RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Which type did you get?
ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Jung/Briggs-Meyers Test
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: Jung/Briggs-Meyers Test

YEYS! ANIEKINS!

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
02-20-2009 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
annie Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

-shneeeek-
So, erm, you're an INTJ?
Cool.
Razz

TEAM ATTICUS
"Do you really think so?"

How can anyone not get that reference...
02-20-2009 09:08 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

tee hee - what were you again?

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
02-20-2009 09:23 AM
annie Offline
Revolutionary

INFJ Razz

TEAM ATTICUS
"Do you really think so?"

How can anyone not get that reference...
02-20-2009 09:29 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

yeys!

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-20-2009 09:37 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67 38 25 1

ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey
ISTJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ISTJ Famous Personalities
ISTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Bow before me I is not slightly important. Notworthy

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-23-2009 02:32 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Wow... So many old posters posters coming back here. Hey annie. Then again lots of noobs...

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
02-25-2009 06:51 AM
JoshuaTheJew Offline
Rebel

Sorry for bringing back an old topic Wasntme

Quote:Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

44% 25% 25% 67%

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* distinctively expressed perceiving personality

Quote:LISTEN PPL I GOE 2 SKOOL I GET EDACATUN I LERN THINGZ N THEIR AINT NUTTIN RONG WIT GOEN 2 SKOOL. I GO 2 SKOOL DEN 2 COLLEGE TO GET GR8 JOB MAYBE EVEN BECOME GOOD LAWYER. SO U GUISE NEED 2 QUIT TRYIN 2 GET PPL TO STAY OUT OF SKOOL. SKOOL IS KEWL PPLZ.

That right there, is the true meaning of, Epic Fail.
03-10-2009 08:49 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 12 1 56

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

I have no clue what any of this means.
03-15-2009 10:11 PM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

PunchingYou Wrote:INTJ
Introverted 78
Intuitive 38
Thinking 38
Judging 11

Woot, i retook test today during school.

scored INTJ again... so after 6 months i STILL have not 'evolved' into something else, as cool as that sounds..

Intro 75
Intuitive 25
Think 50
Judge 50
I think that is what i scored, not sure about intuitive part though...

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
03-24-2009 01:22 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Code:
Your Type is
ENFP Strength of the preferences %  

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
22                50         62         33

slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Yeah, that's me...

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
04-02-2009 09:15 AM
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

ENFP after a year still.

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
04-10-2009 12:50 AM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Code:
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted    Intuitive    Thinking    Perceiving
78    88    25    22

You are:
    * very expressed introvert
    * very expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed perceiving personality

I think I'm really an INTJ with severe ADD. A lot of questions that code for Judging are the ones about being neat, orderly, on-time, etc. and ADD is the opposite of that.

But the type descriptions of INTJ are more accurate in terms of how I function best.

But I'm definitely IN** to the extreme. At times, on various MBTI tests, I've scored INTP, at times INTJ, and a few times INFP.
05-08-2009 11:25 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
44 1 75 44

The description makes sense enough.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html

Quote:As an ISFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five sense in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers", and are usually uncomfortable with theorizing concepts and ideas, unless they see a practical application. They learn best in a "hands-on" environment, and consequently may become easily bored with the traditional teaching methods, which emphasize abstract thinking. They do not like impersonal analysis, and are uncomfortable with the idea of making decisions based strictly on logic. Their strong value systems demand that decisions are evaluated against their subjective beliefs, rather than against some objective rules or laws.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.

ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.

The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
05-16-2009 11:30 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

i have like all the traits of asperger syndrom and autism.. dang it

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
06-20-2009 03:50 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Introverted: 44
Intuitive: 62
Thinking: 1 <----What the fuck?
Judging: 44

You are:

moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

J.Butt and M.M.Heiss Wrote:To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

And from D.Keirsey's perspective, I'm a Mastermind. Sweet.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
06-26-2009 07:10 AM
SleeperAwakes Offline
Renegade

INTP
Architect.
I took this test. And After looking at the board, I am surprised to see so many of us. Specifically since we are supposed to be a relatively small percent of the population.

