RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My school put the constitution up on the wall.
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
My school put the constitution up on the wall.

They put a copy of the constitution up on the wall of our high school. I don't know weather to laugh, or think of it as a slap in the face. How can the school put up posters, the constitution, give out papers, and write about liberty, equality, and that sort of thing while BLATANTLY FUCKING VIOLATING WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT!?!?! Don't they see a fucking problem with that? WHAT. THE. FUCK?

School's constitutional Infractions:
Hidden stuff:
First of all:
Quote:No state shall ... pass a Bill of Attainder

And they conveineintly forgot to put this part up:

Quote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote:The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Quote:In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Quote:Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Quote:The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Quote:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Quote:1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Quote:1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
09-23-2011 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , The man
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Re: My school put the constitution up on the wall.

Oh the hypocrisy. Gotta love it.

Previously known as Derchin.
09-23-2011 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 21 post(s)

Dude, make a flyer pointing out how school contradicts the constitution and paste it next to that. Once they rip it down, put another one up. Should provide some lulz.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
09-23-2011 01:17 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru , sswbm , Avatar Korra , The man
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Lux Wrote:Dude, make a flyer pointing out how school contradicts the constitution and paste it next to that. Once they rip it down, put another one up. Should provide some lulz.

Good Idea.

Blog I post to now:

09-23-2011 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Something like Martin Luther did; the 95 differences of a church. Except the differences of school and constitution.

War is stupid.
09-23-2011 02:17 PM
 Thanks given by: The man
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

School is fundamentally against the constitution... compulsory school at least.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
09-23-2011 03:14 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru , Avatar Korra , The man
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Lux thats a good idea.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-24-2011 05:49 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

[Image: math-cutterman.jpg]

Re-purpose this so that it is a Communist with the hat.
He is cutting out the Russian Alphabet. With a hammer and sickle.
I got in massive trouble.

Whats funny is it was the assignment, re-draw the Stone cutter.
So i asked her about freedom of expression... and never got a reply.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
09-24-2011 06:53 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Respect Poster
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated
2. Showing Kindness and Consideration
3. Liking yourself enough to be yourself
4. Accepting others for who they are

Irony Much?

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
09-24-2011 06:58 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
RE: My school put the constitution up on the wall.

Quote:1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or PROPERTY, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Wow that one especially sucks, HELLO I TAKE YOUR CELLPHONE, but it still says "the State" so I suppose that means that those that aren't "the guvmint" still can do it? :facepalm:

[Image: glorious666.png]
09-30-2011 01:18 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

And no realized the irony of this at your school yet?

Previously known as Derchin.
09-30-2011 01:42 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(09-30-2011 01:42 PM)Derchin Wrote:  And no realized the irony of this at your school yet?

Nobody has mentioned it... So I guess not. (Of course, I've noticed it and I guess I haven't mentioned it either lol.)

Blog I post to now:

09-30-2011 01:46 PM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(09-23-2011 03:14 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  School is fundamentally against the constitution... compulsory school at least.

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-13-2017 08:34 AM
HSHARK Offline
Revolutionary

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

This simply can give someone backing when the school violates their rights
01-13-2017 11:39 AM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

(01-13-2017 11:39 AM)HSHARK Wrote:  This simply can give someone backing when the school violates their rights

Interesting...

examples?

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-13-2017 11:43 AM
 Thanks given by: sswbm
HSHARK Offline
Revolutionary

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Superkamiguru: take example the Soviet picture mentioned above. The person could argue that the freedom of expression is valid because no one is offended. He could probably ask the whole class as testimony
01-13-2017 02:25 PM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

(01-13-2017 02:25 PM)HSHARK Wrote:  Superkamiguru: take example the Soviet picture mentioned above. The person could argue that the freedom of expression is valid because no one is offended. He could probably ask the whole class as testimony

More examples...

Hidden stuff:

01-14-2017 11:52 PM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

(09-23-2011 12:40 PM)Absnt Wrote:  
Quote:In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
Zero Tolerance,nuff said.

Hidden stuff:

01-22-2017 01:14 AM