RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Stupid Success Awards
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
The Stupid Success Awards

ok, this has just pushed me over the top. My school as started sending out their "student success awards". As the schools say, they are given to students who show "determination and perseverance and/or improvement in character". That's what the schools say. Actually, they are given to the LD students, or ones that don't believe what the schools are doing is right. It's one of those things designed to make them say "yay! i'm special!" and try harder to conform. These things drive me up the wall! This is absolutely infuriating.

John:"ONLY YOU! ONLY YOU WOULD THINK OF PUTTING A SCREAMER IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SUMMATIVE PRESENTATION!! IN WORLD RELIGIONS!
Me: Come on! I was just seeing if they were paying attention!

Though I walk through the valley
Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

[Image: copbusted.jpg]
Phail.

We Are The Public Education System. Prepare To Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
05-09-2008 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: The Stupid Success Awards

Yeh, I know what ya mean. My old school gave out "Academic awards". Basically whoever got high grades and tried hard got 'em. So the people who conformed the most. Sad sight really.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
05-09-2008 12:10 AM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

Yeah, these are just to make the LD people feel special Upyours

John:"ONLY YOU! ONLY YOU WOULD THINK OF PUTTING A SCREAMER IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SUMMATIVE PRESENTATION!! IN WORLD RELIGIONS!

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

We Are The Public Education System. Prepare To Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
05-09-2008 03:27 AM
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

What does "LD" mean?
05-09-2008 03:36 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

barata, i just read your signature. are you john? if so, that's pretty funny Laugh
05-09-2008 04:29 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

This John fellow is epic win and a lulz-factory in my book.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
05-09-2008 04:32 AM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

1. LD = "learning disability"
2. I am not John. This was John yelling at me after I did it.

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-09-2008 07:55 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

lol nice. i misread, i thought it said, "john, only you..."
05-09-2008 01:15 PM
Spade Offline
Defiant

Yeah. My school has awards ceremonies. You get awards for stupid crap: Honor Roll, Distinguished Honor Roll (Straight A's), Outstanding Achievement (in any given subject), and other crap. Basically a bunch of BS because I've made honor roll for the entire last year and have not gotten invited to the ceremony once. And they do it once a year.

Basically they just invite who is more enthusiastic than the others.

You know what I say? Fuck 'em. I don't need an award to tell me I'm doing good. I define on my own what I think 'doing good' is. To them, it's good grades. To me, just freaking surviving the year in one piece is an accomplishment in itself.
05-10-2008 12:18 PM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

Oy, they made me come out of class to take my pcture for the stupid thing, and they made me do a "silly photo" Cuckoo . Honestly, they wouldn't let me leave unless i did it. The really annoying thing is that I'm white, and I'm a visible minority at my school. It's literally all asian. (Our town is actually nicknamed "rice man hill") Our last principal was a homophobic nazi, such a bitch, and she actually banned the GSA from the school. She got owned, in the end, and they still met in secret Fu

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-10-2008 12:53 PM
Taking a stand Offline
Rebel

La Barata Wrote:Oy, they made me come out of class to take my pcture for the stupid thing, and they made me do a "silly photo" Cuckoo . Honestly, they wouldn't let me leave unless i did it. The really annoying thing is that I'm white, and I'm a visible minority at my school. It's literally all asian. (Our town is actually nicknamed "rice man hill") Our last principal was a homophobic nazi, such a bitch, and she actually banned the GSA from the school. She got owned, in the end, and they still met in secret Fu

wtf is the GSA???
p.s. u can sue the priciple for rascial discrimination n sexual descrimination Tripleevil

STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT, EVEN IF YOUR STANDING ALONE. AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS, EVEN IF YOUR AN ARMY OF ONE." -ANONAMOUS, ADDED TO BY ZACK SHOFRON (AKA TAKING A STAND)
05-10-2008 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

the GSA is the gay straight alliance, It's basically a club and support group where homosexual people and straight people can get together and plan things to help raise awareness, as well as discuss thir problems

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-10-2008 11:59 PM
Taking a stand Offline
Rebel

La Barata Wrote:the GSA is the gay straight alliance, It's basically a club and support group where homosexual people and straight people can get together and plan things to help raise awareness, as well as discuss thir problems
oh, i guess u can sue his ass sooo hard hor sexual discrimination. HAHAHAHAHA! Tripleevil Laugh

STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT, EVEN IF YOUR STANDING ALONE. AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS, EVEN IF YOUR AN ARMY OF ONE." -ANONAMOUS, ADDED TO BY ZACK SHOFRON (AKA TAKING A STAND)
05-11-2008 05:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

The principal is... how shall i put it? no longer presiding Tripleevil Evil

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-11-2008 05:37 AM
Taking a stand Offline
Rebel

La Barata Wrote:The principal is... how shall i put it? no longer presiding Tripleevil Evil
mwahahahahhahahahhaa

05-11-2008 05:46 AM
Mogul Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

La Barata Wrote:The principal is... how shall i put it? no longer presiding Tripleevil Evil

I assume you had a role in this? Biggrin

@ Topic: It's not bad enough that these brainwashed nitwits conform to the system, but most of the times they brag about their "achievements", making all other around them feel stupid. Dumb x 2 Rolleyes
05-11-2008 06:24 AM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

Mwahaha

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-11-2008 11:05 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I have a couple of those. And i fail my classes Mwahaha my teachers say its doesnt make sense. WELL IM NO STUPID YOU ARE YOU FUCKERS
05-11-2008 01:12 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

It's like the argument against "gifted" students. All "gifted" students are given to do is more work.
05-11-2008 01:14 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Yes there are the future nerds. Even though they are stupid in my eyes. Those people in honors are some of the buggest assholes ive ever met. Even my friends who are in honors say i deserve it more than those fucks. Too bad i blow off all my work.
05-11-2008 01:17 PM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

OOOOO YA. Trust me, it is the same, but with more work. that's why i dropped out of the gifted program

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

I could do more work if I GOT PAID
Colonel Mustard Offline
Revolutionary

I remember in 7th grade I read an article on how the Govt. wanted to start paying students to increase attendance. Yes
05-11-2008 01:29 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I think they should just make it optional. If you introduce "we should be PAID!", it kind of reenforces the belief that teenagers are immature. Even if students got paid I still wouldn't be happy with school.
05-11-2008 01:33 PM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

That would've been godly ;D

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-11-2008 01:33 PM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

i hate awards. i hate how most of htem are demeaning to others....

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
05-11-2008 02:14 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

So true, it makes you feel inferior to others, o wait i am
05-11-2008 02:15 PM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

exactly. like, around here, (NOTE: i am not racist, i just say what I see) if you aren't asian, good luck

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-11-2008 02:16 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

La Barata Wrote:exactly. like, around here, (NOTE: i am not racist, i just say what I see) if you aren't asian, good luck
I am Asian, Japanese, Chinese and Filipino
05-11-2008 02:17 PM
La Barata Offline
Revolutionary

again, im not racist, im just saying, the teachers are asian, most of the students are asian, the principal is asian, and most of the board is asian. I'd like to say race doesn't fit into the equation, but yeah.

Of the shadow of death
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK,
'CAUSE I'M INTO
DRAGONFORCE!

Phail.

05-11-2008 02:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Student + Teacher = Success brainiac3397 5 3,952 02-15-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Success against school administration Sharpie 7 3,428 03-24-2012 01:06 AM
Last Post: Sharpie
  Too Stressed For School Success? convention display 2 2,683 05-04-2011 01:52 AM
Last Post: Megawatkins
  Venting about people who think Success=Happiness TheSJKarma 3 1,921 02-09-2010 06:01 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC