RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. Send me a message if you'd like to keep in touch with me & Steve.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Voluntary Human Extinction Movement
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Let me begin by saying I'm adopted, it's a wonderful thing really, I plan on adopting when i get older, because some people really are stupid, and insist on having children.

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
08-18-2008 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1977 thank(s) in 1209 post(s)

I know a couple of intelligent people who insist on having children... but nobody's perfect... :>_>:

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-18-2008 02:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kitteneater Offline
Revolutionary

cryptevah72 Wrote:idk though, it seems logical but then i know ppl who have loved ones like that...
Well then you ask yourself: would you rather force someone to live through long days of pain and suffering, or would you rather let someone die respectfully, when it's known that they will inevitably die. I'd think mercy would be in letting one die, than in living a state of confusion and suffering. It definitely is a thing of perspective, but if I had to choose between not having children, and allowing the inevitable to happen naturally, I'd choose the latter.
08-18-2008 05:35 AM
thedarkmind Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

this is a good idea and everything but there arent enough people smart enough to follow this idea to make it viable. eventually the chinese will die out if they follow their current population trend. the solution for overpopulation is predators, disease, or war and starvation.the situation in africa could be solved with a noncorrupt government(if there were such a thing) or if we simply stopped supporting them. the main reason they are having 40 000 children die of starvation every year is the fact that they breed like rabbits constantly increasing the number of children they cannot support dragging them into worse poverty and starvation than they were already in. if we shipped them a billion condoms(or other birth control) it would be much more helpful than giving them just food.also if we stopped supporting them then there would be less starving children anyway and they would have to deal with their own problems as opposed to depending on our aid.

you cannot stop someone who will not be stopped
08-18-2008 11:18 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

actually, i see alot of logic in that...

Kitteneater Wrote:Well then you ask yourself: would you rather force someone to live through long days of pain and suffering, or would you rather let someone die respectfully, when it's known that they will inevitably die. I'd think mercy would be in letting one die, than in living a state of confusion and suffering. It definitely is a thing of perspective, but if I had to choose between not having children, and allowing the inevitable to happen naturally, I'd choose the latter.
...i guess i'd have to agree, if i were like that, i'd definatley want to be let die. i guess a big part is that people have to stop obsessing over dieing, its a natural part of this world. its not like most people are particularily happy about life, so why be so sad about death?

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
09-02-2008 12:45 PM
ricepaperzen Offline
Defiant

i'm for it as well, the truth is. I have a theory that that's why homosexuality was created, being a lesbian myself it's my way of realizing that we're not unnatural, just evolution.
things need to end, and they will weather or not humans except.
09-02-2008 12:54 PM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

but does than mean that homosexuality will eventually drive the human race to extinction? (if its evolution?)

(well actually women can still reproduce even if men became extinct...)

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
09-02-2008 01:17 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 295 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

WTF! No they can't, you have to have both organs to make babies.

And I personally see this movement as cynical. I want to have a son someday, to carry on my family name and heritage and whatnot(I was the first son of an only son of a first son). Call me crazy, but I'm cool like that.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-07-2008 03:33 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Quote:I want to have a son someday...
Adopt one. After I've spent 1,5 month with my family (three kids) I prefer children on pictures.
Quote:WTF! No they can't, you have to have both organs to make babies.
I'd have to search it but I know that our balls are not as important as we think.
And after all u can always keep a few for sperm.

http://gobinu.deviantart.com/ (trying to make it busy).
09-08-2008 05:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:This was mentioned in another topic, but I think it deserves its own thread...
http://www.vhemt.org/

Quote:"May we live long and die out"
Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.

Thoughts?

We could just have limits on the amount of kids a family can legally have... thus not cramming full foster homes and not emptying the Earth of us altogether.

Nonetheless, that's a great idea, and I support it, but too many humans won't take this seriously. Really, who wants to stop doing it? That's why I propose... wait for it...

RADIOACTIVE ZOMBIE TAKEOVER!!! Who's with me? Anyone?

Anyone? Feel free to stand up for what's awesome.

No one?

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
09-08-2008 06:03 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Gobinu Wrote:
Quote:I want to have a son someday...
Adopt one. After I've spent 1,5 month with my family (three kids) I prefer children on pictures.
That kid wouldn't have my DNA, it wouldn't be the same. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to adopt, but if I got married I would want me and my wife to have, at least, one kid.
It seems selfish (and it very well may be), but I want to let my lineage live on into the future. An extension of myself even.
Quote:
Quote:WTF! No they can't, you have to have both organs to make babies.
I'd have to search it but I know that our balls are not as important as we think.
And after all u can always keep a few for sperm.
That is freaky...

09-13-2008 10:51 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:That kid wouldn't have my DNA, it wouldn't be the same. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to adopt, but if I got married I would want me and my wife to have, at least, one kid.
It seems selfish (and it very well may be), but I want to let my lineage live on into the future. An extension of myself even.
DNA doesn't guarantee that kid will end up even remotely like you at all. And what if that kid you have decides not to have kids him/herself? Then your lineage isn't going very far. So you'd have to have at least 3 kids to increase your odds, and each of them would have to have more than one, and make them live in different places in case something happens to one of them in one area, so the others can be safe and more likely to keep your DNA going. Also, make sure none of them turn out gay. That'd be really bad for you. And you'd have to keep some of your sperm in a sperm bank just in case something happens to all your kids and you're already dead, so that someone else can make more people with your DNA. My point is basically that if you're going to plan out your lineage, you'd better not be half-assed about it.

And there was a lot of sarcasm involved in the making of this post. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-14-2008 01:16 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Lol. I just want someone to carry on my torch. An heir, if you will.

09-14-2008 02:52 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Epic lulz if your kid turns atheist. What then?

Hidden stuff:
09-14-2008 04:41 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

My parents never did anything to me.
Although on time I was watching a documentary on evolution when I was, like, 5 and my parents made me change it and said evolution was bullhonkey. Nowadays I don't really care if evolution is real or not, or even if the account in Genesis is real or not.
The creation story serves a different purpose than getting in the way of scientific theories.

And if my kid turned atheist, I'd still make him go to church. I can't think of anything I could thank my parents more for than finally starting to go to church regularly when I was ten. For a long my my family was religiously divided. But that's another story for another post.

09-21-2008 11:33 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

Remove blatantly obvious labels from the jars.
Don't listen to blatantly stupid lawsuits.
Problem solved.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
04-24-2009 03:39 AM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I couldn't NOT have a child, since that's an experience in life that I've given a lot of thought to and decided that I wanted to do once I'm old enough and responsible and married.
I think that expecting everyone to stop reproducing is ridiculous. I mean, you can't take away people's right to use their bodies as they please(including having sex and creating a child).
There's the same problem with poplutation control.
Having TV shows with families of 18 children or more and glorifying that is stupid. Nobody can support that many children(unless they make a dumb TV show about it). I mean, sure, I don't think that ANYONE should have more than 5 kids(Octo mom, anyone?), unless they're living in some third world country where the infant death rate is STILL catastrophic.
Yes, I think that overpopulation of humans is a big problem.
But forbidding people from having children?
Involuntary sterilization?
Doesn't anyone notice how Fucking NAZI that sounds?
No, the solution to all our problems won't come with sterilization or not reproducing. The organization does seem pretty well-intentioned and it seems like they've thought this through, but...
No, I don't think it would work.

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
04-24-2009 05:22 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Stop me if i missed anything important (Only skimmed) But in my opinion, this is just a small group of people too concerned on a smaller problem, and trying to do something that will most likely never work.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-24-2009 05:40 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Mangareadr, it was never involuntary, it's the VOLUNTARY Human Extinction Movement.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-24-2009 09:56 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i watched a video that said something like this in ecology. i kinda laughed. the video said we needed to be like 3 billoin to 1 billoin in population. and i just thought maybe the well try to reseract hitler.

anyways its a stupid idea.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
04-24-2009 12:40 PM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

People like to fuck to much. You couldn't stop it, But I guess we could all just masturbate.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
04-24-2009 03:54 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Mortalitas Wrote:Mangareadr, it was never involuntary, it's the VOLUNTARY Human Extinction Movement.

I know, I was talking about itisi's post earlier in the discussion about involuntary sterilization and I was just pointing out how ridiculous I thought that idea was. Guess I forgot to clarify that...

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
04-24-2009 05:39 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

This will never happen. Those who volunteer will not pass on their genes, so traits that make people more likely to volunteer will eventually be eliminated. Think about it, only those who want to reproduce will do so, meaning that the type of person who volunteers will almost always be rare.

The people that don't volunteer will pass on their culture and genes to their children, and this culture and genes will likely make sure that the children will also reproduce.

Anyway, I would prefer it if there were less of us and if we didn't grow so unsustainably, but extinction? no
04-24-2009 07:31 PM
Lovey Offline
Renegade

Edit until I check something.

somebody Wrote:This game separates the men from the other men, because why are men playing with boys anyways.
01-20-2010 01:07 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

We'd have much of a lasting effect on this world, die out or not.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-20-2010 01:08 PM
Lovey Offline
Renegade

Edit is gone again. Argh. Sorry.

somebody Wrote:This game separates the men from the other men, because why are men playing with boys anyways.
01-20-2010 02:11 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 16 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Large bump, but I support the idea. It would do miracles if we couldn't reproduce more than once for a few decades.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-21-2010 12:45 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Human extinction may be a tad extreme but the numbers could be whittled down somewhat.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
01-21-2010 01:00 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

The population problem, at this point is out of control in my opinion. I read some statistics that say in like twenty years or so our population will double. 12 billion? Fuck that. Next time you go to a crowded wall mart or crowded beach picture that doubled. Tired of corn? Double that. Starvation, doubled. Poverty will worsen, people won't be able to find homes. Disease will spread at an alarming rate. New diseases will pop up everywhere. Ebola scares the shit out of me. In my opinion we need to deal with the population problem, and soon.

The Chinese only allow one child to be born per family. Chinese culture is involved in spreading there heritage with male children. When people started having daughters they killed them and tried for a boy. This is still happening today. The boy/girl ration is ridiculous. There are far to many boys and 5/1 guys in China won't be able to find a mate. What will this result in?
1. More prostitution.
2. Homosexuality
3. Eventually a much less dense Chinese population.

It is terribly inhumane and many girls in China are being treated like shit.
But if we stop the anti-population work China is doing then we will have to replace it with something more humane which likely won't work.

India is catching up to China and is expected to pass them in population soon.

I may sound harsh but unfortunately we may have to let China do it's thing and possibly follow there lead. Of course we would have to deal with cultural issues to ensure boy/girl ratios remain logical. Also we will have to make sure we don't go around inhumanely sterilizing people and aborting 9 month pregnant babies like China is doing now but were ganna have to do something.

I think.

Besides I'm not sure I wan't to be alive with 12 billion people on our planet.

Also I strongly believe we need to spread out past the earth onto other planets and inhabit space but that'll be in the future.

I think this is going to be hard to read/understand but I don't feel like rewriting it right now so I hope you get what I'm saying XD.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-21-2010 08:13 AM
Lovey Offline
Renegade

I have typed this thing three goddamn times. They have been huge posts. I even did some research. But I cannot say it like I want to. So, in short:

Quote:This was mentioned in another topic, but I think it deserves its own thread...
http://www.vhemt.org/

Quote:
"May we live long and die out"
Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.

Thoughts?

If you are serious about this, fuck you. Just, fuck you. That was the essence of my post. It is quite literally not worth my time and effort to make another long fcking post, because people are working to fix this. You guys can sit there and talk and cry and stare into your navels and finger your guns all you want, some people (not me, don't get me wrong) are trying to clean up the human race, clean up their messes, and make it so we can live here nicely. You guys have fun being useless while the rest of the world gets their act together.

01-23-2010 02:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movement!!! MOVEMENT PLEASE READ. happy fool called Nigel 51 3,616 01-22-2008 03:36 AM
Last Post: happy fool called Nigel
  Extinction Crisis Escalates Guest 5 1,000 10-03-2007 12:15 PM
Last Post: Suicidal-kun