RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fag teacher
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
fag teacher

So, im walking down the hallway during passing period with one of my friends. about 10 feet afaid of me is a kid named James, who is partially blind and uses a walking stick. he happens to bump into a sixth grader (im in eighth grade) and drops his stick. it is not that crowded, so he picks it up nd continues walking. however, suddenly some fag teacher come up and stops me an my friend because she claims that we kicked James' stick, which we didn't. this is what happened:

teacher: im going to suspend you two for what you just did
me: what did i do?
teacher: shut up, you knor what you did
me: no, i don't
teacher: both you and your friend just kicked that blind kid's stick
me: no, we didn't. anyways, how would we both kick it at the same timr, and no one ele noticed?
teacher: don't talk back, im right
me: how are you right?
teacher: im a teacher, so im right Cuckoo
me: how does being a teacher make you right?
teacher: because i'm older than you
me: osama bin laden is older than you, but does that make him right?

that shut her up. Rocket
so, after that, she said she wold expel me if i ever went near james. so, i guess i can skip reading, since james is in my class Laugh

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
05-23-2008 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Colonel Mustard Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: fag teacher

owned
05-23-2008 08:16 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Two signs of stupidity:

1) "Fag". It sucks as a word.

2) "Owned" is just ridiculous.
05-23-2008 08:26 AM
Colonel Mustard Offline
Revolutionary

A sign of a pissed off person:

1)Presenting the argument that a certain word is "ridiculous" without an explanation as to why this argument was made.
05-23-2008 08:31 AM
Fanatic

Because "owned" is just a juvenile word. It reeks of stupidity.
05-23-2008 08:54 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

this is a forum, not frickin english paper. we can say "fag" and "owned" whenever we want. also, youvebeenthunderstruck, some of your posts are not that well written either. Wtf

05-23-2008 09:03 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

pwned.

"pwned" is a much more mature word than "owned". Razz

The only word in this post that bugs me is "fag", because its actual meaning is ... something quite different. But then everyone seems to use it this way, so ... Shrug

Quote:me: osama bin laden is older than you, but does that make him right?

Good one Yes

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-23-2008 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

I know it's a forum, but saying words like that expresses your true personality. It's just pointless and stupid.
05-23-2008 09:18 AM
Colonel Mustard Offline
Revolutionary

And what does pointing out other people's faults say about you?
05-23-2008 09:28 AM
Fanatic

It says that I don't tolerate stupid people.

I could be wrong. Using the word 'owned' may still make you a very intelligent person. But many people who use it deservedly build up the reputation against it.
05-23-2008 09:33 AM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Because "owned" is just a juvenile word. It reeks of stupidity.

I agree with you on 'fag', it's like saying 'nigger'...

But with owned, you sound kind of stuck up. Trying to divert the attention to yourself?

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
05-23-2008 09:37 AM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:It says that I don't tolerate stupid people.

I could be wrong. Using the word 'owned' may still make you a very intelligent person. But many people who use it deservedly build up the reputation against it.

That's very true. A lot of my clothes have 'native power' written on them, and no one says anything to me, but if I wrote "white power" on them I'd be in some big trouble. That's not because either phrase s worse, it's just because most people who use the term "white power" are Nazis.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
05-23-2008 09:40 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I don't care about owned but using fag as a synonym for stupid irritates the crap out of me.
I als agree, to an extent, that ones choice of words is a reflection of personality and intelligence.
05-23-2008 09:41 AM
Squee Offline
Rebel

Quote:I agree with you on 'fag', it's like saying 'nigger'...

But with owned, you sound kind of stuck up. Trying to divert the attention to yourself?
Yeah, I agree :\

[Image: untitled.png]
05-23-2008 09:44 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

sorry, i didn't know fag had other meanings than i hought :(
ps: even though i use those words doesn't make me stupid. i have a average gpa of 3.9 out of 4, and i have all A's except reading

05-23-2008 10:42 AM
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

john tuttle Wrote:sorry, i didn't know fag had other meanings than i hought :(
ps: even though i use those words doesn't make me stupid. i have a average gpa of 3.9 out of 4, and i have all A's except reading
As someone else will probably point out, we don't use grades to measure intelligence here.
05-23-2008 10:44 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

I hate fags.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
05-23-2008 10:45 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:even though i use those words doesn't make me stupid. i have a average gpa of 3.9 out of 4, and i have all A's except reading

My first thought after reading that was: Now you're really gonna get it. Laugh

But yeah, using those words doesn't make you stupid, it just makes some people more likely to think you are, even if you aren't. I mean, when I saw this topic in the new posts list, it just showed up as "fag teacher", so my first thought was that it's gonna be a stupid post. It isn't, though.

