RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas prices = lulz.
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: Gas prices = lulz.

cryptevah72 Wrote:so are we destined to never have a good way of transportation??? can humanity do ANYTHING without there being bad effects???
Trees.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
06-14-2008 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

um, wat? u mean killing trees or planting them?

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
06-14-2008 07:17 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Quote:Exhaust gas is flue gas which occurs as a result of the combustion of fuels...Although the largest part of most combustion gases is relatively harmless nitrogen (N2), water vapor (H2O) (except with pure-carbon fuels), and carbon dioxide
Quote:Photosynthesis is the conversion of light energy into chemical energy by living organisms. The raw materials are carbon dioxide and water; the energy source is sunlight; and the end-products are oxygen

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
06-14-2008 10:18 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

electric cars, don't pollute, but almost all electricity is made from fossil fuel power plants that do pollute. if we can switch to something like a combo of nuclear, solar, tidal, and wind to make electricity, that is better. diesel does pollute a lot normally, but mercedes and vw are making special filters to make them as clean as normal cars. i heard of some company trying to make microbes htat turn any plant into fuel, from weeds to algea.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
06-14-2008 01:02 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

john tuttle Wrote:
xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:i love cars, and can be very boring to others for hours on end about gas, flappy paddle gear boxes and other stuff. i want to own the new diesel audi supercar, i wont bother with the name because it is too long. it is manual or automatic, has torque in huge amounts and will top 200mph. all this and it produces around the same amount of polution as a 2.0 ltr renault megane, shame it is a prototype.....
yay, im not the only car guy here. is the car you are talking about the Audi R8 TDI? iv read about it in some british car magazines, but i am pretty sure its coming out, its not a prototype.

nope, it is something like the audi rs8 quattreporte tdi turbo

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
06-14-2008 10:05 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:
john tuttle Wrote:
xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:i love cars, and can be very boring to others for hours on end about gas, flappy paddle gear boxes and other stuff. i want to own the new diesel audi supercar, i wont bother with the name because it is too long. it is manual or automatic, has torque in huge amounts and will top 200mph. all this and it produces around the same amount of polution as a 2.0 ltr renault megane, shame it is a prototype.....
yay, im not the only car guy here. is the car you are talking about the Audi R8 TDI? iv read about it in some british car magazines, but i am pretty sure its coming out, its not a prototype.

nope, it is something like the audi rs8 quattreporte tdi turbo
you might want to check your facts, it is the R8 TDI:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/13/detr ... 8-v12-tdi/
audi doesn't make an rs8, they don't generally call there cras "turbo," and the quattroporte is a maserati. just saying

06-15-2008 08:01 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

hmmm, i heard that used oil (like the kind left over from deep frying stuff?) can be used as clean fuel. so if thats true, then its er, saving two birds with one stone!

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
06-15-2008 02:44 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

The world consume a little over 30 billion gallons of oil every year. This consumption is continuing to increase but over time but overall world production is falling. Countries that have an infrastructure highly dependent on oil (and especially foreign oil) are completely and utterly screwed.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-15-2008 06:21 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

So basically fucking everyone. Now, to alternative energies before the economy collapses!

K
S
06-15-2008 07:03 PM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

i like driving muchly! although, there will be no point because oil has to run out soon enough

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
06-15-2008 09:33 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

1, r8 v12 tdi
2, my gramps used to have and audi quattreporte

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
06-16-2008 03:32 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:1, r8 v12 tdi
2, my gramps used to have and audi quattreporte
1. i was close enough, i just missed the "V12"
2. its not a quattroporte!! this is a quattroporte: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Quattroporte
he is talking about the Auni Quattro, not quattroporte:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Quattro

06-16-2008 06:44 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

FUCKING HELL, IM FUCKING TELLING YOU THAT MY GRAMPS USED TO HAVE A FUCKING AUDI QUATTREPORTE AND IT WAS RED AND HE DROVE ME TO THE BEACH IN IT ONE DAY AND WE HAD A REALLY FUN TIME PISSING EVERYONE ELSE OFF BECAUSE WE HAD AN AUDI QUATTREPORTE. I KNOW MASERATI MADE THE QUATTREPORTE BUT AUDI USE THAT NAME ON FAST 4 WHEEL DRIVE CONERTIBLES!

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

06-16-2008 06:53 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:FUCKING HELL, IM FUCKING TELLING YOU THAT MY GRAMPS USED TO HAVE A FUCKING AUDI QUATTREPORTE AND IT WAS RED AND HE DROVE ME TO THE BEACH IN IT ONE DAY AND WE HAD A REALLY FUN TIME PISSING EVERYONE ELSE OFF BECAUSE WE HAD AN AUDI QUATTREPORTE. I KNOW MASERATI MADE THE QUATTREPORTE BUT AUDI USE THAT NAME ON FAST 4 WHEEL DRIVE CONERTIBLES!

