechanics than school.

Fix'd

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
03-14-2011 10:56 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Blobthe15 Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:As of this point in my life, socializing at school is just a habit I've formed due to not being allowed to bring my Atari 2600 to school, which contains infinitely more interesting characters and mechanics than school.

Fix'd

Once again, no. I kind of like holding my handhelds in public, and my eyes aren't covered by rose-tinted lenses.

03-14-2011 01:41 PM
The Odd One Out Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I have Social Phobia. I cannot stand being forced into a school filled with people everyday. Last year I had a panic attack on assembly and my friend took me to the office. The nurse was asking me so many damn questions about what happened and what the problem was. Can they not realize the damage that school can do to a person that is afraid of it? Do they honestly believe that school is enjoyable for everyone, and that everyone is fine with being crowded everyday? They cannot admit for one second that maybe, just maybe, they're the problem. They are the ones that gave me a phobia that I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. They go on and on about teenage depression and suicide, and they constantly wonder why teens are depressed and committing suicide. If they could just open their eyes and realize that maybe it's the schools that are the problem. Ranting

Every child is born a genius. 9,999 out of every 10,000 are swiftly, inadvertently, de-geniused by grown-ups.
— R. Buckminster Fuller
03-29-2011 09:53 PM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My problem with the School System Batman 4 4,751 01-30-2017 08:30 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Problem with school movies craxyguy562 19 11,193 01-28-2017 07:20 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  many solutions to the school problem actually don't help Mo the jo 9 4,001 01-28-2017 01:23 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  The problem with school - put your sound on! Trekkie_Aspie 10 6,891 01-27-2017 10:07 PM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  My High School: Social Structure. Chanku 10 3,553 11-28-2014 10:10 PM
Last Post: Chanku
  My school loses all of my stuff, pretty major problem. Isaiah_halfstaff 6 2,863 03-26-2014 02:21 PM
Last Post: Isaiah_halfstaff
  I Have Some "Mental" Problem Against School EntityCubed 4 3,232 10-03-2013 06:38 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  What is your social status at school? Luizao876 54 16,549 02-29-2012 05:59 AM
Last Post: Teini
  The Solution To My Social Problem (Probably) EnemyOfTheState 8 3,126 09-24-2011 02:55 AM
Last Post: RaiserZero
  HUGE Problem With School Darthmat 20 4,000 01-29-2008 05:20 PM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck