RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AoC
Double Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: The AoC

Hm.. Lowering or completely removing the AoC would maybe be something good. A person should have enough self discipline not to force themselves on a minor, and also if that's the only way they can "get laid", then they shouldn't at all.

Basically, if you tell a person "No, u can't has", the next thing he will do is go and take it, either to test if there will be a consequence, or to defy the authority that has brought the law over him.

Just to prove that I am 100% right:

[Image: obamayr0.jpg]
04-16-2008 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

the american govt will never lower it as long as there are conservative christian's in the whitehouse......grrrr shitty keyboard!

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
04-24-2008 11:49 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Right.. Age of consent laws aren't going to stop the ones they wanna stop. The one's who break it will break it anyway.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-25-2008 02:59 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

As a wise man once said ' A law that is there to be broken, shall be broken'

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-26-2008 08:05 PM
starfish Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Has anyone ever come upon any good articles or writing about why people are attracted to young people/children? Because the pedophile has become this faceless media monster that just HAS this unstoppable urge to rape your children. I would love to understand the phsyche behind pedophiles. Is it that a lot of them have very low IQs themselves, and thus are unable to analyze their own feelings and actions, or curb any of their urges? Have they chronicaly been forced to take the submisive role in thoughout life, and by using a child they are for once without a doubt dominant? And what about this trend of the sexualy abused later becoming sexual abusers? If you are raped as a child, wouldn't your association to sex be pain, and thus you would have an adversion to it, as well as enough empathy not to want to inflict that pain on others? What does the pedophile feel. Why does he want what he wants.
06-11-2008 02:03 PM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

My understanding of it is that a lot of pedos were molested themselves.

I'm sure there are other things about it to. Media do have a tendency to sexualize kids, particularly females, in order to sell things.

Some people are just evil. They just are. They will do it because they get off on exercising their power over anyone who cannot fight back. That sucks, but it is as it is.

As far as AoC, I remember wanting to get laid as early as 9, but never quite managed it until 15. But my folks gave me sex ed at an early age (12), so I had a good idea as to how to no get someone preggers. I also was with someone my age, but we both were below AoC.

As far as I'm concerned, the issue is "consent." That requires (1) knowledge (2) freewill and (3) lack of coercion and other pressure. If someone knows what they are about to do, and wants to do so, and nobody is forcing (or even pressuring them) into it, then they are "old enough" to consent. The laws exist primarily for the third reason, though also, historically, to control the sexual freedom of unwed females, usually to the advantage of her parents. For the folks on this site, I think that reasons one and two are the most important considerations. For that reason, I think it would be interesting to make the fundamentalists go back to fundamentals: Adulthood starts at 14. This is the Hebrewic (sp.?) tradition, as I understand it. But why, then, stop with AoC? How about things like voting, schooling, and other rights?

I got nothin'.
06-12-2008 03:16 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

There are 20...30 year olds that are not "mature" (whatever that means) enough to understand sex much less hold a healthy relationship with another human being.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-12-2008 09:53 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

aoc back home used to be 14, now its 16.. i blame harper

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
06-13-2008 02:43 AM
starfish Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Doc Johnson Wrote:My understanding of it is that a lot of pedos were molested themselves.

I'm sure there are other things about it to. Media do have a tendency to sexualize kids, particularly females, in order to sell things.

Some people are just evil. They just are. They will do it because they get off on exercising their power over anyone who cannot fight back. That sucks, but it is as it is.

I don't agree
06-13-2008 04:12 AM
TheDelinquent Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I don't believe there is a set age at which a person becomes eligible to consent. Or, if there is, I think it's in the triple digit range.

It would make much more sense to just outlaw all coercive relationship in the first place. It shouldn't matter how old the participants are, at all.

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/why_become.html
http://www.seesharppress.com/anarchismwhatis.html
06-13-2008 07:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

starfish Wrote:
Doc Johnson Wrote:My understanding of it is that a lot of pedos were molested themselves.

I don't agree

Okies. What don't you agree with, and what is your counter-argument?

I got nothin'.
06-13-2008 08:47 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Doc Johnson Wrote:Adulthood starts at 14. This is the Hebrewic (sp.?) tradition, as I understand it.
Not sure what 'sp.?' is, but that's wrong. In Judaism, adulthood, for women, starts at 12, and for men, at 13.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-13-2008 11:31 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

if you can get it up by 14 that should be the aoc

06-13-2008 02:03 PM