RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nintendo ds games
Michaela-x Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Nintendo ds games

Hiya everyone!
Well I have had a ninetendo ds for some time now, but I want to get one of those cards....erm, you know, where you can download games on to it.
(What are they called how much are they and where do you buy them?!)
Also, I just want to know any games that you really like/have enjoyed or that you would recomend to me? I have lots of games already but i'm thinking of tradiung some in to get more.
Thanks,
Michaela.

Decent avatar coming when I can get one, K?
06-11-2008 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mogul Offline
Revolutionary

Re: Nintendo ds games

Sorry for the delay, I`ve missed this thread up `till now. :(

What you're looking for is a memory card adapter ( requires a MicroSD card). There are lots of these handy little devices but only a select few are worth it:

SuperCard DS One - apparently nice, has RealTime Save (you can save the game anytime, not just at checkpoints), also has Moonshell (a homebrew application, no idea what id does Confused ), supports cheats and game guides.

R4DS - allegedly the best adapter, has 94% - 98% functionality towards all games, supports Moonshell as well, probably cheats too, no in-game lag.

G6DS Real - an adapter with incorporated memory (so you don't need a MicroDS or any other similar card). Dunno much about this card expect that you don't need any other fancy devices and has no in-game lag. But I heard it's quite good.

CycloDS Evolution - also allegedly one of the best, RealTime Save, cheats, homebrow etc. Thing is, it's rumored that CycloDS is "copying" SuperCard. O.o

M3DS Real (mind you, an improved version of M3DS Simply) - not much of a card from what I've heard, but acceptable. But there's this rumor that the M3's chip is missing. Suspicious

Those are the cards I mostly recommend cuz' you're least likely to get scammed, I think (or hope ^^). For more reviews, you could check out this site, but I still recommend the cards described above.

As for buying them, to my knowledge these cards are only available online or in underground stores. You could try your luck here. Depends if you live in America or Europe tho'. Wink

Hope I helped. Smile

/Edit: If you do order a memory card adapter, please let me know, I'm looking forward to buying one as well. Smile
06-17-2008 11:24 PM
Michaela-x Offline
Rebel

Are those the things where you download games onto them?
[sorry, i'm a bit slow on stuff liike that]
I was going to get one of them, actually.
My sis has got one but i've no idea what type it is.
What else can you do with these thingies or is it just for games? And thanks, you did help Smile

Decent avatar coming when I can get one, K?
06-18-2008 02:04 AM
Mogul Offline
Revolutionary

Michaela-x Wrote:Are those the things where you download games onto them?

Yep, that's where you store the games on the DS. Wink

Quote:I was going to get one of them, actually.
My sis has got one but i've no idea what type it is.

So I guess she has a DS too? Razz Well why not consult with her? She'll probably give you better answers than I can. ^^

Quote:What else can you do with these thingies or is it just for games?

Not just games, you can store music and videos too, and possibly install Opera. I don't really recommend it tho', browsing the net by Wi-Fi with an 8 MB RAM rig must be nerve-racking. Stabhead

Oh, forgot to mention that you can also install homebrew applications like calculators, agendas (maybe even games, but certainly not as good as official ones Wink).
06-18-2008 03:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Brick Nintendo DS/DSi/DS3 Bros Sociopath 3 1,599 01-28-2013 04:22 PM
Last Post: Alistoriv
  The new Nintendo system... "WiiU" UnschoolShqiponjë 15 4,746 10-27-2012 07:38 AM
Last Post: AtheistLGBTQAnarchist
  The games forum lacks serious games... aaaaaaasd 17 2,764 03-24-2010 01:36 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  Nintendo want to turn games into movies KitsuneSefam 27 3,595 01-26-2009 05:58 AM
Last Post: KitsuneSefam
  RTS games/MMORPG games aewanko 9 2,091 12-19-2008 11:28 AM
Last Post: arthasmenethil
  Nintendo DSi - Nintendo drops the portable ball KitsuneSefam 12 2,110 10-20-2008 05:37 AM
Last Post: thewake
  PS3, XBox 360, or Nintendo Revolution? ANAL_FROST!!! 13 2,600 05-24-2006 10:27 AM
Last Post: modest mouse