RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[most girl excuse to get off sports class]FAILED!!!!
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
[most girl excuse to get off sports class]FAILED!!!!

Ok yesterday I had sports class which is also know in our school as P.E.(physical education)didnrt really feel like doing it bringing in the sports gear and being bullied in the girl changing rooms like ALWAYS destroys my day so asked my mum to write me an excuse note that "im on my period" most of girls in there probably would have done it once in a while Cool you know its always working excuse once a month and like I tought it would pass because it was m very first "Im on my period" excuse,but what do I hear when I give the note to the teacher:"sorry this is not an excuse to not perticipate in a class sports is good for you" Wtf LIKE WTF Jawdrop she soo pissed me off I wanted to murder her how the f**K its not an excuse???? Wtf I was really shocked like so if a girl comes in one day with periodic pain(like it happpens sometimes) to school and she is f**King dieing she still has to perticipate in 40 minutes or whatever time it is of exausting yourself till you drop dead from dehydration plus in pain and after that go to your next classes unable to think properly from tirering you brain Omg I dont know what yous over there think,but I think its bad like you are made to perticipate in sports and if you like it its allright,but when your hit with the ball in your face and I do not mean by accident but because people actually throw balls at you and then laugh and say "sorry I did it unpurpose" and the school doesnt do anything about it even tho you told your teacher and asked to move the class and stuff and they dont do a thing,but just say "sorry we cant do this" where on earth is the justice then???

NEON..NEOn..NEon..Neon..neon
04-23-2008 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: [most girl excuse to get off sports class]FAILED!!!!

WTF! I mean I'm a guy but I understand the pain(DON'T ASK, it's not funny(to me)).I mean come on you could have been caning that entire day just because of that one period(I mean both definitions). AND it was all her fault!Man you should have just not given her jackshit! Resisted! Shooting  Stabhead

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-23-2008 10:26 AM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

exactly like where the F**k is this world going to these days and thanx for understanding im just really Angry rite now

04-23-2008 11:42 AM
Cory Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Honestly, what the fuck? What is the world coming too when someone who is in their Premenstrual Syndrome is forced to participate in activity that requires an adequate amount of physical activity?

And just the note proves that your mom wanted you to be excused from Phy ed.

<&Darthmat> Cory, you ecxell me in phpBB3, I will mail you a dollar.
04-23-2008 11:45 AM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Cory Wrote:Honestly, what the fuck? What is the world coming too when someone who is in their Premenstrual Syndrome is forced to participate in activity that requires an adequate amount of physical activity?

And just the note proves that your mom wanted you to be excused from Phy ed.

and the Sports Teacher said that its actually will benefit you if you are doing sports while your are menstruating o.O how so called "Smart" is she like?

04-23-2008 11:50 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I always sort of wanted to get some major injury like losing an eye for following teachers directions to standing in the path of an energetic ball without having any idea of how to catch it. Maybe people would sort of care when I got injured.

Actually, they probably would just say it was my fault for not knowing how to catch it. Sadhug
04-23-2008 11:55 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

I had to go to the ER after I got hit in the eye with a football.
Felt like some sort of fluid was backed up behind my eye.
04-23-2008 11:59 AM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Will Wrote:I always sort of wanted to get some major injury like losing an eye for following teachers directions to standing in the path of an energetic ball without having any idea of how to catch it. Maybe people would sort of care when I got injured.

Actually, they probably would just say it was my fault for not knowing how to catch it. Sadhug
ahh thanx for a Hug *hugs back*well I guess your right because like I have to cope with bullying since 7th class and now em in 11th and still it just gets worse and sadly you cant even be homescooled in Ireland:( so I have to stay in this school for another year and a half constantly brought down just to get out at the end of next year out of this hell hole just to be able to go to college that I want to

04-23-2008 12:01 PM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Bullying was getting quite bad in eighth grade, and none of the faculty to whom I talked helped at all, so I went crazy and killed three people (slight exagerration). I don't really know what would have happened if the atmosphere in high school weren't completely different and bullying hadn't thus stopped all of a sudden when high school started.
04-23-2008 12:10 PM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Will Wrote:Bullying was getting quite bad in eighth grade, and none of the faculty to whom I talked helped at all, so I went crazy and killed three people (slight exagerration). I don't really know what would have happened if the atmosphere in high school weren't completely different and bullying hadn't thus stopped all of a sudden when high school started.