What I give form to in daylight is only one per cent of what I have seen in darkness.
M. C. Escher
-
The nearest to my heart are a king without a kingdom and a poor man who does not know how to beg.
Khalil Gibran

[Image: moonbannervroom.jpg]
06-30-2009 06:36 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
1 88 12 22

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* very expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

Funny, usually I score architect.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
06-30-2009 06:48 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I got ENTJ, which is pretty on-the-mark for me.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-18-2009 11:59 PM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Redid this and got an INTJ reading.

It was like 89% introverted 35% intuitive 65% thinking and 8% judging.

woah dude
dude woah
09-16-2009 08:03 AM
spookycloud Offline
Rebel

xcriteria Wrote:The correlation between temperament and school dislike is a really interesting and important topic because it could provide a basis for explaining to politicians, teachers, parents, schools, etc. that a subset of students have a genuine difference and reason that causes typical school to be horrible mismatch for them. Some of the IN** pattern on SS could be due to what types tend to participate in internet forums, but I'm sure there's a substantial actual correlation with disliking school.

A couple years ago I did looked pretty hard for academic research on temperament, student attitudes toward school, etc., and I've looked into it a bit since, but so little has been done...

I agree, I'd like to see some research done on this too. I've only come across teaching tips based on dichotomies and multiple intelligences. Although that's a start, I doubt they'll bother to implement anything at my school for awhile... INs tend to be pretty individualistic but most schools might not have enough resources to cater to minorities. Temperament based faculties would be interesting for example. Schools are very SJ-dominant with all the rules, structure, deadlines, trees before the forest rote memorisation.. so it makes sense why INPs/INs top the SS list. Extraverts gain energy from navigating the external world, so they may have an easier time/have more invested in managing external engagements. Intuition prefers to explore and uphold the realm of possibilities rather than actualities, why vs what, but SPs may also reject school and the status quo because it doesn't offer them enough freedom, and SJs may do so by upholding the effectiveness of the current reformist paradigm for future tradition. (generalising based on keirsey temperaments)

Online tests are usually pretty inaccurate. When I first heard of MBTI, I tested INFP. I had to do more research into the cognitive functions to figure out that I am actually INFJ.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
09-21-2009 04:03 PM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

INJT

Introverted 89%
Intuitive 56%
Thinking 30%
Judging 33%

You are:

* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

EDIT: I don't really like online tests. No idea why I did this one.
09-22-2009 12:27 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

With people that I talk to, mostly Ns hate school, and Ss either like it or are indifferent to it.
09-23-2009 02:53 PM
polexia Offline
Rebel

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
100 50 62 33

You are:

* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

I have taken like 20 of these tests and they all say im an INFP.
11-02-2009 03:22 AM
Paper Cuts Offline
Renegade

Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
83 1 75 78

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

very expressed perceiving personality

Wow, let me take the other one again, because I have NEVER tested anything but INFP, and I got ISFP. All my other tests say INFP so I feel those are more on

[Image: 177518.png]
11-06-2009 12:07 PM
Paper Cuts Offline
Renegade

[Image: 177518.png] Much better and closer to my usual results

[Image: 177518.png]
11-06-2009 12:23 PM
dark_castle Offline
Rebel

I think I'm an INFJ.Smile

I've taken these tests a long time ago.
12-19-2009 12:49 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Since someone bumped it, I might as well say ISFJ.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
12-19-2009 12:32 PM
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Your Type is
ESFP
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
78 12 88 22

ESFP type description by D.Keirsey
ESFP Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ESFP Famous Personalities
ESFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
very expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

very expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

I've changed used to be ENFP

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
01-04-2010 09:51 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

My health teacher brought this up in class and gave the test to us for an assignment...

Anyway I took it like three times and got INTJ twice and INTP once. the J and the P were both low which apparently means I could go INTJ or INTP.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-05-2010 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Aspbergers & Meyers Briggs the Analogist 10 4,771 03-20-2017 01:23 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  the Analogist's Carl Jung Reading Log the Analogist 0 2,039 08-01-2016 01:28 PM
Last Post: the Analogist