RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does summer school exist. It retarded. Just because a teacher thinks that im stupid doesnt mean shit. I smarter than half of the people in class it just the way schools teach.
02-27-2008 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Re: WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, move to australia, we dont have that here.

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
02-27-2008 03:08 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

YAY Australia FTW!!!
02-27-2008 04:31 PM
Double Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

OR you could just not go. Biggrin
02-27-2008 05:28 PM
55555 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Xylophone Wrote:OR you could just not go. Biggrin
This.
02-28-2008 12:12 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

It exists because Satan infiltrated the school systems? Cuckoo

It's absolutely beyond me why there's summer school. If you don't do well during the normal school year, what makes the administration think you'll somehow become a valedictorian when you're trapped in a classroom during the summer, with heat, distractions, and a general feeling of irritability on your mind? It makes no sense whatsoever.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
02-28-2008 06:49 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

NiteRaidah Wrote:It makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, but since when does anything the schools do to us have to make sense? After all, "IT FOR YER OWN GEWD HEHEHEHEHE"
02-28-2008 11:37 AM
Gorebell Offline
Revolutionary

They do in fact, believe it is for our own good. Whether they're right or not is another subject entirely, but their heart is in the right place.
02-28-2008 01:02 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Gorebell Wrote:They do in fact, believe it is for our own good. Whether they're right or not is another subject entirely, but their heart is in the right place.
Well, I don't know about your school, but at mine they use it as a punishment. And I'm not too pleased when people punish others and say 'its for your own good.'
02-28-2008 01:05 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Gorebell Wrote:They do in fact, believe it is for our own good. Whether they're right or not is another subject entirely, but their heart is in the right place.

You sure about that? You really think they honestly care about every kid (in their school's) education?
02-28-2008 01:05 PM
Gorebell Offline
Revolutionary

Do you honestly think they sit in their offices cackling evilly and wondering how to make our lives more miserable?
02-28-2008 01:07 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Gorebell Wrote:Do you honestly think they sit in their offices cackling evilly and wondering how to make our lives more miserable?
Yes, actually I do. Razz
02-28-2008 01:08 PM
Gorebell Offline
Revolutionary

I do hope you're joking.
02-28-2008 01:13 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Gorebell Wrote:I do hope you're joking.
No I'm not! They're all against me!!! Of course I'm joking! Razz
02-28-2008 01:19 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Gorebell Wrote:Do you honestly think they sit in their offices cackling evilly and wondering how to make our lives more miserable?

No, I don't think they really care at all.
02-28-2008 01:27 PM
Gorebell Offline
Revolutionary

You're not invited to the victory party.
02-28-2008 02:09 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Cosbydaf Wrote:

No, I don't think they really care at all.

Which is almost as bad.
02-28-2008 04:21 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I think it varies. Some teachers really do care and really do believe that what they're doing is for the best, others just don't care at all either way or they just do what they do because it's their job, and you do get some evil sadistic ones that enjoy causing pain. In my case, I think most of them were the middle group, a reasonable amount of the first group, and one or two sadistic ones. I had the sadistic ones for grade 1 and grade 3. The grade 1 bitch eventually got fired, luckily. The grade 3 one didn't cause enough physical injury or bleeding to get fired, though. There was one other teacher that had a few sadistic tendencies occasionally, but he was tame compared to those other 2.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-28-2008 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Almosthere Offline
Renegade

good intentions don't justify unlawful imprisonment, saddism, mental soddism. Just cause it might 'feel right' doesn't mean it is.

Quote:Do you honestly think they sit in their offices cackling evilly and wondering how to make our lives more miserable?

sometimes i wonder.
SoulRiser Wrote:I think it varies. Some teachers really do care and really do believe that what they're doing is for the best, others just don't care at all either way or they just do what they do because it's their job, and you do get some evil sadistic ones that enjoy causing pain. In my case, I think most of them were the middle group, a reasonable amount of the first group, and one or two sadistic ones. I had the sadistic ones for grade 1 and grade 3. The grade 1 bitch eventually got fired, luckily. The grade 3 one didn't cause enough physical injury or bleeding to get fired, though. There was one other teacher that had a few sadistic tendencies occasionally, but he was tame compared to those other 2.

very true, there are deffinately a few great teachers.

and then there are those who make every attempt to make you fail if you think a little differently than they do.

