RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will it end
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)
Re: When will it end

LOOOOL!!111!!1ONEONE!!111 ME TOOOO111!!!!ONEONE

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
04-18-2008 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rAnx Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Quote:YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT
Quote:Do you think he's said anything to the contrary?
To magic: yes

To thunderstruck: that's not the issue I have with him

And here's why.

Magic, you act as if you've got some sort of entitlement, as if, for whatever reason, the world owes you a debt. Just taking this thread, you rant about how fucked up the world is, how you're unstable and troubled, and how smart you are. You take all of this, and instead of saying what could be done or what should be done, you would rather turn a blind eye to the problems and do whatever you want (which itself suggests a contradictory duality regarding whether or not you actually care that the world is horrible or you just use it as an excuse to do what you want). You act as if despite what people have done before you to make a mess of things, you're only purpose is to satisfy yourself at the expense of others, who, according to you, should fend for themselves as well, even against the criminals of a lawless society. The message that you portray to me is that you want and should be allowed to take the shortcuts in life; to steal, to con, to hurt, and swindle by virtue of your supposed intelligence and hatred for the world.

Formerly Headspace
04-18-2008 11:32 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

You type a fucking paragraph of shit that im not going to read, the first sentenced pissed me off. READ MY OTHER POST NUMBNUTS. I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH YOUR CRAP AND MY OTHER CRAP NOW THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-18-2008 11:35 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Most of the time i come here to complain or vent. Never can talk to anyone at school. Instead i get CRAP FROM YOU
04-18-2008 11:39 AM
rAnx Offline
Revolutionary

magic Wrote:You type a fucking paragraph of shit that im not going to read, the first sentenced pissed me off. READ MY OTHER POST NUMBNUTS. I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH YOUR CRAP AND MY OTHER CRAP NOW THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I'll shorten it. I don't think you know what it means to work for hardly anything.

Formerly Headspace
04-18-2008 11:42 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

And too all the people who give me crap over the TOPIC FUCK YOU.
(really mad:shoots fire out ass)
rAnx Offline
Revolutionary

magic Wrote:Most of the time i come here to complain or vent. Never can talk to anyone at school. Instead i get CRAP FROM YOU
Do you want to stew in your problems or do you want to fix them?

Formerly Headspace
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Headspace, just shut up. You're taking this in the wrong context. He obviously has problems with being forced to go to school, and that's fine.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
04-18-2008 11:52 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Magic is just venting, it's not like everyone who feels a need to rant about something has to come up with solutions for those things. Sometimes there aren't any viable solutions.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-19-2008 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

FUCK I HATE LIFE SCHOOL JUST MAKES IT WORSE
04-19-2008 12:02 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-22-2008 12:21 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

rAnx Wrote:
Quote:they score you on how "applied" or "dillegent" you are (basicly how much a slave you are to it) A smart slave can get a better score but not all smart people are slaves to the school system
If grades were based on intelligence and not work, how would one define "intelligence?" Would one be talking about it in the non-scholastic sense of what an IQ test measures, or is it the knowledge of the subject matter for which one would go to school. In either case it is difficult not to imagine a false dichotomy among the students arising from judgment based largely upon one's genetic predisposition. Those who are disadvantaged would resent the more intelligent children's grades, which without work could hardly be considered "earned." It wouldn't be unlike the social rift between the mother working two full time jobs only to choose between phone service or electricity, and Paris Hilton, who has done and continues to do nothing to deserve her obscenely extravagant lifestyle.

Well, personally I do not believe in grades... I believe in a pass/fail for different skills/fields/topics/knowledge. Everyone can learn, even people with less "intelligence" can learn and get more "intelligence". Either you know what is required or you do not. Pass/Fail. If you fail then come back in a few days and try again. Time should have no affect on if you pass or fail.

If you "fail" a test you should be able to take it again if you know it the next week. In reality, how *much* you learn is not based on how *long* it takes or *when* you know it. Knowledge is Knowledge, whether you learn it before or after you take the test.

As for people resenting others... I suppose that could happen in any system, however personally I think that this whole order of classes, prerequisites, and grade levels are all bunk. You should be able try to pass anything at any time. grade levels / year levels are age segregation, plain and simple, and it works as threat to those that do not comply with the system. The threat of being thrown into a "lower age group" and segregated from their peers... THAT is how the system works, how it forces people to yield... the system's true face.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
04-23-2008 07:37 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Liquid Wrote:
rAnx Wrote:
Quote:they score you on how "applied" or "dillegent" you are (basicly how much a slave you are to it) A smart slave can get a better score but not all smart people are slaves to the school system
If grades were based on intelligence and not work, how would one define "intelligence?" Would one be talking about it in the non-scholastic sense of what an IQ test measures, or is it the knowledge of the subject matter for which one would go to school. In either case it is difficult not to imagine a false dichotomy among the students arising from judgment based largely upon one's genetic predisposition. Those who are disadvantaged would resent the more intelligent children's grades, which without work could hardly be considered "earned." It wouldn't be unlike the social rift between the mother working two full time jobs only to choose between phone service or electricity, and Paris Hilton, who has done and continues to do nothing to deserve her obscenely extravagant lifestyle.

Well, personally I do not believe in grades... I believe in a pass/fail for different skills/fields/topics/knowledge. Everyone can learn, even people with less "intelligence" can learn and get more "intelligence". Either you know what is required or you do not. Pass/Fail. If you fail then come back in a few days and try again. Time should have no affect on if you pass or fail.