I can't believe we've spent 2 pages talking about word use and totally ignored the contents of the actual post. Cuckoo

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-23-2008 10:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

i know that grades don't show intelligence (some of my smartest friends have Ds and Fs), i was just giving proof that i am not dumb

sorry for the misunderstanding, i didn't know i would cause do much chaos on my first post Laugh

05-23-2008 11:39 AM
Cory Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

john tuttle Wrote:i know that grades don't show intelligence (some of my smartest friends have Ds and Fs), i was just giving proof that im not dumb
I believe that grades have nothing to do with intelligence.

So no matter what grades you are getting, or your GPA, it doesn't prove that you are smart, nor that you aren't "dumb".

That teacher is /very/ incompetent, and if he really said what you claim, she deserves NO respect if she told you to shut up, and claims that just her status as a teacher automatically makes her right no matter what. "Teachers" like that can't possibly teach with such a closed mind.

<&Darthmat> Cory, you ecxell me in phpBB3, I will mail you a dollar.
05-23-2008 11:43 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: annoying teacher

Agreed. Also back on topic. If the teacher does something like that again, point out to her that you have the right to express your opinion. Especially on a matter that affects you.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
05-23-2008 08:48 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I'm sorry, but youvebeenthunderstruck, you have some issues. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but seriously, what's your problem? I might as well tyep liek dis and be the smartest person in the world. What're you? 4? How can you make generalizations about people from the way they type? You don't even know them. THAT shows that you're ignorant.

GEEZ! Somebody makes a thread to vent, and you come here to make it worse. That's just wrong.

Quote:I als agree, to an extent, that ones choice of words is a reflection of personality and intelligence.
[sarcasm] Yup, and so does what you wear, the way you do your hair, how much money you make, what your race is, and how you walk. [/sarcasm]

Had to get that out.

Anyway, back on topic....john tuttle, haha...good job. And I'm gonna say it on purpose now: OWNED!

P.S. FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG

That felt good and it TRULY shows what my personality's like. I LOVE being stupid. Biggrin
05-25-2008 01:06 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

chemistry_hater Wrote:I'm sorry, but youvebeenthunderstruck, you have some issues. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but seriously, what's your problem? I might as well tyep liek dis and be the smartest person in the world. What're you? 4? How can you make generalizations about people from the way they type? You don't even know them. THAT shows that you're ignorant.

GEEZ! Somebody makes a thread to vent, and you come here to make it worse. That's just wrong.

Quote:I als agree, to an extent, that ones choice of words is a reflection of personality and intelligence.
[sarcasm] Yup, and so does what you wear, the way you do your hair, how much money you make, what your race is, and how you walk. [/sarcasm]

Had to get that out.

Anyway, back on topic....john tuttle, haha...good job. And I'm gonna say it on purpose now: OWNED!

That felt good and it TRULY shows what my personality's like. I LOVE being stupid. Biggrin

Laugh

05-25-2008 04:50 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:I'm sorry, but youvebeenthunderstruck, you have some issues. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but seriously, what's your problem? I might as well tyep liek dis and be the smartest person in the world. What're you? 4? How can you make generalizations about people from the way they type? You don't even know them. THAT shows that you're ignorant.

Had to get that out.

Pwned. Oh wait, that word annoys youbeenthunderstruck.
pwnedpwnedpwnedpwnedpwnedpwnedpwnedpwnedpwned.
Laugh Seriously, though. Next post on thread plz.
05-25-2008 05:43 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

AHHFpaoj'laj'h ojaopjh'poajeh9que0pyk3qpjyhq-p3kop3-[yh-]qpoaejrk]hpaoe]aoeh]paoejh]-uaerol'gpoq-05u1q3ogmspgjq]q09yq9yw90yw-97430936
& )@!)(-th[q09u=gt09uq-t-4=1 =-0i6t4i2kj4y 0-=1 1654
q oiuj3y[0 -u1-9

Yup, the secret language of the always-on-thread-people really has prospered these three hundred years, huh?

05-25-2008 06:18 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

The gibberish! IT BURNS!!!!! One thing I love about grades, they get teachers worked up. There is some kind of testing we do here, I don't know, MAPS or some such, That is supposed to show academic progress or something. Anyway, I joke around with the school counselor on occasion, you know, it gets me out of class. My scores on the testing, or rather a comparison of them, showed 2 wonderfully funny things. 1: They were off the charts. 2: the second time I took the test I scored 5 points lower. Even with this "proof of intelligence" (as some teachers have put it) thanks to all of the "hard work" I have put forward, I have straight C's and don't count as being in spanish class. I'll end this mini-rant with this, YAY FOR MEDIOCRITY!!!!!11!1!11!ONE!

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
05-25-2008 06:29 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

God hates fags.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
05-25-2008 09:27 PM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Annoying? No, that's just gay.

Change it back to fag

Laugh
05-26-2008 02:01 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

I hate fag-haters cuz they half hate me. Damn retards. They can go screw themselves. Btw, seeing as my topic in the help section will be barely visited. Hi all, I'm back! My friends been on for awile so disregard everything I have said from this point, backwards about a week.

05-27-2008 06:24 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Fags make me sick.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
05-27-2008 10:30 PM