yeah like i actually went over to the year head(teacher in charg of all the classes) and told her I wanted to be moved to another class this year as we have 4 11th classes in our school and like they still wont listen oh well ill guess ill have to deal with it for another year and a half :(

04-23-2008 12:17 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

double hugs*uuum Pounce Hug Sadhug hope that works. anywaaays. FUCK BULLIES! seriously they have no respect and unless it's physical abuse(is it?) you shouldn't get too down about it. I mean come on their retards if they don't except people for who they are. They aren't going to survive outside of the school system they've been brain-washed in remember that and it shall all go away.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-23-2008 01:34 PM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

wow..thats terrible...you didnt participate though, did you?

i mean, they cannot force you to do something that you seriously dontwant to do, especially if you have your period (even though you didnt, but still, the teacher believed that you did and still declined it)

i think that the next time you have sport, just refuse to participate, there's nothing that they can do to make you in trouble, if they take it up with a further authority figure, nothing can be done...

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
04-23-2008 06:13 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I can't even remember how many PE excuses I've had. I know a few times I had a note and all but they still made me do it anyway. One time I caught a (really hard and not properly inflated) rugby ball a bit wrong and broke the cartilage in my pinky finger.... and then later when I was examining it in pain, some stupid bitch grabbed it and wiggled it and laughed at me. That really hurt. Stabhead

Oh, and as for bullies... this is an entertaining read: http://www.violentacres.com/archives/89 ... girl-bully

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-24-2008 06:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Well, I've not gone through that sorta pain, but I do know I've frequently gone to the gym many times sick and in pain, and I've thrown up a hand full of times. Ja, it's brutality, but you gotta be a stoic.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
04-24-2008 06:53 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

I used to have a severe bullying problem back in 6th and 7th grade.
The day it ended was when I used a jump rope, a basketball, and an abandoned tire to beat the shit out of everyone that bullyed me.

It was also the day I nearly got expelled.
04-24-2008 09:14 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Interesting choice of weapons... Scratchchin

I would have liked to see that.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-24-2008 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Now, I can understand the jump rope and the basketball, but how the FUCK did you beat the shit out of someone with a TIRE?

K
S
04-24-2008 11:54 AM
anonomous Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

i had a problem like that too, i had severe asthma and my parents dragged me to school (which happend to be the day i had to do PE) so i told them to write me a a note saying i has athsma. when i gave my teacher the note she wigned 'that's not a reasonable excuse' Cuckoo , i had an athsma attack and she expects me to do sport!? she accepts excuses like 'oh my sport uniform is in the washing machine' but she regects 'i had an asthma attack yesterday' Noo

Schoolboy sees teacher in playground
SB: Fuck you sir
Teacher: What was that?
SB: I said puck you sir
( Summer heights High )

[Image: stop-drop2.jpg]
04-24-2008 12:17 PM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

anonomous Wrote:i had a problem like that too, i had severe asthma and my parents dragged me to school (which happend to be the day i had to do PE) so i told them to write me a a note saying i has athsma. when i gave my teacher the note she wigned 'that's not a reasonable excuse' Cuckoo , i had an athsma attack and she expects me to do sport!? she accepts excuses like 'oh my sport uniform is in the washing machine' but she regects 'i had an asthma attack yesterday' Noo

well in our school if you have asthma you still have to do P.E. no matter what just bring your inhaler with you :( so i know how you feel

04-24-2008 07:05 PM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Now, I can understand the jump rope and the basketball, but how the FUCK did you beat the shit out of someone with a TIRE?
When they're lying face-up on the ground in pain, the tire is the best weapon for making sure they never have children.
04-25-2008 08:28 AM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

BobManPerson Wrote:
Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Now, I can understand the jump rope and the basketball, but how the FUCK did you beat the shit out of someone with a TIRE?
When they're lying face-up on the ground in pain, the tire is the best weapon for making sure they never have children.

