RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Robotnik Land
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Super Robotnik Land

Ever heard of CraaazyCat13's Robotnik and his gameboy?
They made a game of it.
http://superrobotnikland.blogspot.com/
I beat it! It was funny.

And finally...

SnooPINGAS usual I see?
Cosbydaf, upon reading this sentence you have to play this game. HA!
07-04-2008 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Re: Super Robotnik Land

Wait, is this the full version? I played and beat the latest demo, I forgot when the full version was supposed to come out.
07-04-2008 04:48 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Cosbydaf Wrote:Wait, is this the full version? I played and beat the latest demo, I forgot when the full version was supposed to come out.
Indeedy Doubitably. The full one came out ages ago.
07-04-2008 04:55 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

HOLY SHIT!

Well, I'm playin rite now.
07-04-2008 04:58 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

WTF? I got to the loading screen but it never loads, it just stops responding.
07-04-2008 05:05 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Are you using Vista?
That can be known to cause problems.
07-04-2008 05:08 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Pfft, Vista is a problem in itself.

But anyway, I got it to load, it just takes such a long time that Task Manager says it's not responding, but it starts up after about 5 minutes.

I'll play it later when I don't have nay interruptions.
07-04-2008 05:14 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Cosbydaf Wrote:Pfft, Vista is a problem in itself.

But anyway, I got it to load, it just takes such a long time that Task Manager says it's not responding, but it starts up after about 5 minutes.

I'll play it later when I don't have nay interruptions.

It was made with the Game Maker engine, so the filesize was increased as a side effect in order to made gamemaker files work with vista.

Btw, you won't regret the wait. Robotnik's PINGAS still cracks me up.
07-04-2008 05:29 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, the "PINGAS!" is still funny, especially with the Smash Bros sfx when you hit an enemy with it. I wish they'd give PINGAS upgrades that had different effects. Maybe in Robotnik's Gameboy 2, if the guy makes another one.

I got up to the Morshu(Bombman) fight. Man is he hard to beat. I'll play the rest later, but I must say I noticed plenty of upgrades from the demo, like how the levels have backgrounds now.
07-04-2008 06:04 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Got to the Castle level. And boy, does that 1 hit kill thing get annoying, especially since Robotnik moves and jumps like he's on the moon.
07-04-2008 08:32 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

If I could make SRL, (which I can, but I want to make other game projects first), RabbitMan (Dr Rabbit) would easily make the cut.
07-05-2008 02:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The super-super unofficial Friday the 13th 'event' game McGee! 3 1,730 11-14-2009 11:06 PM
Last Post: Fire Elf