If you "fail" a test you should be able to take it again if you know it the next week. In reality, how *much* you learn is not based on how *long* it takes or *when* you know it. Knowledge is Knowledge, whether you learn it before or after you take the test.

As for people resenting others... I suppose that could happen in any system, however personally I think that this whole order of classes, prerequisites, and grade levels are all bunk. You should be able try to pass anything at any time. grade levels / year levels are age segregation, plain and simple, and it works as threat to those that do not comply with the system. The threat of being thrown into a "lower age group" and segregated from their peers... THAT is how the system works, how it forces people to yield... the system's true face.
Wtf
04-23-2008 12:49 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Great i get crap in math lab. He says o get out if you dont get. The thing is he has expectations and shit. He confuses me like hell he says do the problem while he acts asain. Really he does. Hes like idk Chinese something like that(i am part asain,many different kinds). Now he gets mad at me because he calls me and i hate answering teachers questions. It bugs the shit out of me. One time he said that all parents should treat their kids like asain parents. Threating kids when they get a B as a grade. Hes one of those teachers who goes all wacko over his moral values in the middle of a lesson. It waste class time but he yells at us while he talks. WTF I want his ass dead (call the Japanese mafia)
04-25-2008 02:06 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I agree with liquid.

I also don't think the world is fkd up, and I think it can be fixed.

But what I do think is that school is TORTURE.

Imagine somebody is flogging you. Imagine this happens 6 hours every working day. Imagine that you are told the flogging is good for you. Imagine that you are told that you are stupid if you don't get flogged.

That is what it feels like for me. The stress, is so bad, it really ruins you.

I think school permanantly scars people. Even though I can leave school now, and even though I hate it I don't leave it. I tried to make myself leave but I am still stuck with the fear of not being "sucessful". I think this is how I've been permanantly scarred.

It's like something where you are dependent on it even though it abuses you. So it keeps abusing me. School has no mercy. It will kill us. If it isn't stopped it will keep flogging us and when we are on our knees begging for it to stop it will keep going, until we are devastated.

Even when you leave school, you will feel it's damage. The creativity that it has supressed, the freedom it killed and the time it has wasted. If it still exists, it will still attack you, labelling you a drop out or a failure even years after you moved on from it.

What I think we need to do is to keep drop outs and adult ex-anti-schoolers still in the anti-school club. We need respected people on our side too. We also need to stop just saying "school sucks" and give reasons for it.
04-25-2008 04:26 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

I agree with you except on one thing. The world is pretty fucked up. War, self destruction just name a few problems. Those are gonna be hard to fix with a goverment. Remember rich mans ware poor mans fight. I wanna establish a goverment that is perfect, which is not possible because someone will fuck it up. I wanna escape from the world of which i have became disgusted of. The goverment doesnt care all that much about our well being as long as their is still money in the world. I dont see the point of money. Think about money is nothing but an invention of man.
number are an enigma to me as well. Numbers are just representations of the real world. Life is alot like math, there both fucked up
04-25-2008 04:36 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I don't really see anything wrong with war itself. I think it's part of a natural process but that's another story...

You see, I hate the perspective of saying something is fucked up and giving up...

The way I look at it is this. School is a flaw of the system. When there is a flaw, it is eventually eliminated through "natural selection". The bigger the flaw, the faster it is fixed.

Here is an example. If school started killing students(literally) then eventually teenagers might become very rare in the country that these fkd up schools exist. Then, in maybe a decade, there might be no adults present. This could destroy their economy. Their culture would be destroyed. Their society would me demolished. Therefore, they wont get the chance to pass on their culture which includes SCHOOL which kills students.

If that happens all over the world then the only surviving cultues would be those with school that doesn't kill students.

You see, in the long run, I think that normal school would also ruin economies. It's like evolution, faulty genes are not passed on. And don't give me the technology-ruins-natural-selection bullshit because the technological environment in which we live is what we are currently good enough to survive in, making us not flawed in our current time.

There is one catch though. Natural selection eliminates whatever is easiest to eliminate first. Imagine, that school got so bad that there were suicides left and right. Then, students who don't agree with school, or all the critical thinkers would be eliminated. If it happened for a long time people might "adapt" genes which make sure they become sheep-like, and don't think for themselves. Then, school would no longer be as flawed and would exist for a longer time.

But then, there is still good news. Since in that situation the human race would gradually be moving towards stupidity, cultures and societies with these fkd up schools which cause suicides, and which stimulate the evolution of sheeple would eventually be destroyed. Why? This is because societies full of complete dumbass sheeple would not survive for long. With a lack of new ideas, and freedom, they would lack the ability to adapt to anything new, and they would eventually get corrupt and die. A simple attack by another culture would cripple them.

As you can see, I view it as a "natural selection" thing, and to me it makes complete sense. I also believe in trying to fix the system yourself, and since you are part of the system, it fits into the natural selection thing and I'm am not going to bother saying how. Biggrin
04-25-2008 04:52 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Haha, yes it does. Your specifics are probably way off, but the general idea I agree with the general idea.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
04-25-2008 05:40 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

psychopath basically proved WHY the world is fucked up. Because too many people care more about the economy and "natural selection" than they do about individual human beings.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-27-2008 05:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Yup, ive become sick of the world anyways, so i pretty much stopped giving a shit about everyone else. And ive been like this for a couple of years now. My eyes had been opened to see how the world is messed up. Tech has ruined human being as of the rest of the world, look at what we have done to the planet. We destroy it to satisfy ourself. And really, it disgust me.
04-27-2008 06:05 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Yeah everyday seems to suck for me in some way
04-30-2008 09:22 AM