uuuu they sure will never have kids after that sounds painfull tho

04-25-2008 10:47 AM
Gabs Offline
Defiant

Well this is my first post, and I've never posted before, but one thing to remember about bullies is: They bully people because their insecure about themselves, they've been shamed and humilated(this is normally leading to physical violence), shamed and humilated.... hmmm that couldnt possibly be anything to do with school could it? well, sometimes, sometimes not, but anyhow just remember that. I reccomend taking up a martial art...(Judo imo) yes it may not help you, yes it may be best to simply punch them in the face but at least you feel more confident. after time you'll "master" the techniques, and will deflect punches by instict etc etc,
05-03-2008 12:20 PM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Gabs Wrote:Well this is my first post, and I've never posted before, but one thing to remember about bullies is: They bully people because their insecure about themselves, they've been shamed and humilated(this is normally leading to physical violence), shamed and humilated.... hmmm that couldnt possibly be anything to do with school could it? well, sometimes, sometimes not, but anyhow just remember that. I reccomend taking up a martial art...(Judo imo) yes it may not help you, yes it may be best to simply punch them in the face but at least you feel more confident. after time you'll "master" the techniques, and will deflect punches by instict etc etc,

thanx for advice

05-06-2008 02:14 AM
Darkstripe Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm so thankfully I'm in Grade 11 and no longer have to take Gym. It was the worst.

My mom understood my dislike of Gym and there was one time she wrote a note for me saying I'd sprained my ankle and couldn't do Gym today. (Every now and then she'd write me a note) Well, my teacher had noticed me not trying so hard the past few days and knew that was a lie. She DID let me not particpate, but she made me feel stupid, and made me feel really down and upset. She said she knew it wasn't true and that I'd have to start trying harder.

I always notice that at least in my elementary school, the best kids at gym were the ones who hated doing work in class and often super-mean and super-competitive. I hated Gym because I was never good at it. Other kids would try to help me, but treat me like a baby in the process. You know, they explain how to do it yes, but they'd speak slowly and talk as if I were some little kid who didn't understand them.
Lowered my self-esteem it did. -_- I never understood why we needed to do that class almost everyday. Yes being fit and healthy is very important, but just because we don't take PE doesn't mean every kid will be lazy. I love to go out on walks and I feel I am in good shape. They seem to think if you don't take PE, you'll become super-unhealthy. It should have been optional.

I also got hurt a lot in gym. Never as badly as some of you have described, but I was hit a lot by balls. I remember when we played Dodge Ball people would always throw the ball super-hard at me. They say it didn't hurt. Yeah right.

I think a lot of it had to do with my personality. I was never competitive and I disliked the games always seeing them as pointless ways to boost the egos of some of the students.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gym is bad. For some people it's their favourite class and I know to some people it's probably great. Maybe I'd have liked it to if I was that kind of person, or if people weren't so cruel.

On a positive note, Gym in Grade Nine was a lot more fun then in Elementary, and I actually quite enjoyed it.

But I'll never take it again! Fu
05-12-2008 03:07 AM
Tears_Of_Wind Offline
Rebel

Darkstripe Wrote:I'm so thankfully I'm in Grade 11 and no longer have to take Gym. It was the worst.

My mom understood my dislike of Gym and there was one time she wrote a note for me saying I'd sprained my ankle and couldn't do Gym today. (Every now and then she'd write me a note) Well, my teacher had noticed me not trying so hard the past few days and knew that was a lie. She DID let me not particpate, but she made me feel stupid, and made me feel really down and upset. She said she knew it wasn't true and that I'd have to start trying harder.

I always notice that at least in my elementary school, the best kids at gym were the ones who hated doing work in class and often super-mean and super-competitive. I hated Gym because I was never good at it. Other kids would try to help me, but treat me like a baby in the process. You know, they explain how to do it yes, but they'd speak slowly and talk as if I were some little kid who didn't understand them.
Lowered my self-esteem it did. -_- I never understood why we needed to do that class almost everyday. Yes being fit and healthy is very important, but just because we don't take PE doesn't mean every kid will be lazy. I love to go out on walks and I feel I am in good shape. They seem to think if you don't take PE, you'll become super-unhealthy. It should have been optional.

I also got hurt a lot in gym. Never as badly as some of you have described, but I was hit a lot by balls. I remember when we played Dodge Ball people would always throw the ball super-hard at me. They say it didn't hurt. Yeah right.

I think a lot of it had to do with my personality. I was never competitive and I disliked the games always seeing them as pointless ways to boost the egos of some of the students.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gym is bad. For some people it's their favourite class and I know to some people it's probably great. Maybe I'd have liked it to if I was that kind of person, or if people weren't so cruel.

