RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My school and drugs
jdecolt Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
My school and drugs

I have a lot of friends who are drug users, mostly cocaine and pot. Recently i noticed then when questioned, they usually say that school is one of the main reasons that they turned to drugs. Next to family. And this is no small group of kids either. The thing is, most of them are "good" students and smart people. I find it interesting that school seems to be pushing kids that might make some good in the world to do drugs instead of realizing their full potential. Im not even really a drug hater, but still, something to think about...

The Greatest hell exists in one's own mind.
03-22-2011 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Holy Fucking Dinosaur Offline
Rebel

Re: My school and drugs

Weed is harmless, I go to an IB school and 70% of the IB class smokes regularly. coke on the other hand... thats something not typical of people outside of the crazy party/rave scene.

where is your school?
03-22-2011 10:28 AM
jdecolt Offline
Rebel

Holy Fucking Dinosaur Wrote:Weed is harmless, I go to an IB school and 70% of the IB class smokes regularly. coke on the other hand... thats something not typical of people outside of the crazy party/rave scene.

where is your school?

Yeah i agree weed is harmless, tho a lot of kids get busted for it and end up in trouble. ive seen the weed and coke firsthand, and ive heard of some herion groups tho ive never actually seen that. Anyway to answer your question, ohio

03-22-2011 11:44 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

jdecolt Wrote:
Holy Fucking Dinosaur Wrote:Weed is harmless, I go to an IB school and 70% of the IB class smokes regularly. coke on the other hand... thats something not typical of people outside of the crazy party/rave scene.

where is your school?

Yeah i agree weed is harmless, tho a lot of kids get busted for it and end up in trouble. ive seen the weed and coke firsthand, and ive heard of some herion groups tho ive never actually seen that. Anyway to answer your question, ohio

Sounds a lot like my school. I've engaged in some pretty heavy shit myself, although I tend to stay away from anything too addicting. It's all in good fun and relaxation until you overdo it or get addicted.

Anyway, if it weren't for school, drugs wouldn't be necessary. Or, at least, people in school wouldn't depend on them for happiness.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-22-2011 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manicrose Offline
Rebel

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Anyway, if it weren't for today's zombified version of "life," drugs wouldn't be necessary. Or, at least, people wouldn't depend on them for happiness.
Fix'd.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."
03-22-2011 11:51 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Manicrose Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:Anyway, if it weren't for today's zombified version of "life," drugs wouldn't be necessary. Or, at least, people wouldn't depend on them for happiness.
Fix'd.

Fucking A.

Blog I post to now:

03-22-2011 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jdecolt Offline
Rebel

Manicrose Wrote:
Fix'd.
haha, exactly. honestly theres been times ive thought about doin some pretty hard stuff myself, but in the end i decided that that would be kinda like letting them win. Figured id stick it out and see what i could do to change things , or at least help people Smile pisses me off tho when a student gets expelled for the drugs that the school pushed them to do in the first place.

03-22-2011 11:56 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!

Weed isn't HARMLESS. If you smoke it, it's just as bad as tobacco on your lungs!

But you know what drug IS harmless? My favourite <3
LSD (Acid)

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
03-30-2011 08:30 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

No, it's not...weed has only recently been linked to higher incidences of cancer, whereas with tobacco the link is a lot stronger. Weed probably does up your chance of getting cancer, but not anywhere near tobacco...also, you only really get a kick smoking cigarettes once you're hooked on the nicotine. Weed is good no matter what.

Most of the people who say acid is dangerous are thinking of what people do when they're on PCP. Nobody bites their fucking arm off on LSD unless they're already nuts.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
03-31-2011 02:01 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

O_O

Weed is harmless. You'd have to smoke weed as much as somebody who smokes cigarettes smokes them, and that'd be pretty fucking hard to do. That's closing in on 20+ joints a day. Yeah, nobody does that.

Blog I post to now:

03-31-2011 06:08 AM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Weed's also been linked to some positive effects on heart function. Although, it can damage lungs but the heart tends to fail more often. Besides, shouldn't it be your choice as to what you put in your body?
Always the smart people who use drugs. We see the system as it is, not as it's portrayed, and we can see through the bs around drugs.
For your information, I do not use drugs, but i can see the apeal

Freedom is never given; it is always taken. So for the fact that you're not a slave, don't thank those in authority. Thank someone with a "bad attitude."
-Kevin Carson

sexual abuse of sheep is baaaaaaaaad
-BaronVonStrangle

School brings us together, but it doesn't bring us together
-Derchin

We lost Vietnam cuz we didn't train our soldiers to quickscope.
-gore goroth
03-31-2011 11:56 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I don't mind the buzz you get from cigarettes on occasion. If someone offers me I'll smoke but I would never make it a habit.
Pot, You can smoke it all the time and still get good grades. In fact some of the smartest people I know smoke pot. Alot of them drop acid and roll E too.
03-31-2011 01:07 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Quote:Pot, You can smoke it all the time and still get good grades.
I agree, my school tries to brainwash us into thinking that pot is teh evil incarnate!!! Yeah no. The "food" they give us in the cafeteria is far more dangerous than weed. But do you see the government or our schools doing anything about that? No, because McDonald's (where I'm convinced they get half our food from) is essential to supporting a healthy economy.

