RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy of my Myspace blog (US elections)
.xstrike-anywherex. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 21 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
Copy of my Myspace blog (US elections)

Election year, once again. The first one that matters to me. 8 years back I was just a kid doing what all kids should be doing; playing video games and ignoring politics. 4 years ago I was a naive preteen who really didn't think at all, any thoughts on world issues I had were uninformed and very simple, very child like.

But this year, I do care. I have opened my eyes to a world where a soul can be bought by money, where greed owns the consciences of heads of state, where the most powerful nations of the world have an arsenal of bombs that can literally destroy the Earth 100 times over, and still feel they need to build more of them.

This all sounds very pessimistic. I must admit I often am looking at the negative side of things. But I try to believe there is a greater force at work in the world, that most people have a conscience and believe in liberty, sometimes apathy takes them over, sometimes nationalism takes them over. A whole variety of things can silence them, but there are many out there still vocal, staying vocal, screaming out against injustice.

I'm a leftist, I believe in liberty. When the primary elections were happening, I supported Mike Gravel, a radical advocate of direct democracy, autonomy of an individual over their own bodies, drug reform, the end of America's wars. Unfortunately, advocates of revolutionary thoughts are rarely praised. His supporters were treated as "wasting a vote", and the media mocked him, even what is called the "liberal media".

Obama never completely sold me, he still hasn't, but I recognize he's the better of 2 choices now, and I realize what's at stake. He's no savior, and honestly I'm quite annoyed by the thought that if he becomes president, some of his supporters won't find any fault in his actions. If he is going to be a good president he needs to be watched, and people need to give him hell when he fucks up. Even so, I think his presidency will be a good step forward, and I endorse him. Obama believes in diplomacy, that's a good thing. He will preserve Roe v. Wade by appointing sane judges to the Supreme Court, that's a good thing. He believes poverty is a greater problem than the ignorant conservative thought "they should have tried harder", that's a good thing.

McCain is not a bad person. He is a very strong person, the hell he endured as a POW is something most people can't even imagine. The military of our nation is made of many great people. To anyone and everyone in the military with the true desire to make a difference in the world, I am thankful to you. To anyone who joined the military with hopes of a better future, I hope you gain that good future in your life. Even McCain now, I believe is a good man, albeit misguided in his goals. But what will come out of his presidency is not beneficial to America.

The "maverick" aligned himself with right-wing extremist Sarah Palin. She is a heartbeat away from the presidency. She is everything that the spirit of America is against. She supports censorship of libraries. She wants to dissolve the separation of church and state that has given us so many liberties. She doesn't give a shit what happens to the Earth as long as she gets her oil. And alternative energy, renewable resources - forget it with her, she won't support the innovative minds of our people, she won't allow the creativity of them to shine through.

Look at what's at stake America! War with Iran! It could happen, and it would be disastrous. Good men and women who valiantly serve our military will die, innocent people will be slaughtered by the masses. No more war!

We need infinite energy! We need solar power, we need geothermic power, we have cleaner ethanol and propane until those are developed. But no, the Republican ticket will leave us on oil until one day the wells run dry and world falls into chaos with nothing else to support its technology!

A civilized society supporting safe abortion may not exist much longer. The Republicans are delusional! Abortion isn't a good thing. Lives are harmed, emotions are damaged. In a better world it wouldn't happen. But if it's made illegal, it will still happen. And it will happen in back alleys, it will happen in the late term instead of within a first trimester limit. Women will die, disease will spread, lives will fall apart. That's what the Republicans want. We have to preserve the legality of abortion, if you would have it outlawed, you aren't thinking about life.

These things are at stake now. Stay active, stay vocal, and speak out! Make the right choice, give America a brighter future!

Step into my twisted reality

[Image: churchsign.jpg]
09-06-2008 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Re: Copy of my Myspace blog (US elections)

Awsomeness. I to like McCain, but you get the feeling that he is being pushed around by other Republicans. While I can't vote yet, I would vote for Obama if I could.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
09-06-2008 01:44 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I like how you manage to see the good in everyone. I wish more people would do that.

Also, this was really really well said:
Quote:A civilized society supporting safe abortion may not exist much longer. The Republicans are delusional! Abortion isn't a good thing. Lives are harmed, emotions are damaged. In a better world it wouldn't happen. But if it's made illegal, it will still happen. And it will happen in back alleys, it will happen in the late term instead of within a first trimester limit. Women will die, disease will spread, lives will fall apart. That's what the Republicans want. We have to preserve the legality of abortion, if you would have it outlawed, you aren't thinking about life.
Yes

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-07-2008 12:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

You act like there are only two choices for the Presidency.
There happen to be so many you can't keep up with them all.
Bob Barr's my man. People may say you "throw away" your vote when voting for a third party candidate, but it is that kind of thinking that keeps us choosing the same Republicrats over and over again.

If you would support Obama-Biden, it is nearly the same as supporting McCain-Palin in the grand scheme of things.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-07-2008 08:36 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

What about Cynthia McKinney? She seems sane enough for president. Rolleyes

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

09-07-2008 10:36 AM
.xstrike-anywherex. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 21 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

dogman32 Wrote:You act like there are only two choices for the Presidency.
There happen to be so many you can't keep up with them all.
Bob Barr's my man. People may say you "throw away" your vote when voting for a third party candidate, but it is that kind of thinking that keeps us choosing the same Republicrats over and over again.

If you would support Obama-Biden, it is nearly the same as supporting McCain-Palin in the grand scheme of things.

I usually support third party candidates. I just hate Bob Barr. And I'm disappointed in Nader for various reasons.

Step into my twisted reality

[Image: churchsign.jpg]
09-08-2008 06:08 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I can see why you would dislike him.
He was a stereotypical Republican for man years.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

09-13-2008 11:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections Desu 3 2,067 03-12-2012 03:03 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Don't Copy that Floppy 2 Wingless 7 2,515 10-26-2009 10:29 PM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  The SS US Presidential Elections John Tuttle 82 19,287 10-23-2008 12:58 PM
Last Post: magikarp
  the 08, elections Thought Criminal 24 4,535 10-26-2007 10:21 AM
Last Post: thewake
  Why did Bush win the elections? SoulRiser 16 6,906 12-06-2005 06:02 PM
Last Post: Nicopole