RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when do you have to go back to school
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: when do you have to go back to school

Quote:1. Could someone please quote me insulting chemistry_hater ONCE?

And could someone please quote me saying that liq insulted me ONCE?

Quote:2. Chemistry_hater, I am merely trying to get you to realise you are CHOOSING school. The choice between cops and school may not seem like much of a choice, but it is still a choice. Ever heard the saying "die for your country". Well, you obviously care more about being alive then being free. Some people, like me, think the other way around.

It's not like I DON'T realize that, it's pretty fucking simple. I'm not a 4 year old. But you said I CHOSE for my life to suck. That's exactly what you said and I'll quote you too:

Quote:Life doesn't suck. It only sucks because you choose it to.

Now, I must cut this post short, because I just had an epiphany.

Directly from the 2nd page of this thread. What YOU don't realize, smart guy, is that you're wrong. If choosing between school and cops is not much of a choice and you'd be fucked either way, how's that choosing for your life to suck (when both ways, it would suck anyway, since there's no other choice)? And they're telling ME that I contradict myself.

And by the way, yes, I have heard of that quote. But again, ever heard of DISAGREEMENT? Look it up in the dictionary (but I doubt you can even type the URL out). Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you can quote their post with a big NO. OK? Because that's just asking for a fight (and you got one....AND lost).

Yes, I'd rather live than be free. So, since I'm assuming that you're in school (because you wouldn't be here in the first place) and that means for you that you're NOT free, why don't you just kill yourself? I mean, according to you, freedom is everything, not life. NEWSFLASH, you can't be free without being alive. And if everybody DID agree with you, everyone in jail would be dead by now, even the innocent.
08-29-2008 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

How do you be free if you're dead? Confused
Also, the cops aren't gonna kill him, they're going to drag him to court/school... so he inevitably ends up there regardless... just with more crap involved. I don't see anything wrong with waiting it out and being free when done with school...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-29-2008 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:And could someone please quote me saying that liq insulted me ONCE?
I thought I'd point out that I haven't insulted you once. You've insulted me about 10 times. So. :/

Ok, simple logic time. It does have some premises...what are they...

1. Life is finite. You WILL die.
2. According to one, you're time on Earth is LIMITED.
3. You have a better chance of happiness if you take a risk and try to achieve it.
4. Doing something you don't like reduces you're chances of happiness.

Thus, since you don't like school, you should try to leave it. You have a better chance of happiness by trying to leave school, then not trying to leave school. Are you trying?

Lastly, I'm not in school. I dropped out of uni(college for you Americans) in April.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
08-29-2008 08:19 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:And could someone please quote me saying that liq insulted me ONCE?
I thought I'd point out that I haven't insulted you once. You've insulted me about 10 times. So. :/

Ok, simple logic time. It does have some premises...what are they...

1. Life is finite. You WILL die.
2. According to one, you're time on Earth is LIMITED.
3. You have a better chance of happiness if you take a risk and try to achieve it.
4. Doing something you don't like reduces you're chances of happiness.

Thus, since you don't like school, you should try to leave it. You have a better chance of happiness by trying to leave school, then not trying to leave school. Are you trying?

Lastly, I'm not in school. I dropped out of uni(college for you Americans) in April.

And you STILL ignore some of my questions because you KNOW I'm right, but don't like admitting you're wrong. I HATE people who do that.

Firstly, what does insulting someone have to do with ANYTHING on this topic? It's not against the rules or anything, so what the hell's your point? You seem to be typing useless crap that makes no sense. You're getting nowhere. It might be because you just want to add something to make everyone else get their mind off the fact that you're wrong. You still haven't answered my question about "choosing life to suck". I'm waiting.

Now onto your "simple logic" shit:

1. And who in their right mind doesn't know that? What's your point?
2. .....isn't that the same sentence as number 1 worded differently? Are you just trying to make your list longer to make it seem like you know what you're talking about?
3. Says who? You? Again, matter of opinion. Even if it was true, there will ALWAYS be exceptions.
4. See number 3.

Nope, I think leaving will have a greater negative effect on me on the long run. It's my life, not yours, you don't decide for me.

Congrats on being a drop out.
You find happiness yet?
08-29-2008 08:25 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:How do you be free if you're dead? Confused
Also, the cops aren't gonna kill him, they're going to drag him to court/school... so he inevitably ends up there regardless... just with more crap involved. I don't see anything wrong with waiting it out and being free when done with school...
Well you lose time, which you never get back...Even if you don't drop out, not doing what they tell you is a good idea. You can make progress on life goals while waiting for age 18 to drop out. This all goes to the shitter if you have neocon parents of course. :/

The death thing is really complicated and depends on what you believe.

Epic win book.
08-29-2008 08:27 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:The death thing is really complicated and depends on what you believe.

EXACTLY. So why are you forcing yours on me?
08-29-2008 08:31 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Lets say to achieve happiness you must do A. If you do not try to do A, you have 0% chance of happiness. You you try to do A, you have a greater then 0% chance of happiness.

chemistry_hater Wrote:Nope, I think leaving will have a greater negative effect on me on the long run.
Ah this is where it gets fun. You can't objectively prove that to be true. Mwahaha

chemistry_hater Wrote:It's my life, not yours, you don't decide for me.
I'm not trying to.

chemistry_hater Wrote:Congrats on being a drop out.
Thanks. :]
chemistry_hater Wrote:You find happiness yet?
Nope, still looking. I've most certainly made more progress then you Biggrin.