Drugs, weed in particular, is just a scapegoat the school can use as an excuse to make up for their crappy "education."

Hidden stuff:
03-31-2011 01:15 PM
jose Offline
Revolutionary

.Manicrose. Wrote:The "food" they give us in the cafeteria is far more dangerous than weed. But do you see the government or our schools doing anything about that? No, because McDonald's (where I'm convinced they get half our food from) is essential to supporting a healthy economy.
I remember one time our school gave our parents a letter that said that the food they give us is proven to fight childhood obesity.

democracy died when compulsory schooling was born.

[Image: ubd5511.png]
03-31-2011 01:46 PM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Weed is less dangerous than alcohol, and in some instances, it can actually be beneficial for health. I know plenty of potheads who are actually good students even though they're so easygoing.

I considered trying some weed once, but I realized...I have no money. Cool That, and I don't want to get an addiction considering I have to figure a lot of shit out in the next few months.
03-31-2011 01:50 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

genuine anarchist Wrote:I considered trying some weed once, but I realized...I have no money. Cool That, and I don't want to get an addiction considering I have to figure a lot of shit out in the next few months.
It's not an addictive substance. Also, It doesn't cost much. Especially when you first start. You can make a gram last for weeks of you don't smoke everyday.
03-31-2011 01:58 PM
Stealth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Don't take drugs but make money off all the idiots that bury their money in plastic bags in the bush near our school.Once found $500 buried in a half assed way.You can take advantage of druggies so easily.Wonder how much reward money you get for handing in drugs to be destroyed...?

Drum and Bass>>>>>>>>>Dubstep
03-31-2011 08:03 PM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

None. Then you just get in trouble for possesion

Freedom is never given; it is always taken. So for the fact that you're not a slave, don't thank those in authority. Thank someone with a "bad attitude."
-Kevin Carson

-BaronVonStrangle

-Derchin

-gore goroth
03-31-2011 09:07 PM
jdecolt Offline
Rebel

Stealth Wrote:You can take advantage of druggies so easily.Wonder how much reward money you get for handing in drugs to be destroyed...?
Cant say i really support turning in fellow students for money... Idk maybe if their total d-bags Biggrin

04-01-2011 12:50 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Bury their money in the dirt? Wut?
04-01-2011 01:59 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Thought Criminal Wrote:Bury their money in the dirt? Wut?

Firstly this.

I don't think the druggies in your school are stupid because they're druggies, I think they are stupid just because they are stupid. Nobody else is stupid enough to exchange drugs like this. If that's even what they are trying to do.

Blog I post to now:

04-01-2011 06:02 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

That's what it sounds like to me.
In my school, you don't need to look far to find someone with pot. They do deals in the middle of class and never get caught.
04-01-2011 06:45 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Thought Criminal Wrote:That's what it sounds like to me.
In my school, you don't need to look far to find someone with pot. They do deals in the middle of class and never get caught.

Same. Someone I know usually does it outside of school though. He has car.

Lol, fuck self incrimination.

Blog I post to now:

04-01-2011 06:46 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Self incrimination? We never said anything about being involved. Drugs are baaaad!
04-01-2011 08:12 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

LOL IKNOW RITE?!

Blog I post to now:

04-01-2011 08:15 AM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

There's not enough information to track us down anyway.

-Kevin Carson

-BaronVonStrangle

-Derchin

-gore goroth
04-03-2011 03:59 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Geeksta Wrote:There's not enough information to track us down anyway.
ORLY

[Image: glorious666.png]
04-03-2011 04:21 AM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

not enough for a court of law anyway

-Kevin Carson

-BaronVonStrangle

-Derchin

-gore goroth
04-03-2011 07:35 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Bullshit. I like to think I do a good job of covering my tracks on the web (and I do for the most part) but I've gotten sloppy with this site. Alot of people have my facebook, Know what city I live in, First and last name, know what I look like. Wouldn't take a detective to figure out everything about me.
04-03-2011 08:16 AM
poop123 Offline
Rebel

Thought Criminal Wrote:Bullshit. I like to think I do a good job of covering my tracks on the web (and I do for the most part) but I've gotten sloppy with this site. Alot of people have my facebook, Know what city I live in, First and last name, know what I look like. Wouldn't take a detective to figure out everything about me.
im a detective Cool Cool Cool

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.

[Image: scary.jpg]
im the most annoying poop you will ever see. my name will be on every forum >Biggrin im indestructible muahahahhah . be annoyed by my presence
04-03-2011 08:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has anybody done drugs/alcohol in school? RandomTroll 16 4,176 10-27-2012 09:44 AM
Last Post: Ky