On a positive note, Gym in Grade Nine was a lot more fun then in Elementary, and I actually quite enjoyed it.

But I'll never take it again! Fu

i soo know what you mean donge ball ugh yah they say it doesnt hurt then why do you come home and constantly say *auch* like wtf and i do agree it should be optional

05-12-2008 04:54 PM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

wow. its rediculous to think that schools can force you to do PE when you have an asthma attack. I used to have asthma when i was a child, and its the worst feeling knowing that you are trying to grasp for air, but there is nothing filling your lungs. So you keep wheezing and wheezing, then your paniking and people are wathcing...

why would anybody want that?

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
05-12-2008 05:22 PM
Xguy Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I think you have a point there. The saying "You can tell people the truth, but you can't make people understand it." is true in your case. Your gym teacher says that exercise is good for you during any time, even menstruation and PMS, but there is no sufficent evidence that can make you understand this. If your gym teacher is to ever force you to go to gym even if you have PMS, say this: "Why are you forcing me to go to gym even with PMS? Tell me a reason that I can understand and I will go to gym."
06-24-2008 02:53 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Gym teachers are the devil's minions.

I'm sorry but my doctor's note, "She is on medication right now that [fucks up her lungs and causes her to feel dizzy and tired all the time]. Please adapt her curriculum accordingly." didn't work out either. I was out there running on the track without being able to see anything (I was so dizzy, things were black with my eyes open), zigzagging my way along the track until I fell over, threw up and fainted.

Then I pushed myself too hard. I should've known better.

If this were to happen during the final however I would've failed the class. So I settled for running behind my friend so I could hear where I was supposed to run. I did improve I guess. I was still blind from stars and zigzagging on the track. But I did not empty my stomach and collapse in the process.

Let's do the time warp again!
06-26-2008 04:26 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

P.E. is fun, the only class worth while at school.
Dodge ball too... Ahh dodge ball. Too bad we have to use foam balls, some idiot kids whine if we use regular balls.

And P.E. is all fun until you are hurting, then it is just a pain in the butt, so I have an idea of why some kids like school. But c'mon, they are just games and they are fun!

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-26-2008 05:31 AM
fragile-esteem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

^^^agree,

I love PE, but it sucks for me as my treatment says no exercise and instead I spend the double period helping the reception class spell theur names.

If you want out of PE develop anorexia. (jokes, please don't)

butterfly kisses xxx

COMMUNISM is when you have two cows, the governement takes both and gives you the milk
SOCIALISM is when you have two cows and give one to your neighbour.
NEW DEALISM (is when things go wrong) is when you have two cows, the government takes both, shoots one and milks the other but then throws the milk away.
CAPITALISM is when you have two cows and then sell one to buy a bull.
FACISM is when you have two cows, the government takes both and sells you the milk.
NAZISM is when you have two cows, the government takes both and shoots you.

I typed: "end of the world" into google and saw the hiroshima bombing and 9/11, irony much.
06-27-2008 06:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad I did something bad during Sports Day and I think I'll get excluded from school. Marlena403 11 13,748 06-27-2017 05:13 AM
Last Post: James Comey
Sad I did something bad during Sports Day and I think I'll get excluded from school. Marlena403 0 6,504 06-24-2017 10:38 PM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Forced into Sports by Parents flann 24 32,828 02-15-2016 12:22 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  At my school you need to have a 2.0 gpa to play sports c00ldud3 8 4,384 04-30-2015 10:03 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Truancy A word for ditching school without a good excuse MurkScribe 13 4,914 12-06-2014 02:25 PM
Last Post: MurkScribe
  Schoolwork for sports? Dirtbikemike 15 7,657 01-18-2012 08:33 AM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Sports teacher ends up cancelling sport for a month Stealth 16 4,803 08-26-2009 03:21 AM
Last Post: Amortisatie
  anyone ever get this excuse before arthasmenethil 29 7,220 09-19-2007 07:36 AM
Last Post: Thought Criminal
  Excuse notes-FUNNY Rebelnerd 5 2,459 06-02-2007 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dark Soul X
  School Sports teams payback123 10 4,408 02-10-2007 09:27 AM
Last Post: payback123