RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student revolt
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: Student revolt

AWOL Wrote:I still want that fucking name you know.
http://liq33.ulmb.com/mmmmm.html

Hint: It's the only name with a capital letter. Evil

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
06-15-2008 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Coma Girl Wrote:would it seem weird if every student stopped going to school but went to a place together to learn something, like, made a different kind of thing, maybe rented out a huge hall, and went together there so they could use that as a school...

something along the lines of that?

LOL. Do you honestly believe people would do this? People have no respect for learning.

This is why this "revolution" is fucking dumb. People will revolt for the wrong reason, and the government will inevitably take over again because everyone missed the point.

No one is going to risk a revolution to go learn stuff. HAHAHA

They're going to revolt and they're going to go home and watch TV and talk to friends over the internet saying, "OMG LOL. r3volu7ion! nao i can jus' waste my life away cuz iz kool!!!11loolololicame"

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-15-2008 08:08 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Strat...That's worse then school?

Epic win book.
06-15-2008 08:10 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

No. I think it would be better if people did just sit at home. But the problem is that the government will inevitably convince people do go back to school with loads and loads of propaganda and if push comes to shove, the enactment of new laws to react violently to insurrection.

If people revolted for the right reason, there is no way the government would win. Unfortunately if people did revolt for the right reason, they probably already had the necessary mindset to resist going to school and having their mind destroyed and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-15-2008 08:13 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Anyway...I think it would be cool to have a website with all our best stuff about why state education (AKA government detention camps) is a piece of shit and to advocate revolting. We can decide on a date later and other details.

It's worth a try even though I know this is the stupidest idea ever.

06-15-2008 08:25 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Stratovarius Wrote:No. I think it would be better if people did just sit at home. But the problem is that the government will inevitably convince people do go back to school with loads and loads of propaganda and if push comes to shove, the enactment of new laws to react violently to insurrection.
That would most likely result in the government being overthrown.

Scratchchin

Quickly, we must spread thine propaganda! Evil

Epic win book.
06-15-2008 08:31 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Even though I think social networking sites are dumb, Facebook and Myspace could be a start. Smile

06-15-2008 08:34 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O48-st ... volts.html
http://www.uia.be/sites/uia.be/db/db/x. ... d=11320520

06-15-2008 08:38 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Coma Girl Wrote:would it seem weird if every student stopped going to school but went to a place together to learn something, like, made a different kind of thing, maybe rented out a huge hall, and went together there so they could use that as a school...

Yea maybe it could be like an "information market" where maybe people could exhcange books, knowledge and teach each other things. Perhaps We could have lots of information markets all over the place.

Btw Stratovarius your cup is half empty I guess...

Do we need a new thread? Because this thread will probably go back to debating the issue rather than doing something about it.
06-15-2008 10:03 PM
Stephanie Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Stratovarius Wrote:Anyway...I think it would be cool to have a website with all our best stuff about why state education (AKA government detention camps) is a piece of shit and to advocate revolting..

Erm, why not just promote this site? Make a flier that has the web address and some info and get more people involved? Use the increased networks to set up support groups for school sufferers in everyones area and then plan mass school refusals from there?

Start small, think big.
06-15-2008 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

psychopath Wrote:

Btw Stratovarius your cup is half empty I guess...

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

06-15-2008 10:11 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

It's supposed to mean that you're a pessimist, didn't mean to offend you
06-15-2008 10:13 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

No I wasn't offended, I've just never heard that expression before...lol.

Also I'm a realist, not a pessimist. Scratchchin

06-15-2008 10:15 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Stratovarius Wrote:No I wasn't offended, I've just never heard that expression before...lol.

Also I'm a realist, not a pessimist. Scratchchin
Then you better learn some more about reality.

Epic win book.
06-16-2008 05:25 AM
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:
Probably Weswammy Wrote:A revolution is probably the stupidest thing you can do.
Not that it wouldn't be cool and make the world better, but it is near suicide. Also, if you even get a moderate revolutionary following they will kill you and say you were in a car wreck or something similar. Have you heard of Men In Black, even though Hollywood has made satires of the subject I'm sure they exist and that they make sure we never know exactly what's going on in the world.
They are smarter than us, they have better weapons, and they have brainwashed the general populace. A rebellion in the US of A is very stupid, more stupid than the Revolution that started this country.
...You failed there. A revolution would first require they are de-brainwashed.
And you fail at using the word "fail", sir.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
06-16-2008 04:15 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Ahab Wrote:And you fail at using the word "fail", sir.
Pupil, you are wrong, now be quiet.

Epic win book.
06-16-2008 04:30 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Can someone design me some pamphlets etc.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-16-2008 06:49 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Okay... you guys can work on the student revolt, I'll work on trying to soften parents and teachers up to the concept of alternatives to school. Someone has to do that too, or else this will turn into a Us vs. Them scenario very quickly. They have to be able to understand why we're doing this. I'm planning on setting up a site just about alternatives to school and why they are better. It'll look friendlier to the general population than SS does... Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-17-2008 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

"Revolt" doesn't necessarily mean chaos in the street and blood. It can be working toward the cause, and changing hearts and minds. I'm hoping people mean this. It's a good way to do things.
06-17-2008 09:42 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

A small protest is good though. It gets you attention and if you play your cards correctly, you can get "the word" out to a lot of people.

06-17-2008 09:48 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I say we do something like a protest/parade thingy where we hold signs with different sayings as stated before in them; I saw more than enough crackpots in Hollywood, if people are used to that, god knows how they will react to us. Probably in a negative manner. But hey, maybe we will open a few people's eyes to school, hand out pamphlets with info on why school is bad, etc. I have about 5, 10, or so many friends who probably would do something like that. Evil So, that's another idea.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-27-2008 08:41 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

STOP FUCKING BUMPING!!! The new topic is 'fighting tyranny one school at a time'

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
07-27-2008 01:01 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:STOP FUCKING BUMPING!!! The new topic is 'fighting tyranny one school at a time'

Um, my post fit in with that, I had an idea like a peaceful protest.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
08-05-2008 11:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sick of school? Revolt! V.2 aerftghyjk 299 34,295 06-03-2011 06:46 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  Sick of school? Revolt! psychopath 15 5,055 01-09-2009 08:56 AM
Last Post: Quioxte
  School, Satisfy My Desire for Adventure Or I shall Revolt The Apathy 5 2,270 08-06-2008 03:07 AM
Last Post: Sunbourn