Summer School would suck. you might have to play their game for a while to get your Grades looking good, otherwise your out of luck. Sometimes you just gotta do what they say :( (just be sure to let them know you hate every second of it).

I believe strongly in finishing what i

one of the most interesting differences between school and prison, is that prior entering the second, you are read your rights. The less you know the better.

'Why is it that every time you open your mouth, you say something to annoy me?'
'With all do respect sir, i could ask you the same question.'

[Image: 8a21bd064d.gif]
02-28-2008 11:54 PM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

In my school district, we use a credit system. That basically means that we have to have enough credits, or pass enough classes, and certain types of classes to get a diploma. For example if I take a year of gym, U.S. History, English 1, and Algebra and pass all 4, I now have one earned credit for the "Physical education and health" category, one for the "social studies" category, one for the "english" category, and one for the "mathematics" category. We need a certain amount of credits in each category (and there are more than what I listed) to pass.

With that being said, in my school district, some people have to go to summer school as a "credit recovery" type of thing, ya know, for failing a class. Here, people who go to summer school don't go because they want to learn and teachers and administrators to make us go because it's out of the "goodness" of their heart, it's simply to get more credits.

And that's what school is about in the Pittsburgh Public School system. It's not about learning at all, it's not about school being a joyful experience, it's about doing work for no REAL pay and getting the fucking right grade, so you can get the credits and get the damn diploma.
02-29-2008 08:18 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

True, true, true.
If you had crappy grades in regular school, what difference will it make when they put you in school again?

woah dude
dude woah
03-02-2008 12:38 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I've considered just slacking the fuck off in school and going to summer school. I mean, easy classes and a fuckload shorter. But that's no longer an option in high school, as you have to pay. In middle school it was free.

K
S
03-02-2008 12:54 AM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

summer school does sound like it sucks though.

how long do you guys get for summer holidays?

private schools, in australia usually finish school at the start of december, whereas public school finish just before the 20th of december, which sucks, cause theyre hardly gettting a holiday.

what about summer school, how long do you have to be there for?

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
03-02-2008 11:53 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

2.5 months.

K
S
03-02-2008 12:54 PM
Mista Conspiracy Offline
Renegade

Where I'm from, summer school is 4 weeks, during July. It can suck if you actually do all the work. But if you "slack the fuck off" then it's actually fun, and you get to meet like-minded individuals. Summer school is also more fun than regular school because the students tend to be more interesting, it's easier, as they strip it down to just the bare 'essentials' (as school should be), and instead of taking the stupid course again FOR THE WHOLE YEAR you get it over with in a month (assuming you pass).

I'm not pushing summer school on anyone, and ultimately it's up to you. But it's not as bad some might think. Of course, it may be different in other places.

I'm talking about high school summer school here, and I think that doing it in middle school would suck. That's just my opinion. They recommended that I go for math in gr8 but I chose not to.
03-02-2008 04:39 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

The problem is when i went they went over everything again, I was ready to pull out the gun and shoot myself. Its that bad. Jezz two hours for two classes wit like a 15 minute break in between. Fuck shit. Fuck that and fuck the goverment WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-02-2008 07:02 PM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Isabel Wrote:summer school does sound like it sucks though.

how long do you guys get for summer holidays?

3 months

Had to move on. Account is dead.
03-04-2008 10:17 AM
David B. Offline
Renegade

I have a nice, yet strict teacher who goes too far on the sadistic sometimes. I believe a lot of teachers truly believe they are doing the right thing, but too many seem to easily justify themselves by being sadistic and disrespectful towards students.

The school system is anchored towards teaching obedience, fear and humility towards higher powers on the highest priority. As a result, teachers feel that they should disrespect students in order to do what they think would creating confident, well rounded, intelligent self-thinking individuals. It saddens me to see how gullible most 'mature' adults can be. I would never take part in an organization that mass distributes fear to the youth of our nation.
03-05-2008 04:49 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

The thing is I had a asian teacher for summer school shes nice but strict as hell. Also im asian and the only asian in the school without A all over there report card. Besides I dont need to be a math genious to go to police acadamy Shooting
03-07-2008 12:31 PM