[Image: picard-no-facepalm.jpg]

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-16-2008 07:04 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

sorry, was trying to prove my point, and got carried away. why dont we leave this argument alone now.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

06-16-2008 07:15 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Makes me want to bomb Saudi Arabia. Mwahaha Still world domination.
06-16-2008 01:55 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:FUCKING HELL, IM FUCKING TELLING YOU THAT MY GRAMPS USED TO HAVE A FUCKING AUDI QUATTREPORTE AND IT WAS RED AND HE DROVE ME TO THE BEACH IN IT ONE DAY AND WE HAD A REALLY FUN TIME PISSING EVERYONE ELSE OFF BECAUSE WE HAD AN AUDI QUATTREPORTE. I KNOW MASERATI MADE THE QUATTREPORTE BUT AUDI USE THAT NAME ON FAST 4 WHEEL DRIVE CONERTIBLES!
Audi did make a convertible version of the QUATRRO, and they also made quattro (what they call all wheel drive) version of other Audi cars like 80s, 90, 100s, A4s and A3s, but they never made a car called the Quattroporte! Quattro and Quattroporte are two different things!!!

06-17-2008 01:34 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

fucking hell, lets just leave this argument alone now, before i say something i regret, because i relly enjoy talking about cars. you seem to be one of the only people here who likes them on the same scale as i do.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

06-17-2008 01:48 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

xoxoSARAHxoxo Wrote:fucking hell, lets just leave this argument alone now, before i say something i regret, because i relly enjoy talking about cars. you seem to be one of the only people here who likes them on the same scale as i do.
sorry, didn't meen to sound angry, so i agree to stop the arguement. Smile

06-17-2008 06:20 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

ok. Razz

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

06-17-2008 06:21 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Probably Weswammy Wrote:BICYCLES!!!!!
I can't ride a bike. So, nothankskthanxbye.
demonater10 Wrote:My car doesn't run on gas, it runs on peoples self-esteem.
Looks like I should look elsewhere the next time I should fill up.
*Looks at RATS network*
hmmm...
Lamest joke ever.
Did you get that sucker out of a 4th grade humanities book?
john tuttle Wrote:
That's nice, though Acura and BMW's latest concepts are just as awesome.(http://www.motortrend.com/future/concep ... index.html)

woah dude
dude woah
06-20-2008 01:29 AM
Claytoak Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I really do hate cars. They're loud and noisy, and worst of all, there's too many of them. Take it from me, A Southern Californian, I live about an hour or so away from LA. Traffic is damn horrible. We have more cars than some countries do, and that's just one county!

Also, other uses of tranportation are ignored because of cars, like trains and such, they take up one fifth of the enegry cars and planes, I don't believe this Global Warming mess, but that's plus for you enviromentalists. I mean, unless you live in New York City, pretty much all passenger rail services are ignored because everyone has their little damn Hondas, and Toyatas, and Chevies, and I think you get my point. Cars blow. End of Discussion.
06-20-2008 04:39 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Honestly, when (or if) I get to New York, I'm gonna learn how to skateboard/run long distances/etc instead of driving around.
06-20-2008 07:36 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Claytoak Wrote:I really do hate cars. They're loud and noisy, and worst of all, there's too many of them. Take it from me, A Southern Californian, I live about an hour or so away from LA. Traffic is damn horrible. We have more cars than some countries do, and that's just one county!

Also, other uses of tranportation are ignored because of cars, like trains and such, they take up one fifth of the enegry cars and planes, I don't believe this Global Warming mess, but that's plus for you enviromentalists. I mean, unless you live in New York City, pretty much all passenger rail services are ignored because everyone has their little damn Hondas, and Toyatas, and Chevies, and I think you get my point. Cars blow. End of Discussion.
go die in a hole Fu

06-21-2008 05:37 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Claytoak Wrote:I really do hate cars. They're loud and noisy, and worst of all, there's too many of them. Take it from me, A Southern Californian, I live about an hour or so away from LA. Traffic is damn horrible. We have more cars than some countries do, and that's just one county!

im sorry, but please go fuck yourself then go die in a hole.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

06-21-2008 10:38 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

happy fool called Nigel Wrote:Fuck cars.

You are obviosly the stereotypical city kid who does not think worth shit. I am from a small town with verry little to do or buy. If I want a nice jacket or sweatshirt I have to drive at least an hour to get to a decent store.
If I want to take my girlfirend to see a movie, the closest theater(which is old and shit) is a 20 minute drive away. To get to my fathers farm is a 25 min drive away from our home then to pick up parts for the equiptment can take allday depending on what you need. Cars are a verry necescary "evil" for many North American lifestyles. You should not need a car because if you need to travel out of walking distance you can take a bus or a cab but many other people need cars or simply cannot earn their living without them. So FUCK YOU AND YOUR RETARDED ENVIRO-RANTS.
06-22-2008 10:09 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i use the city bus here, back home i walk inless its at least 15 km away, then i bum rides

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
06-22-2008 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some truth behind rising food prices. gore goroth 1 1,126 03-22-2012 08:20 AM
Last Post: fish20
  Check Out Gas Prices Just Down The Street From Obama’s White House HeartofShadows 10 6,248 03-15-2012 09:02 PM
Last Post: bulgarianlion