RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News on Internet Safety
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)
Fox News on Internet Safety

My dad is watching some bullshit at this very moment and my ears perked up when I heard this, "Parents if you're watching this right now, get up and go over to your computer and find out what your kids are looking at on the internet." Laugh

*queue pain series*

They go on to talk about how anyone under the age of 18 should not even be on social networking sites like myspace. Laugh

It's even funnier because they think they're so right on this one. "It's crazy these days!" Things are always funny when someone fails during an act of srs business.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
08-22-2008 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)
Re: Fox News on Internet Safety

Well, this is obviously nothing new. They'd like to pretend that they're "helping" but the sad reality is that they NEVER ask the kids, they don't understand that the PARENTS are responsible, and think that 18- are just a bunch of braindead morons who have discovered the internet much like a caveman discovers fire. The result? Persecution like the witches went through.
08-22-2008 03:37 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Epic phail.

Go figure, it's usually people who hardly ever go online that spread all this bullshit about how everyone's out to rape you on the intertubes. Which is probably why they hardly ever go online unless they have their pepper spray handy nearby. Rolleyes

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-22-2008 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:how everyone's out to rape you on the intertubes.
Yes! We much watch out for the penis's that come through your monitor and rape you! They are REAL and dangerous! Be afraid!

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
08-22-2008 04:03 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Fox news = pile of horse shit.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
08-22-2008 04:08 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

If they come out the monitor, how do they rape you? I mean, you do sit with your face watching the monitor, not your ass, .... right? Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
08-22-2008 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

SoulRiser Wrote:If they come out the monitor, how do they rape you? I mean, you do sit with your face watching the monitor, not your ass, .... right? Laugh
Dick goes in mouth.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
08-22-2008 04:14 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:If they come out the monitor, how do they rape you? I mean, you do sit with your face watching the monitor, not your ass, .... right? Laugh
Magic. The penis grows and chases you around the room!

Epic win book.
08-22-2008 04:17 AM
Double Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:Fox news = pile of horse shit.

QFT.
08-22-2008 04:18 AM
Pinko Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:all this bullshit about how everyone's out to rape you on the intertubes.

Everyone is out to rape you on the intertubes.

People give up their lives for many reasons.
For friendship, for love, for an ideal
And people kill for the same reasons.
08-22-2008 05:38 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Address? Phone number? Age? Gender?

I need this information. I am conducting a study on addresses, phone numbers, age and gender. All helpers will be greatly rewarded.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-22-2008 09:19 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

My address is...wait just a minute, are you one of them stalkers/pedophiles? You can't fool me.

FOX is also wrong on this. Ordinarily, I do tend to agree with what they have to say *ducks projectiles*, but they are dead wrong on this, especially saying that people below 18 shouldn't go on social networking sites.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
08-22-2008 10:43 AM
ChickenLeg Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

This is even worse than that one Fox News report on "Anonymous".

And I mean that in a bad way. That was funny, this isn't.

[Image: b24db005eGyMw.png]
08-22-2008 02:03 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347035,00.html

Quote:Fishel's recent presentation at James River High School was one of many being held in classrooms this school year across Virginia, the first state to mandate that public schools offer Internet safety classes for all grade levels. It's one of many measures being taken nationally to protect young Web users.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
08-22-2008 02:06 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

These people need to LURK MOAR on the fucking internet. They clearly don't know what internet culture is much less where the power button on the PC is.

08-22-2008 02:14 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Stratovarius Wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347035,00.html

Quote:Fishel's recent presentation at James River High School was one of many being held in classrooms this school year across Virginia, the first state to mandate that public schools offer Internet safety classes for all grade levels. It's one of many measures being taken nationally to protect young Web users.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

GODAMMIT GODAMMITGODAMMITGODAMMITGODAMMITGODAMMIT
GODAMMITGODAMMITGODAMMITGODAMMITsa[oDNIO{SANDIO{SABNIODSANO{FABNSO{FDA!!
Mad Mad Mad
08-22-2008 04:03 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

So just be all controversial.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-22-2008 09:10 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Virginia, the first state to mandate that public schools offer Internet safety classes
zOMG, I'm so glad I don't have to attend shit like that. I'm sure it will either be painfully hilarious or will entirely ruin the concept of internet for everyone involved.

Hidden stuff:
08-23-2008 12:21 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

I am the only one who has noticed that VIRGINia is the first state to do 'teach' this?

Epic win book.
08-23-2008 12:27 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Ha...ha...

08-23-2008 01:50 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

My state is mentally retarded.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
08-23-2008 02:05 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

people like them have no qualifications to talk about internet safety. they probable don't even go on the internet. it would be like saying that all airplanes will crash.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
08-23-2008 04:32 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

NiteRaidah Wrote:My address is...wait just a minute, are you one of them stalkers/pedophiles? You can't fool me.

FOX is also wrong on this. Ordinarily, I do tend to agree with what they have to say *ducks projectiles*, but they are dead wrong on this, especially saying that people below 18 shouldn't go on social networking sites.
agreed.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
08-23-2008 04:35 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

fox news is shit. ive never even bothered to watchit untli about a month ago when my grandpa was over, he had it on. that shit was so fucking stupid. they ask the most obvious questions like there was a bus crash where one kid got injured and at the end of the report the anchor asked "do you know if any of the children were injured" WTf what dumbasses. they have stupid special reports to like the one Stratovarius talked about. its just MINDLESS untrue SHIT FUCK THE MEDIA
08-23-2008 05:39 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

The Fox News Technique:

anchor-"some say that [insert 2 hours of nonsensical ultra right-wing ranting about healthcare, abortion, gays, Rachel Ray, how Osama Obama is a terrorist, etc.]."

smart person-"wait, do you actually know if any of that's true?"

anchor's lawyer-"hey, he said 'some say.' we can't garuntee it's factual, we're just reporting what we heard."

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
08-23-2008 06:13 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

This is really stupid. Outside of the chans the internet is RELLATIVLY safe.

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
08-23-2008 01:26 PM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I won't let the media tell me when i should be scared or not or when i should have a boner or not.
08-23-2008 04:55 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:Virginia, the first state to mandate that public schools offer Internet safety classes
zOMG, I'm so glad I don't have to attend shit like that. I'm sure it will either be painfully hilarious or will entirely ruin the concept of internet for everyone involved.
It would prolly just be another stupid assembly

Like the following pointless wastes of time:
"Drugs are bad, mkay?"
"Alcohols are bad, mkay?"
"Secks is bad, mkay?"

and coming in 2009:
"Internets is bad, mkay?"

No-one really pays attention to this kind of bull. Although it would be kind of silly to hear in class stuff like "Lulz is a corruption of lol which stands for laugh out loud", and other stuff like that...

The only good signature is a dead signature.
08-23-2008 10:32 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

26 Wrote:Although it would be kind of silly to hear in class stuff like "Lulz is a corruption of lol which stands for laugh out loud", and other stuff like that...

The day that occurs is the day I down a bottle of Drain cleaner.
08-24-2008 02:37 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

ATXTheKiller Wrote:
26 Wrote:Although it would be kind of silly to hear in class stuff like "Lulz is a corruption of lol which stands for laugh out loud", and other stuff like that...

The day that occurs is the day I down a bottle of Drain cleaner.
OFT man
08-24-2008 03:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm about to endanger my safety somewhat by doing this Milk2Go 21 2,851 12-08-2008 01:50 PM
Last Post: KitsuneSefam