RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation is stupid
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Graduation is stupid

Why you may ask, Its celebrating that you wasted 14 years of your life if not more. I hate it when they tell you its a "privilege" to promote or go to gradution. You waste your time, and then you have to earn it.

See the problem is my 8th grade promotion crap is next week. Im not sure if im even allowed to go because of my grades from the 1st semester. Brickwall
I probably left out something.
06-10-2008 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
6moredetentions Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: Graduation is stupid

oooo i didnt get to go to graduation but i never to get to go most the time so it dusnt matter
06-11-2008 02:53 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

The only reason I went to my graduation was because my best friend wanted me to go. So I did, and I invited her instead of my stepmother. Which prompted everyone to shit themselves...
06-11-2008 06:05 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Ayliana Wrote:Which prompted everyone to shit themselves...
Wtf
06-11-2008 12:08 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I dislike graduation ceremonies. Mainly because I view it as a bit of a waste of time. Plus the speeches always suck. And being in the band is a pain in the ass too. The lights make it feel like it's 90 degrees. So we get to sit in 90 degree heat for 3 or 4 hours and play Pomp and Circumstance for approx. 18 mins. Which is fucking murder on your jaw. Then we do the same with Rejouissance.

K
S
06-11-2008 12:48 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Graduation - The instant at which you are competent to enroll in college and begin in the workforce.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
06-11-2008 03:49 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

they force people to go to graduation in this state, luckly ill be back in canada when i grad and not have to see those fucks again. intill i enter work force( no money to move from amherst, and hate the states)

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
06-12-2008 01:05 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

they force people to go to graduation in this state, luckly ill be back in canada when i grad and not have to see those fucks again. intill i enter work force( no money to move from amherst, and hate the states)

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
06-12-2008 01:05 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

magic Wrote:
Ayliana Wrote:Which prompted everyone to shit themselves...
Wtf

Figurtively speaking. I bucked tradition by not inviting my bitch of a stepmother, so everyone shit themselves over it.
06-12-2008 03:45 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I hate graduations. All those girls trying to be cute by wearing dresses (like it's a fucking wedding) and smiling as if they like the fact that school ruined their whole fucking childhood. I refuse to go to mine...IF I graduate that is. I don't give a crap anymore, I'm sick of everything.
06-12-2008 06:07 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:I hate graduations. All those girls trying to be cute by wearing dresses (like it's a fucking wedding) and smiling as if they like the fact that school ruined their whole fucking childhood. I refuse to go to mine...IF I graduate that is. I don't give a crap anymore, I'm sick of everything.

You must absolutely despise proms then, huh?

As for the original topic, I dunno. I could see how graduation ceremonies are a waste of time, but with mine being on Saturday and my mom throwing a party for me, it's kinda hard to be pessimistic about it.
06-12-2008 06:33 AM
Squee Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Ugh, graduation -_-"
I'm just going to try and get it over with as painful as it may be.
Then, I'll be free from my awful middle school.
=D

[Image: untitled.png]
06-12-2008 06:45 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

wadekarl Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:I hate graduations. All those girls trying to be cute by wearing dresses (like it's a fucking wedding) and smiling as if they like the fact that school ruined their whole fucking childhood. I refuse to go to mine...IF I graduate that is. I don't give a crap anymore, I'm sick of everything.

You must absolutely despise proms then, huh?

As for the original topic, I dunno. I could see how graduation ceremonies are a waste of time, but with mine being on Saturday and my mom throwing a party for me, it's kinda hard to be pessimistic about it.

Oh yeah, I don't want to go to mine. Makes me feel ridiculous. But I have to admit, it's not so much the people acting so happy and everything, it's also because of this problem I have that I won't mention (too personal). So I shouldn't have been so harsh. If I didn't have the problem I would probably like graduations and dances like proms a little more.

And yeah, I think you should be optimistic about it. I apologize if I had offended you with my last post.
06-12-2008 06:55 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

It's cool, I wasn't offended in any way whatsoever. Smile
06-12-2008 10:35 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

I had my graduation ceremony on June 3rd.
For some reason, everybody started cheering when my name was called and I got my diploma.
06-12-2008 01:19 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:I had my graduation ceremony on June 3rd.
For some reason, everybody started cheering when my name was called and I got my diploma.

'Grats.
06-13-2008 10:56 AM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Dude I did graduation today.

Fucking sucked.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
06-13-2008 01:07 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

What happened. i found out our grad crap or promotion is like 3 hours in the sun. What a bunch of bull. Its bad enough, jezz. I really want my school to be gone.
06-13-2008 05:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  graduation practice L0KI 3 2,382 02-15-2017 12:01 AM
Last Post: L0KI
  Graduation is not worth celebrating Sunbourn 2 2,261 04-27-2013 10:31 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  no requirements = no clearance = no graduation mehkitten 1 1,975 03-20-2013 06:59 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Something stupid about my future graduation ceremony Sharpie 9 7,084 06-05-2012 01:56 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Graduation Coming Up ExpiredDough 7 3,704 05-18-2012 02:58 PM
Last Post: ExpiredDough
  Is Going To Graduation Worth It?? EnemyOfTheState 13 5,044 12-09-2010 04:17 AM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  Graduation: Yes, you can fuck THAT up, too. ChickenLeg 9 4,108 06-06-2009 11:56 AM
Last Post: Aviator
  Graduation's coming up soon -_- Fox 10 4,001 05-18-2008 07:52 AM
Last Post: Evasion
  Need graduation quote...ideas? payback123 22 6,250 09-04-2007 09:51 AM
Last Post: Hayley44
  Graduation Happy Camper 16 3,655 06-11-2007 01:59 PM
Last Post: Z?