Epic win book.
08-29-2008 08:33 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

chemistry_hater Wrote:

Because mine works, logically (and I have subjective proof for it), and it's yet to be proven wrong? o.O

Epic win book.
08-29-2008 08:34 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Lets say to achieve happiness you must do A. If you do not try to do A, you have 0% chance of happiness. You you try to do A, you have a greater then 0% chance of happiness.

Let's just say that that's ONLY YOUR BELIEF and does not apply to everyone.

Still waiting for you to answer my question by the way, I know you're avoiding it.

Quote:Ah this is where it gets fun. You can't objectively prove that to be true.
I never said I could. And that's exactly why I typed "THINK". Because I don't know for SURE. But just like you, I have my own beliefs and I believe I will be better off if I finish school. Nobody can tell me otherwise.

Quote:I'm not trying to.

You told me to try to leave school. So yes, you certainly were.

Quote:Thanks. :]

Anytime. Smile

Quote:Nope, still looking. I've most certainly made more progress then you Biggrin.
Ah this is where it gets fun. You can't objectively prove that to be true.
As you don't know anything about me.
08-29-2008 08:38 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:

Because mine works, logically (and I have subjective proof for it), and it's yet to be proven wrong? o.O

Yours works for you, not everyone. If it worked for everyone, don't you think I'd agree with you?

DUMBFUCK
08-29-2008 08:39 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

chemistry_hater Wrote:Yours works for you, not everyone. If it worked for everyone, don't you think I'd agree with you?
Actually no, the things I was thinking of when I typed that are objective truths. Thus, they apply to everyone.

Ones that I know are true, but most people don't believe them:
Intention manifestation.
Telepathy.
Psychokinesis.

Ones that I think are likely to be true, but I am skeptical about:

Afterlife being a higher level of consciousness (or existence).
What we believe dictating our subjective reality. Note that this has physical consequences.
Single consciousness.

Also, what is this question you keep saying I won't answer?
chemistry_hater Wrote:Let's just say that that's ONLY YOUR BELIEF and does not apply to everyone.
Actually, it's simple logic. Replace "happiness" with "thrown ball" and "A" with "let go of ball" and ignore the horrible grammar, and it still works. Razz

Epic win book.
08-29-2008 08:48 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Actually no, the things I was thinking of when I typed that are objective truths. Thus, they apply to everyone.

Ones that I know are true, but most people don't believe them:
Intention manifestation.
Telepathy.
Psychokinesis.

Ones that I think are likely to be true, but I am skeptical about:

Afterlife being a higher level of consciousness (or existence).
What we believe dictating our subjective reality. Note that this has physical consequences.
Single consciousness.

Actually, YES. The things you are thinking is what you believe and do not apply to everyone. Just like religion. Telepathy and psychokinesis are not proven, therefore not accepted as real facts. Damn, I'm losing IQ digits just by typing to you.

Quote:Also, what is this question you keep saying I won't answer?

As if you don't know. I've mentioned it three times already. But since you're so absent minded I won't mind mentioning it again. Read the little paragraph right below the third quote of my post at the top of this page. The question is there.

Quote:Actually, it's simple logic. Replace "happiness" with "thrown ball" and "A" with "let go of ball" and ignore the horrible grammar, and it still works. Razz

Logic? More like stupidity. It might work for you, but it doesn't work for me.
08-29-2008 09:09 AM
Darkstripe Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I haven't been here for awhile, but then I had no need to. I go back tomorrow. Noo But I DO sorta want to go back. At least I have my friends. I'm not alone! Holidays will be around the corner soon!
09-02-2008 04:34 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

i also go back to school tommorow. i suppose the first day wont be so bad, due to the fact you spend only two hours actually in school and i can muyck around with hannah all day (im in her form and you spent the first day in your form rooms.)

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-02-2008 06:09 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Damn, just two days now. Some-one plz save me, i need out.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
09-02-2008 06:12 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

September 3rd. While school starts up on the second, I'm missing that day cuz I have to go to the eye doctor. Getting me some new glasses. The ones I have now are crooked from having been hit in the face (accidentally) at school.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
09-02-2008 06:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I wish I could go back to high school .... James Comey 23 11,010 04-08-2017 05:46 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  I wish I could go back to school ... Desu 26 12,178 05-25-2016 11:53 PM
Last Post: gone
  The Hackschooler Goes Back to School. Sort Of. xcriteria 11 8,917 09-06-2015 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  Back to School - Or Not? Five Reasons to Consider Learning Without Schooling xcriteria 0 2,152 05-31-2015 10:23 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Reflections: Looking back on my time on School Survival James Comey 3 2,946 02-21-2015 12:43 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  School says "If I'm not in school tomorrow, I might as well not come back." KFC Nyan Cat 4 4,214 09-18-2013 05:56 AM
Last Post: EntityCubed
  so....school fights....not allowed to fight back.... Asder Miller The Second 10 6,659 08-23-2013 10:20 AM
Last Post: Miab419
  Back to school... James Comey 45 18,014 08-13-2013 01:28 AM
Last Post: Miab419
  Back To School Supplies EntityCubed 8 4,482 08-10-2013 05:06 PM
Last Post: Night
  Back To School: 15 Myths About Education Miller0700 16 9,066 02-09-2013 01:15 PM
Last Post: no